BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Is Volkswagen good?

04-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

The VW rabbit is an excellent car, you can ask anybody from Europe. I am so glad that VW is finally coming with attractive cars to the US. They are selling quite well, they have a lot of great features including a great price. VW has very good cars, but NEVER EVER try to make them go faster unless you know what you are doing. VW is a car to just use for many years. Go for it, is it really a good deal.
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #24
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musoo View Post
actually the subaru has run since 2001. besides the annoying engine lights kept on for no reason, it ran very well. a couple of days ago, the maintance man told her that the brake was worn out and need a new one to replace it. the cost is like 900 something, so she is planning to sell it after repairing and get a new one.
Gee $900 for brakes, her maintance man is taking her for a ride....

I did all 4 brakes and rotors myself for little over $200 and I had bough ceramic pads and heavy duty rotors, you can easily do brakes for under $200 on a Subaru.

I have that pesky check engine light comig on too, but again my Subaru is 12 yrs old. In my case it was the cam sensor going bad but the car still ran, $20 part and 10 minutes work, the next time was the Temp Sensor going bad, $24 part and 20 minutes work.
Appreciate 0