BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Best Wrap Brand/Front area to wrap?

02-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #1
Tedbay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 Acura NSX, '20 BMW Z4M40i

Best Wrap Brand/Front area to wrap?

My frozen grey M40i I scratched the right front bumper coming out of my garage too fast. Minor and I am meticulous with my cars but finally scratched one. found a great specialty paint company and having whole front bumper painted and he said it willl match better than original paint to other car parts.

Wanted to get advice on best wrap brand for frozen paint and how much of front would you recommend having done? I have a full wrap on my 2017 Valencia Red NSX that is perfect but not sure what current wraps are best, in particular for a matte finish. should have wrapped the darn thing when i got it!

thanks for any advice - Ted
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #2
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
I have seen Xpel Stealth on Frozen Grey and thought it looks great.

You may get more responses if you post this question on the Cosmetic Care & Detailing forum.

https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=954
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #3
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedbay View Post
My frozen grey M40i I scratched the right front bumper coming out of my garage too fast. Minor and I am meticulous with my cars but finally scratched one. found a great specialty paint company and having whole front bumper painted and he said it willl match better than original paint to other car parts.

Wanted to get advice on best wrap brand for frozen paint and how much of front would you recommend having done? I have a full wrap on my 2017 Valencia Red NSX that is perfect but not sure what current wraps are best, in particular for a matte finish. should have wrapped the darn thing when i got it!

thanks for any advice - Ted
Be sure to ask how long the paint needs to cure before applying the wrap.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 06:05 AM   #4
stlcdr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i

I have full Xpel stealth over gloss white. There are a few butt joints on the lower front bumper but not really noticeable.

I don’t know how the ‘stealth’ compares to the frozen paint, and whether you’d see a difference in color/sheen if you only did the front. I think you’d be able to get all front full panels covered with no edge in a panel, though.