BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Firearms

02-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #881
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
You do realize just about anyone could see you open carry, take you down, and run off with your gun, right?

Seriously, thats the dumbest thing you could do.
You do realize the type of holster I bought, you'd either have to pick me up and carry me away or strip me of my pants to get my gun away from me. It locks in the holister. I didn't buy the $19.99 holster.
Appreciate 1
///Mongo272.50
      02-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #882
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Holster*.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #883
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

William, do you open carry? Which holster do you use?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:39 PM   #884
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
For the next 6-8 months. Concealed permit application processors arent exactly as fast as the DMV. It takes a very very long time.
Looks good. Not a huge fan of the paddle holsters but i believe Safari Land give you a belt attachment as well as the paddle. The paddle is convenient to pop it on and off of your hip.

Make sure you are vigilant about gun safety, not only locking it up when home, but in handling it as well. With your plan to carry to and from work at times, you'll have it with you, on you and moving around from bag to hip, etc... need to be sure to have a plan to keep it secure while at work and transfer it without negligence.

Go back to the place you got it and take a few pistol classes if they offer them. The more you shoot (starting with quality instruction) the better and safer you'll be when handling and shooting it.

If you're down my way, hit me up and we'll go sling some lead down range. I've been thinking of going to AR for some mtn biking in late spring. If i do go, i'll make a point to pass through Nola for some range time.
Sara5775.50
      02-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #885
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

I don't open carry except when hiking, but I conceal carry with an outside waist band holster most of the time.
Attached Images

Sara5775.50
      02-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #886
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Is that pm2 natural g10? Carry same daily with m4 tool steel
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #887
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You do realize the type of holster I bought, you'd either have to pick me up and carry me away or strip me of my pants to get my gun away from me. It locks in the holister. I didn't buy the $19.99 holster.
I assume you mean gun has retention it doesn't lock in. If you can pull it out to use so can someone else. You won't find anyone who open carrys here unless they are hunting or at range or something. I do like Tonka in woods hiking.
Appreciate 1
Axius4202.00
      02-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #888
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
William, do you open carry? Which holster do you use?
CC at 3 o clock. Alien gear IWB, also have a $20 IWB from amazon that is my go to due to easy clip to the belt, small enough can wear in appendix and not get jabbed.

NC has open carry but open carry imo makes you an easy open target if something was to go wrong or someone concealed is on the offensive.

Id rather be disguised and make educated decisions to be the advantage.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #889
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Is that pm2 natural g10? Carry same daily with m4 tool steel
pm2 Camo g10.
      02-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #890
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I assume you mean gun has retention it doesn't lock in. If you can pull it out to use so can someone else. You won't find anyone who open carrys here unless they are hunting or at range or something. I do like Tonka in woods hiking.
Safari land offers OWB holsters that require a thumb or finger lever to be depressed in order to remove the pistol. I have one of them for the HK P30. I'm assuming that's what she meant.
      02-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #891
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't pull out with force. You have to click the slide and it will release the hold on it to pull it out. So as I said, it's not like taking a dollar out of my back pocket.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #892
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
CC at 3 o clock. Alien gear IWB, also have a $20 IWB from amazon that is my go to due to easy clip to the belt, small enough can wear in appendix and not get jabbed.

NC has open carry but open carry imo makes you an easy open target if something was to go wrong or someone concealed is on the offensive.

Id rather be disguised and make educated decisions to be the advantage.
In Louisiana you cannot "disguise" aka conceal a firearm without a permit that takes 6-8 to process for review.
Not sure what the laws are in NC but in Louisiana is a $500 fine and or 6 months jail time. So I WILL Never disguise this without a permit. Non negotiable. The only option I have is to open carry or go without protection and not carry. There is no disguising option for me at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:11 PM   #893
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Youve survived "x" amount of years before buying a firearm. Wait 6 to 7 months, or make your tiny little blonde self a walking target for 6 to 7 months. Think about it.

NC has open carry no permit needed, I waited. Your choice to open is foolish, but its your choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #894
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Looks good. Not a huge fan of the paddle holsters but i believe Safari Land give you a belt attachment as well as the paddle. The paddle is convenient to pop it on and off of your hip.

Make sure you are vigilant about gun safety, not only locking it up when home, but in handling it as well. With your plan to carry to and from work at times, you'll have it with you, on you and moving around from bag to hip, etc... need to be sure to have a plan to keep it secure while at work and transfer it without negligence.

Go back to the place you got it and take a few pistol classes if they offer them. The more you shoot (starting with quality instruction) the better and safer you'll be when handling and shooting it.

If you're down my way, hit me up and we'll go sling some lead down range. I've been thinking of going to AR for some mtn biking in late spring. If i do go, i'll make a point to pass through Nola for some range time.
You know. When the cops put it on me at first I didn't like it but I tried a couple other brands and then he put this one back on me and I wore it around for 15 minutes while they did the paperwork and the longer I wore it the less I realized it was there. It's actually the most "comfortable" one I tried on. In time it'll become second skin and I won't feel it when I wear it
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #895
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Youve survived "x" amount of years before buying a firearm. Wait 6 to 7 months, or make your tiny little blonde self a walking target for 6 to 7 months. Think about it.

NC has open carry no permit needed, I waited. Your choice to open is foolish, but its your choice.
Living in ritzy places and working there too. I have been working downtown for only 2 months ...... in two months Jessica and I have been stalked, harassed, watched, and I'm doing something about it finall to give me more confidence. She's already been having her gun.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #896
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't pull out with force. You have to click the slide and it will release the hold on it to pull it out. So as I said, it's not like taking a dollar out of my back pocket.
That is a nice feature
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #897
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

That's your opinion. You post like I'm the only female in Louisiana to open carry who's 5'3.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #898
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That is a nice feature
I really like it plus the release lock is on the inside, not the outside like some other ones which would make it easier to be taken.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #899
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
That's your opinion. You post like I'm the only female in Louisiana to open carry who's 5'3.
I post like Id rather you not be a target, but take it however you want.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #900
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I post like Id rather you not be a target, but take it however you want.
Unfortunately I'm a target with or without. I'd just rather some pompous ass make his move while I'm armed rather than not armed
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #901
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That is a nice feature
This is the one I bought. It says middle finger but the cop taught me to use my thumb. Much easier that way. You just click the slide backwards and you hear it snap and you can pull your gun out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #902
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0