BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Which dealership was it that offers the discounted extended warranty?

Closed Thread

11-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
MrsX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 2015

Which dealership was it that offers the discounted extended warranty?

I wasn't keeping track & my original factory warranty expired in July. I'm looking at extended warranties. I saw a post last night with a name of a dealership to call that perhaps can extend some savings off the MRSP. Now I can't locate the post. Can anyone recommend a dealership? Thank you

I have a 2015 X5 with 55,000 miles.
My local dealership has quoted the following:

Name:  IMG_6797.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  1.04 MB
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
if you are a US resident, We blow those out for forum members. Just know that BMW has recently increased the price of these across the board by a lot! We sell them almost at cost. Just contact Jim Martinez at the store and let him know your vin number, current miles, and most important your a forum member. he is there 10-4pm m-f 805-482-8878
Attached Images

11-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Now that I answered your direct question, I feel compelled to note the following:

As someone who spent nearly 20 years as the director of sales and finance operations for a large dealer group, I can wholeheartedly recommend that you do not purchase an extended warranty.

You have to look at cost of goods sold. There are costs for overhead; secretaries, people to process the claims, rent a building, etc. The company needs to make a profit, so I need to add that on there, also need someone to sell the warranty. As much as 50-80% of the price of the warranty—depending on the warranty company—goes to commissions back to the dealer. So the warranty company or franchise has to pay a commission, and that’s in the cost. If you add all of that up, now you have the price of the warranty. It’s what charged you for it.

Really, all you’re getting coverage for is the actual statistical probability of the breakdown, but you’re paying for overhead profit and marketing in addition to that. Were you to save the money and you have an average BMW that breaks down an average number of times, you’re going to come out way ahead financially. If it breaks down more than average, then you won’t. But if it breaks down more than on average, then the warranty company goes broke. In other words, they know they’re not going to have to pay out all the money they take in on warranties.

Never buy extended warranties. There will be several posts after mine with folks telling you how they saved thousands in repair costs by getting the extended warranty. Some will be telling the truth, some will be full of crap. But the bottom line is that if the warranty company didn't come out ahead way more than you do, then they would be broke. It's a bad investment.

Also, If you buy a warranty from a company, and they go bankrupt, you don’t have a warranty anymore. BMW isn't likely underwriting the factory extended warranties, most likely they are underwritten by Fidelity or someone similar.
P111541.50
      11-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
See below:
Thank you for the shout out, I really appreciate it.

Jim is on leave, so any forum members who are interested in getting a quote on a extended warranty contact Checa 805-482-8878 let her know vin, current miles, and that your a forum member. Again we blow them out for you all

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      11-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
Robotechnology
RDF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80/JCW Clubman/Z4MC/STI

If the coverage seems reasonably priced in regards to what your current vehicle’s value is and what is actually covered... go for it. I too have years at the dealer management level (and a year in corporate operations management). I have purchased 2 extended service contracts in recent years. I tend to look at the solid 3rd party companies out there because I tend to keep my vehicles for a LONG time (and drive low miles) so I only look at 5/6 year plans. Perform your own due diligence and decide if one is for you. Because product penetration is usually a large component of an F&I manager’s pay plan, you can usually get more negotiation going on when you are purchasing a plan for a vehicle that you already own because it helps their numbers (by not being tied to a new or used car transaction).
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread