vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
I never mind cooking for a vegetarian but there are no vegans allowed in my house!
Those people are insufferable.
Vegans are militant vegetarians, although I prefer to call them orthodox vegetarians.

The three vegetarians dragged us to a vegan restaurant for Thanksgiving about 7 years ago. Nobody from their family had ever been there before. It was hilarious to watch the vegetarians read the vegan menu, Google each item, and give it the "blech" that it deserved.

I ordered some creamed corn entree, and the chef somehow managed to burn it to the point of being inedible!!!!!

Last edited by vreihen16; 11-20-2023 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #24
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Dude...there is NO WAY you're gonna mention that tidbit and not expand upon it!! Details!!!
Boyfriend of one of the in-laws. Not much to expand upon, since we are also guests and have not met the dude yet. Besides, we're still at least a policeman and construction worker shy of a Village People reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Two vegetarians and an indian for Thanksgiving? Good grief.
I'm pescatarian, so i'd suggest some veggie lazagna (frozen one will do just fine). My family usually hooked me up with some enchiladas as a main course.
THREE vegetarians, and all of Italian descent. If you have never tried to serve store-bought lasagna to an Italian-American, let me just say that I'd rather take my chances wishing the Native American a Happy Thanksgiving.....
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      11-21-2023, 12:08 PM   #25
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Boyfriend of one of the in-laws. Not much to expand upon, since we are also guests and have not met the dude yet. Besides, we're still at least a policeman and construction worker shy of a Village People reunion!

THREE vegetarians, and all of Italian descent. If you have never tried to serve store-bought lasagna to an Italian-American, let me just say that I'd rather take my chances wishing the Native American a Happy Thanksgiving.....
Haha, so your group contains a biker and cowboy?

Whoa, isn't that an oxymoron? Ya, don't even mention anything store-bought, it's like blasphemy to them lol.

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615280.00
      11-21-2023, 08:35 PM   #26
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Ever since I got married, Thanksgiving is the one holiday that I dread! There are three vegetarians among the in-laws, so all food choices have to respect them. This year's twist is that a native American will be joining us, which is great for recreating that historic painting from Plymouth Rock but not when the native Americans now despise non-natives and get triggered by the sight of a turkey or even the words "Happy Thanksgiving."

On the bright side, I did get to [respectfully] eat a nice, rare filet mignon at a restaurant in front of the vegetarians one Thanksgiving.....
You do know that anyone born from the tip of Chile to the top of Canada is a "native American," yes?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 11:15 AM   #27
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Smile

Let us remember and practice the true meaning of Giving Thanks today and every day!

Naturally ti's the season to put my culinary skills to good use.

Last night I baked 6 Pies! Both happen to be my absolute favorite:
PECAN (puh-kahn) and SWEET POTATO
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
sygazelle11417.50
      11-23-2023, 03:01 PM   #28
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
You do know that anyone born from the tip of Chile to the top of Canada is a "native American," yes?
So Leo Messi is a native american?
I'll have to grab my peace pipe and ponder on that.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 03:22 PM   #29
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
So Leo Messi is a native american?
I'll have to grab my peace pipe and ponder on that.
As am I and my family. I have to go back 3 generations on my mom's side to get a non-native American and I have no idea how far on my dad's.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 03:23 PM   #30
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Let's not derail the OP but there is no 'Americans' in official US govt vernacular. It's really referring to ppl living in the 'New World' but anyway, you Yanks wanna claim the whole freaking Western hemisphere, have at it.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 10:49 AM   #31
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Let's not derail the OP but there is no 'Americans' in official US govt vernacular. It's really referring to ppl living in the 'New World' but anyway, you Yanks wanna claim the whole freaking Western hemisphere, have at it.

American on American hate crime.
Appreciate 0