BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

07-23-2022, 12:35 PM   #23
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Yes, it is true. Color selection has to be approved. Individual paint more than likely will not be initially offered and will arrive at a later date. I have been using the individualizer and selecting the G80/G82 to give me ideas of colors that I would select. There is absolutely no guarantee that this Color palette will be offered on the G87. https://www.bmw-m.com/en/fastlane/bmw-individual.html
Thanks for the link! Riviera Blue and Voodoo blue look really nice man.
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6687.00
      07-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #24
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
F90 M5 Riviera Blue walk-around:

G82 M4 Voodoo Blue walk-around:
Appreciate 1
Ronin76869.00
      07-23-2022, 01:09 PM   #25
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:

UGH...both look amazing. I am really liking Riviera Blue but the guy in the Voodoo Blue made a good point with the Voodoo blue matching the laser lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #26
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

I'm hoping to spend 65-70
Hoping for Aventurine or Thundernight
upgraded stereo
LaserLights
Different caliper colors depending on ext color.
Ventilated seats
Wireless charging
Roof
HUD

Hoping for Carbon Cloth Buckets
I hate leather

Without the carbon buckets...I think I'll be there. If not, imma seriously look at the Caddy CT4 V Blackwing

Whatcha think?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 04:34 PM   #27
themk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

I think somewhere sub $80 should be able to get into it less them base M3 with an option or two.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #28
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome colors but I just hate that several other car manufacturers offer these same or very similar colors at no cost while BMW charges several thousand dollars
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #29
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome colors but I just hate that several other car manufacturers offer these same or very similar colors at no cost while BMW charges several thousand dollars
Well, Porsche use to offer Riviera Blue and Voodoo Blue but don't anymore. If you want either of these from them you would have to pay to get it as well. I think some of their "paint to sample" is like $11k. Not sure if Riviera Blue and Voodoo Blue would be considered paint to sample though.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #30
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
I'm hoping to spend 65-70
Hoping for Aventurine or Thundernight
upgraded stereo
LaserLights
Different caliper colors depending on ext color.
Ventilated seats
Wireless charging
Roof
HUD

Hoping for Carbon Cloth Buckets
I hate leather

Without the carbon buckets...I think I'll be there. If not, imma seriously look at the Caddy CT4 V Blackwing

Whatcha think?
I think we really need to see this car and see what the price is going to be LOL...this wait is brutal.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #31
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
My F87C was $62K. My previous F80 when new was $77K. I still have the mindset that a M2 should cost somewhere in the low to mid $60s. Hell, I still think M3/4s should cost somewhere in the 60s starting. But alas, that's just not in the cards. Cars are just more expensive. The G87 should have the same performance as the F80/82, I don't know if that justifies the price increase but I suppose that would have to be since we don't really have a choice in the matter if we are looking to purchase the car.
TLDR - I would like to keep it in the 60s. I can budget more if I am compelled.
      07-25-2022, 11:04 PM   #32
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

If I can't get a comp (almost loaded), for 70k BMW has lost the run of itself.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 08:48 AM   #33
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFK007 View Post
If I can't get a comp (almost loaded), for 70k BMW has lost the run of itself.
That won't do pig…that won't do.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:09 AM   #34
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Looking to not spend more than ~$75K before tax. Anything over that might be a bit much for an M2 (in my opinion)
      07-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #35
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I'm willing to spend up to $80k for my next vehicle but I can guarantee I won't be willing to spend more than $70k on the M2. This will be my summer/special occasion car and I've really disliked the direction BMW has went over the last couple of years.

I sold my M340 for a nice chunk of change the other weekend and I'm getting a bit impatient so I very well may get something different entirely
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 08:19 PM   #36
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Looking to not spend more than ~$75K before tax. Anything over that might be a bit much for an M2 (in my opinion)
Project_F87 hypothetical question for you as I was pondering this myself since you feel anything over $75k is worth it which is a legit opinion. Would you be willing to pay $85k for a 2 year old CPO Cayman S or a new G87 for $75k?

I am a Porsche fan and love the Cayman (2 doors, 2 seats, mid engine) but by the time I am ready to buy Porsche is going electric for the Cayman so I would have to get CPO. I also like the M2 and believe the G87 is going to be an amazing car. The fact that I can get it new is obviously very appealing.

Which would you choose? I know this is a BMW forum so try being just an auto enthusiast and not a BMW auto enthusiast

Last edited by Ronin76; 07-29-2022 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 09:14 PM   #37
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Project_F87 hypothetical question for you as I was pondering this myself since you feel anything over $75 which is a legit opinion. Would you be willing to pay $85k for a 2 year old CPO Cayman S or a new G87 for $75k?

I am a Porsche fan and love the Cayman (2 doors, 2 seats, mid engine) but by the time I am ready to buy Porsche is going electric for the Cayman so I would have to get CPO. I also like the M2 and believe the G87 is going to be an amazing car. The fact that I can get it new is obviously very appealing.

Which would you choose? I know this is a BMW forum so try being just an auto enthusiast and not a BMW auto enthusiast
You know, I love that you are somehow telepathically tapping into my internal struggles, because I too would absolutely love to own a cayman. That specific case is a very hard one honestly because that price difference isn't too big at all. I would need to think long and hard about it, but if the Cayman is the right spec, I would more than likely go in that direction.

Funny you ask this right now because I am in the middle of a GT4 search at the moment. I have had no luck thus far, but if I can find a dealership willing to sell at the MSRP price, I'm doing it asap. It's not going to happen though, but a man can dream

Last edited by Project_F87; 07-27-2022 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ronin76869.00
      07-26-2022, 09:21 PM   #38
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You know, I love that you are somehow telepathically tapping into my internal struggles somehow, because I too would absolutely love to own a cayman. That specific case is a very hard one honestly because that price difference isn't too big at all. I would need to think long and hard about it, but if the Cayman is the right spec, I would more than likely go in that direction.

Funny you ask this right now because I am in the middle of a GT4 search at the moment. I have had no luck thus far, but if I can find a dealership willing to sell at the MSRP price, I'm doing it asap. It's not going to happen though, but a man can dream
This is what I love about these auto forums...great people talking about the things they love...cars LOL. GT4 is a great car...a bit rich for my blood though. I really like the GTS 4.0...that is about as high as I could stretch my budget. I would even be happy with the turbo 4 GTS with 365HP. A little more money that the S but you get all the performance options and a little more power.

I like the styling of the Cayman and Porsche in general...the wide hips and the fit and finish is top notch, but again, I would be perfectly happy with the G87. Especially if I can get every option I want at a price I feel comfortable with? Plus the new car warranty to boot. That would be hard to pass up. First world problems but I do not think there is a wrong answer to this.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 09:24 PM   #39
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You know, I love that you are somehow telepathically tapping into my internal struggles somehow, because I too would absolutely love to own a cayman. That specific case is a very hard one honestly because that price difference isn't too big at all. I would need to think long and hard about it, but if the Cayman is the right spec, I would more than likely go in that direction.

This is what I love about these auto forums...great people talking about the things they love...cars LOL. GT4 is a great car...a bit rich for my blood though. I really like the GTS 4.0...that is about as high as I could stretch my budget. I would even be happy with the turbo 4 GTS with 365HP. A little more money that the S but you get all the performance options and a little more power.

I like the styling of the Cayman and Porsche in general...the wide hips and the fit and finish is top notch, but again, I would be perfectly happy with the G87. Especially if I can get every option I want at a price I feel comfortable with? Plus the new car warranty to boot. That would be hard to pass up. First world problems but I do not think there is a wrong answer to this.
Couldn't agree more buddy. Truly some great options, and absolutely correct when you say no wrong choices. Wish I could say both, perhaps someday? Lol
      07-26-2022, 09:41 PM   #40
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Couldn't agree more buddy. Truly some great options, and absolutely correct when you say no wrong choices. Wish I could say both, perhaps someday? Lol
Another question…would you pay $100k plus for an M2 CS? I don't think I could but people out there think that it has the potential to increase in value.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #41
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Another question…would you pay $100k plus for an M2 CS? I don't think I could but people out there think that it has the potential to increase in value.
I personally would never honestly. That's deep into Porsche territory, and in my mind, I will always go Porsche if I can swing up that far
      07-27-2022, 06:52 PM   #42
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it is true. Color selection has to be approved. Individual paint more than likely will not be initially offered and will arrive at a later date. I have been using the individualizer and selecting the G80/G82 to give me ideas of colors that I would select. There is absolutely no guarantee that this color palette will be offered on the G87. https://www.bmw-m.com/en/fastlane/bmw-individual.html
Wanted to follow up on this. So if they have the color available and you are willing to pay, they won't decline the option right? They would only decline if they do not offer the color? Am I correct with this assumption?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 10:59 AM   #43
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
I'll set the budget when I see the car and options. I suspect it wont be like the current M2 which had few necessities, and no fancy options, keeping it a true driver's car. I suspect the G87 will milk every penny out of folks for options previously unavailable on an M2
Appreciate 1
Ronin76869.00
      07-29-2022, 11:18 AM   #44
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
I'll set the budget when I see the car and options. I suspect it wont be like the current M2 which had few necessities, and no fancy options, keeping it a true driver's car. I suspect the G87 will milk every penny out of folks for options previously unavailable on an M2
I honestly can't think of what options they could milk. Adaptive suspension is standard, 19"F/20"R wheels are standard and it'll basically get everything that's standard on the M240i, and more. The only options I know of that can substantially increase the price are the CF roof and bucket seats. Aside from those two, I think this car for the most part will be well equipped.
Appreciate 0