BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum ConnectedDrive overreach issue 2

08-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
rickyr17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M850i Vert (G14)

Garage List
ConnectedDrive overreach issue 2

When I took delivery I was excited about the new features. I connected my phone to the hotspot but I didn't sign up for the free trial with AT&T. I realized I would never use it. I have unlimited data on my phone and I don't have kids with tablets, etc.
Last weekend I noticed that my phone was connected to the hotspot and had no internet access. I forgot the network on my phone but it came right back. I opened advanced settings on my phone to remove it from Saved networks but it came right back. The Saved network showed that it came from Connected. I had to force stop the Connected app then remove it from my networks to prevent it from connecting.
Apparently, the phone will enable the connection no matter what. I've unchecked the WiFi setting on my car but it doesn't matter. Connected continues to add the network. Before I left my car today I changed the pwd for the hotspot but I doubt that will help. It'll probably repeatedly try to connect to the hotspot.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
rickyr17
Private
Rep

Garage List
Fixed

This turned out to be an easy fix. Where I unchecked the setting for Internet I had to also uncheck the WiFi setting. I'm not sure why there would be WiFi without internet but whatever. No more forced connections.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
CeEl
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyr17 View Post
This turned out to be an easy fix. Where I unchecked the setting for Internet I had to also uncheck the WiFi setting. I'm not sure why there would be WiFi without internet but whatever. No more forced connections.
AppleCar Play requires WiFi (I don’t know if it requires that particular WiFi setting to be enabled or not to work).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #4
rickyr17
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
AppleCar Play requires WiFi (I don’t know if it requires that particular WiFi setting to be enabled or not to work).
Ah. That could be why it's like that. I use Android so I wouldn't know.
Appreciate 0