BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Firearms

10-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #221
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

How about this one? Little girl dies in freak accident, British MP calls for a ban on inflatable slides and bouncy castles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oing-hell.html

Let's all just wear crash helmets and clothes made of bubble wrap wherever we go.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 07:24 AM   #222
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
The brits are flat out retarded too

You would have thought they would have learned their lesson with the scots when they tried to ban swords and bagpipes........only thing that came out of that was the freakin scots throwing tree trunks and boulders at them....
I resemble that remark. We also flipped our kilts at them.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #223
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Yea.....Mass predictably has almost 7x the violent crime we have just across the border in NH....nothing to see here....move along

That stunt your AG pulled recently is bullshit.....who knew the AG could rewrite legislation.....

For others not familiar with the special level or retardedness that mass has......if you dont have a mass firearms license and you're found in the possession of something as simple as a component of a single piece of ammunition (brass, projectile/etc) you are guilty of a FELONY
DC has that special level of retardedness. Full retard in fact. A buddy of mine was in DC for a meeting at a Federal building. He went through security screening and was asked if the bag was his and if they can inspect it further. He said no problem. The guards pull out a loaded 9mm mag for one of his hand guns. He was shocked and forgot to pull it out of his bag from being at the range the day before. He figured no big deal as he didn't have any gun that mag could have been loaded into with him. The guard asked for him to step aside and the ahole calls DC Metro PD. DC Metro PD arrives and arrests my buddy. The charge....possession of UNREGISTERED ammo. How the hell do you register ammo?

So my buddy got to spend the night in jail. Mind you he's never been arrested or had any run ins with law enforcement. To add to the nightmare, the prosecutor pushes forward to have a trial. Again, my buddy has no record what so ever yet the prosecutor pushes for a full hearing. Meanwhile, the Federal government officials my buddy was supposed to meet have written letters to DC requesting the charges to be dropped vouching for his character. Nope. Full speed ahead to a court trial. I forgot how much money my buddy spends about it was around $12-20k in attorney's fees and when the hearing finally happens, the judge drops the charges.

I told my buddy he should contact the NRA about this and see if the NRA on his behalf would turn around and sue DC. But he just wanted this whole mess to go away.

ETA: The charge of having unregistered ammo is a felony charge.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #224
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
DC has that special level of retardedness. Full retard in fact. A buddy of mine was in DC for a meeting at a Federal building. He went through security screening and was asked if the bag was his and if they can inspect it further. He said no problem. The guards pull out a loaded 9mm mag for one of his hand guns. He was shocked and forgot to pull it out of his bag from being at the range the day before. He figured no big deal as he didn't have any gun that mag could have been loaded into with him. The guard asked for him to step aside and the ahole calls DC Metro PD. DC Metro PD arrives and arrests my buddy. The charge....possession of UNREGISTERED ammo. How the hell do you register ammo?

So my buddy got to spend the night in jail. Mind you he's never been arrested or had any run ins with law enforcement. To add to the nightmare, the prosecutor pushes forward to have a trial. Again, my buddy has no record what so ever yet the prosecutor pushes for a full hearing. Meanwhile, the Federal government officials my buddy was supposed to meet have written letters to DC requesting the charges to be dropped vouching for his character. Nope. Full speed ahead to a court trial. I forgot how much money my buddy spends about it was around $12-20k in attorney's fees and when the hearing finally happens, the judge drops the charges.

I told my buddy he should contact the NRA about this and see if the NRA on his behalf would turn around and sue DC. But he just wanted this whole mess to go away.

WTF! See they know that the charges won't stick but they want to be a pain in the balls and be assholes so that court and lawyer fees get so outrageous that you voluntarily waive your 2nd ammendement rights. They can't drop an amendement so they try to strangle the citizens. I def agree with you ur buddy should contact the NRA and any other organizations to bite back at them. So he has a MD gun license and was "caught" with ammo? Or another state lic.? I mean what if it's someone that doesn't have 15k to blow? What's the option just go to prison for a couple years, lose your job, not get another job once you get out and just live the rest of your life in a hole all because some dipshit had a hard on for him
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #225
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86

Sig P226 40 on right
HK USPc40 on left
Springfield 1911
Sig M400 FDE larue MBT trigger is awesome!!! Can't beat it at $120
Colt M4 (6920 lower 6944 upper but M4 marked receiver) ALG trigger is pretty nice too

Planning on an EOtech for the Colt
You got ballz man..

Last edited by upstatedoc; 10-27-2016 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: pew pew
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #226
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
WTF! See they know that the charges won't stick but they want to be a pain in the balls and be assholes so that court and lawyer fees get so outrageous that you voluntarily waive your 2nd ammendement rights. They can't drop an amendement so they try to strangle the citizens. I def agree with you ur buddy should contact the NRA and any other organizations to bite back at them. So he has a MD gun license and was "caught" with ammo? Or another state lic.? I mean what if it's someone that doesn't have 15k to blow? What's the option just go to prison for a couple years, lose your job, not get another job once you get out and just live the rest of your life in a hole all because some dipshit had a hard on for him
Exactly. I also was WTF?! This thing dragged on for about a year if I recall correctly before it finally got to trial. The sad part of it is if the prosecutor looked at the whole picture of my buddy, he would see the guy has a boring history. No run ins with the law except this time. Was a former Fed employee and held a security clearance. Not someone you would say is a habitual offender or someone that purposely violated this stupid law in the first place. Even though the charges were dropped, the long lasting parting gift from DC with all of this, like Herpes, is he now has to always report this stupid situation in every security clearance form he has to fill out. And of course there's going to be repeated questions by the various background investigators asking about this. So it really won't go away.

I may ask him again about reconsidering his decision not to go after DC for this. And stupid crap like this is the reason why DC should never deserve state hood along with all the other rank corruption that the residents of DC just turn a blind eye on. This is besides the point of DC has always been set up as a Federal district and not intended to have state hood on its own. If these baffoons want this, then the land should be returned back to Maryland and Virginia. I'll stop here as this is getting too political.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #227
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You got ballz man..
LOL.

Well this thread was nice for the time we've had it.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #228
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
Yea.....Mass predictably has almost 7x the violent crime we have just across the border in NH....nothing to see here....move along

That stunt your AG pulled recently is bullshit.....who knew the AG could rewrite legislation.....

For others not familiar with the special level or retardedness that mass has......if you dont have a mass firearms license and you're found in the possession of something as simple as a component of a single piece of ammunition (brass, projectile/etc) you are guilty of a FELONY

DC is retarded for many reasons... way before even this story

One drive through the city and surrounding areas shows the level of corruption there... some of the highest taxes in the nation, roads that are falling apart, police on every corner wanting to catch people for going 1 mph over, tolls that are sky high, traffic... no seriously, triple fuck that area. ( i lived there)
MKSixer34171.50
      10-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #229
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
DC is retarded for many reasons... way before even this story

One drive through the city and surrounding areas shows the level of corruption there... some of the highest taxes in the nation, roads that are falling apart, police on every corner wanting to catch people for going 1 mph over, tolls that are sky high, traffic... no seriously, triple fuck that area. ( i lived there)
I'm with you on this. They don't need cops on every corner to impose the DC tax on you. They'll just let their over zealous use of speed and red light cameras do the job for them. And then there's the parking nazis they have and the F'd up signage which makes it unclear if and when you can park in a spot. Or the stupid rule that if a parking meter is broken, you're not allowed to park there as DC can't collect their money.

And not to mention instances like the Department of Education which "lost" millions of dollars and no one to this day has been held criminally liable. And when they actually got someone to head up the messed up Department of Ed to clean up the mess, they ended up driving her out.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10054.00
      10-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #230
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You got ballz man..
Yea you're right I deleted it
Delete the quote so the thread can stay open
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #231
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I'm with you on this. They don't need cops on every corner to impose the DC tax on you. They'll just let their over zealous use of speed and red light cameras do the job for them. And then there's the parking nazis they have and the F'd up signage which makes it unclear if and when you can park in a spot. Or the stupid rule that if a parking meter is broken, you're not allowed to park there as DC can't collect their money.

And not to mention instances like the Department of Education which "lost" millions of dollars and no one to this day has been held criminally liable. And when they actually got someone to head up the messed up Department of Ed to clean up the mess, they ended up driving her out.
Remind me again why did we declare independence from England?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #232
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Yea you're right I deleted it
Delete the quote so I can stay on E90Post
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #233
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT MG/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
I gave upstatedoc a heads up about the quote via PM.
      10-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #234
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsig View Post
I gave upstatedoc a heads up about the quote via PM.
Thx man
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #235
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
FTFY
What do you mean? I didn't do anything idk what your talking about I'm just a poor man with a BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #236
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Geez....didn't think I'd see this thread on bimmerpost

FN Hi-power 9mm
Ruger 10/22
Remington 742 Woodmaster 30-06 (deer hunting)
Valmet 412s o/u with two barrel sets (12ga/12ga and 12ga/.223)
Winchester Model 12 20ga from 1917

Edit: Right, forgot about the no pictures

Last edited by other_evolved; 10-27-2016 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #237
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #238
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Some AR parts are getting tougher to locate

Getting to be that time again......
lol

For panic buys and dealer gouging? Hooray!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 05:32 PM   #239
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Geez....didn't think I'd see this thread on bimmerpost
We used to have our own subforum until some crybaby got it removed. Lots of shooters in OT.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #240
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
That's steep, I paid 735 for springfield loaded.
did u ever have to sign for the shipments from freedom?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #241
Kidscollege$
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW M4

Garage List
2016 Toyota  [0.00]
2016 Lexus RX350  [0.00]
2015 BMW/M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Ruger LCP .380 with green laser
Sig Sauer P229 .40
Colt 1911 .45 1918 Black army edition
Ruger 10/22
M1 Carbine 1942 manufacture
K98 Mauser 1935 manufacture with swastikas
Arsenal AK47
Rock River AR15 with accessories
M1 Garand 1942 manufacture
M1 Garand 1943 manufacture retooled for Korean War
Mossberg 590 pump 12 gauge 9 round with 4 extra in the stock
Carry permit for 12 yrs
Love my Rock River! Tack driver!
Cant hit shit with my XD40
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #242
Golddots
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Hmm. I decline to admit of a collection in case HER decides to confiscate Aussie style.
Btw I live in va but I have a sister that lives in DC. It's a pita because I have to make sure there is no ammo or guns whenever I head there.
I would pay $$$ for a 50 state chp.
Appreciate 0