BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Which brand of car wax is the best?

02-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #45
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASR View Post
Another +1 for Collinite 845. Amazing protection, especially for the money.
Agree! Great product and dirt cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #46
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Great point.

But still....is it worth paying arm and leg for Swissvax or Wolfgang over well-regarded products like Griot's Garage? That's gonna depend on the person...for me it's not worth it.
I think all my Swissvax cost more than $1K. Not sure if I would do that again, ugh...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 01:54 AM   #47
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Just get the damn thing ceramic coated.
      02-16-2018, 03:22 AM   #48
bacanski
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320i M

For me top player so far is Soft 99 in Fusso or King of gloss.
Beading is crazy and it stay long. So far on F30 4 weeks and still doing very well.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #49
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I think all my Swissvax cost more than $1K. Not sure if I would do that again, ugh...
P1et, did you ever get a tub of Rubbish Boys?

I think I have enough tubs of carnuba/paste waxes to use a different one on each body panel...smh.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #50
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Apply megs ultimate paste to mine. Their ultimate wash helps it last a bit longer.
      02-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #51
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
P1et, did you ever get a tub of Rubbish Boys?

I think I have enough tubs of carnuba/paste waxes to use a different one on each body panel...smh.
Blast from the past, wow. But no. Never any Rubbish Boys.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 05:56 AM   #52
Monger007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E-90 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I have the Meguiar's also in my collection . But I prefer 100 X the Wolfgang Auto Bathe .
Wolfgang Auto Bathe = waterspot free , it contains oils (TUFF SUDS II) to nourish the paint . And the shine is incredible .

But like with everything from Wolfgang , it's not cheap => https://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wg1000.html
I have a friend who will take a bottle of the Wolfgang Auto Bathe back from Germany, its not easy now to ship liquids.

This is my car after a wash and dry, not bad shape for a car approaching 8 years old.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #53
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

First time polishing. What polish do you guys reccomend?

So I have 2019 x3 and it came with the dealer swirl marks and like to remove this. About a month old and got all the stuff needed except a polish to remove it. I'll be doing this in coming days but will do as follows.

Pressure rinse/foam wash/rinse
2 bucket method
iron x
tar x
claybar
then use da porter cable to polish
Then white wax

I know bmw paint is on the hard side so might be tricky to remove the swirl marks and may need mutltiple passes or gradually go to next pad (i got the whole color pad set and plan on doing least abrasive first)

Any tips also on polishing these cars would be great.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 04:56 PM   #54
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Look at Groit’s Garage. They have everything you need.

If you go to M Car Days next month, they will do a complete demo.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1640611
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #55
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Look at Groit's Garage. They have everything you need.

If you go to M Car Days next month, they will do a complete demo.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1640611
Yeah I'm looking for someone who specifically tried many polishes and see which ones best for the x3 so I don't have to try different ones lol. Guess if no one I'll just have to research and see which ones many swear by and comes up the most
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #56
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Yeah I'm looking for someone who specifically tried many polishes and see which ones best for the x3 so I don't have to try different ones lol. Guess if no one I'll just have to research and see which ones many swear by and comes up the most
This is the wax I use: https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...rPicks&from=fn

For polish: https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/complete+polish.do
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #57
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Maybe Phil from DetailersDomain could chime in. I would think you would want to use Meguiars polish like 101 or 105. I like buying from Phil bc he supports the forum(s) and he is always fast to ship(to me in Germany!). He's just a good guy. I have also used Griots as well.

I really like Menzerna sealant for the paint. They also make polishes too. You might give them a try.

http://www.menzerna.com/products/sol...lishing-steps/

I also like "P & S Bead Maker" ontop of a coat of Menzerna paint sealant.

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Pro...07KFMNSPY?th=1

Dack
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #58
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I'm lazy and have better things to do than wax my car every 4 months so I use NuFinish. I last waxed my car over 1 year ago and the water still beads perfectly and the car gets driving in winter. It was rated by consumer reports to be one of the longest lasting waxes. It shines good enough for me, not sure if others produce "more shine" but I'm very happy with it. They really need to call it a wax because it is not a polish.
http://www.nufinish.com/products/car-polish
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #59
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
So I have 2019 x3 and it came with the dealer swirl marks and like to remove this. About a month old and got all the stuff needed except a polish to remove it. I'll be doing this in coming days but will do as follows.

2 bucket method
iron x
tar x
claybar
Then white wax

I know bmw paint is on the hard side so might be tricky to remove the swirl marks and may need mutltiple passes or gradually go to next pad (i got the whole color pad set and plan on doing least abrasive first)

If only the hood has the swirl marks then only use correcting polish on the hood.

As others have said Meguiars and 3M both have an excellent line of cutting polishing liquids - start off least aggressive if u don’t have experience - good idea to hone your skills on a rental car or the like.

Glazes and polishes with no correcting abrasives may be the way to go on all the other panels.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #60
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
I'm lazy and have better things to do than wax my car every 4 months so I use NuFinish. I last waxed my car over 1 year ago and the water still beads perfectly and the car gets driving in winter. It was rated by consumer reports to be one of the longest lasting waxes. It shines good enough for me, not sure if others produce "more shine" but I'm very happy with it. They really need to call it a wax because it is not a polish.
I’m considering trying NuFinish, since I was a kid I’ve thought about but never used.
Think my days of 6 or 8 hours on a Sunday detailing are coming to an end.
A quick wash and wax in 90 minutes from now on.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #61
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I heard of this so you rather be lazy then take of your ride lol sleep is great but lazy is not lol
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #62
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:

2 bucket method
iron x
tar x
claybar
Then white wax

If only the hood has the swirl marks then only use correcting polish on the hood.

As others have said Meguiars and 3M both have an excellent line of cutting polishing liquids - start off least aggressive if u don’t have experience - good idea to hone your skills on a rental car or the like.

Glazes and polishes with no correcting abrasives may be the way to go on all the other panels.
Yes looking for least abrasive to test on. I'll practice on my other car and see how it turns out . Do you specifically which pad to use and what specific polish that seems least abrasive and safe and I'll build front there I'm using a da porter cable something xlt one most uses and gotta get a backing pad
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #63
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes looking for least abrasive to test on. I'll practice on my other car and see how it turns out . Do you specifically which pad to use and what specific polish that seems least abrasive and safe and I'll build front there I'm using a da porter cable something xlt one most uses and gotta get a backing pad
https://www.lenosgarage.com/collecti...-polishing-pad

https://www.meguiars.com/professiona...2-32-oz-liquid

It’s hard to recommend w/o putting it under a light. And you can go very easy with the 105, no downward pressure and virtually no contact on sharp creases.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #64
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Another vote for "Just ceramic coat it"

Lasts for years, and even when the car gets filthy (driving through rain, puddles, slush, etc) it comes off super easily.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #65
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Yikes you are taking your life in your hands on a BMW.. I would get E-Castrated on even a Subaru forum. But I too use it. Its damn easy to put on. And since both my cars are white..shine is not a big deal. But it does last.

I bought a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Goes on great over top of NuFinish. They may not be compatable. Who knows. We'll see how it works out.

Anyone use this stuff?

Last edited by adc100; 08-12-2019 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #66
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0