BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Z4 reliability so far

09-16-2024, 06:48 PM   #67
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I'd honestly expect it to. It's a rare case, I'd think, with a B58 self destructing. A weird fluke or the previous owner actually somehow did something to it. They've been doing I6 ICE engines a very long time, and the B58 itself was out a few years before it ever made it into a G29 Z4.

I'm telling myself this anyhow, haha, as the owner of a new one.
We all tell ourselves that. Even though we know BMW doesn't have the best reputation, we still want to believe this time is the charm.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 09:47 PM   #68
NytLyt
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
We have all experienced the same pain and it is extremely difficult to resist the temptation of testing the true power of this engine in Sport Plus mode.

I personally almost slipped up at about 800 miles when I was showing off the car to one of my best friends and he asked me how powerful it was.
But the pain was double for me. By buying used, I was immediately able to enjoy this rocket to its full ability. Then, after a year of unbridled tomfoolery, having to restrain myself, especially when challenged at lights by drivers of cars who mistakenly thought that their car was faster than mine, I had to swallow my pride and watch them pull ahead of me. I could not let this madness stand for more than a week 😝
Appreciate 2
Balr14950.50
      09-16-2024, 10:18 PM   #69
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NytLyt View Post
But the pain was double for me. By buying used, I was immediately able to enjoy this rocket to its full ability. Then, after a year of unbridled tomfoolery, having to restrain myself, especially when challenged at lights by drivers of cars who mistakenly thought that their car was faster than mine, I had to swallow my pride and watch them pull ahead of me. I could not let this madness stand for more than a week 😝
In the old days, when there were cars on the street, I would not have been able to withstand temptation. But, now it's nothing but SUVs and 4 door pickup trucks. Boring!
Appreciate 1