Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
I'm dying without comfort access.
I know the feeling. my car has been at the service center for over 3 weeks now. constant low oil reading.

So I have been driving an X1 as a loaner for a while now. Nice car, but a bit of a step down for what I'm paying for the car I'm supposed to be driving

Looking on the bright side (lots of practice with this, lol) at least I beat up this loaner over the pothole ridden streets of NY and keep my car salt free until the weather and streets get back to a tolerable state!
Yes, the only bright side for me is I can go fast over speed bumps, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #1476
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I hate it when people become senile and post the same problem twice. And I have to still live on the same continent with them. Why can't I ship them off to some third world country?
Not senile, just compassionate. Just wanted her to know she wasn't alone. Misery loves Canadians...er, I mean company.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #1477
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Not senile, just compassionate. Just wanted her to know she wasn't alone. Misery loves Canadians...er, I mean company.
smooth..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #1478
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I rode my motorcycle to the gas station in my beautiful tank top and sweat pants...,

first world problem...., they didn't even have a fucking attendant to pump my petrol....? Really? I had to do it myself?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #1479
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You pay for that petrol with your BaconAmericard?
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #1480
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You pay for that petrol with your BaconAmericard?
The rewards program is so meaty and full of benefits, I would have been a Canadian to pass it up!

..., oh shit..., what did I just start. Probably nothing. Canads are too nice.

JK Canadia. JK.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #1481
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
You don't make your driver carry the insurance cards????
That's not my driver nor my chauffeur....that's the firm's driver and vehicle. It's self insured so I'm not even sure what they have.

I will say this, though, one of my officemates who used the car last had the back seat pushed up so far and the seatback nearly upright. It's common courtesy that when you are done riding in the car, you move the seat back into a position that would be suitable for most (must have been someone 4'11") Last thing I want to do is start a video conference and have people see me fiddling with power seat controls....
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #1482
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
That's not my driver nor my chauffeur....that's the firm's driver and vehicle. It's self insured so I'm not even sure what they have.

I will say this, though, one of my officemates who used the car last had the back seat pushed up so far and the seatback nearly upright. It's common courtesy that when you are done riding in the car, you move the seat back into a position that would be suitable for most (must have been someone 4'11") Last thing I want to do is start a video conference and have people see me fiddling with power seat controls....
You have to share the car? What kind of 2-bit, second rate outfit do you work for?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #1483
1edyson
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

I got my ST coils installed and the drop looks amazing...but its way too low for my daily driver so I have to go back and have them adjusted up #FirstWorldProblems
      03-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #1484
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1edyson View Post
I got my ST coils installed and the drop looks amazing...but its way too low for my daily driver so I have to go back and have them adjusted up #FirstWorldProblems
#FirstWorldParkingProblems

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #1485
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You have to share the car? What kind of 2-bit, second rate outfit do you work for?
Times have changed. I have to go to the big D at the end of the month. Wouldn't you know one of the owners is taking the jet to Burlington, VT that day? Why not take the other driver and car? Now I get to go on a commercial jet with all the other riff raff in first class
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 11:53 PM   #1486
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Now I get to go on a commercial jet with all the other riff raff in first class
What sort of maniacal job do you work???
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #1487
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
What sort of maniacal job do you work???
I'm a personal shopper. It sounds like a cake job, but people are very demanding. When you get the band size wrong on someone's brand new Seamaster Aqua Terra, they totally flip out like it's a problem that can't be solved (some cannot even wait until the next business day). The job security is limitless, however, thanks to the 2014 bonuses having been distributed....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #1488
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

My work is sending me to Chicago tomorrow for a few days. Instead of getting me a car, I have to be picked up by someone, then use a cab...., that I will end up expensing and it will be more than if they just got me a car.

They always got me a car before. I asked and he said "Well, you'll be right next to the plant so you don't need one since we got you a ride from the airport".

WTF?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #1489
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
My work is sending me to Chicago tomorrow for a few days. Instead of getting me a car, I have to be picked up by someone, then use a cab...., that I will end up expensing and it will be more than if they just got me a car.

They always got me a car before. I asked and he said "Well, you'll be right next to the plant so you don't need one since we got you a ride from the airport".

WTF?
Plus you're missing out on the good weather. Sunny and mid-60's in Chicago today. Tomorrow it drops to the 40's for a few days.

Where in Chicago is your plant?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #1490
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

WTF?
Times have changed....I remember the silliness pre 2009. 4 people, 4 rental cars, 4 hotel rooms. Per diem was $150, and you had 4 people turning in expense reports of $600/day listing the other 3 as meals and entertainment (it didn't add up). Now they put four of us in one room with two full or queen beds, guys and gals....cost cutting
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #1491
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

My idiot neighbor has been leaf blowing his tiny yard for 2 hours now. The leaves are soaked and he's trying to get a big pile of them to move. He'd have been done an hour ago if he used a rake. Of course the asshat doesn't care that the damn thing is noisy as hell and is ruining the first evening we've had this year to open the windows.

This is the same idiot whose yard is surrounded by an ugly chain link fence to keep his yappy dogs from running away. WTF is wrong with people like this?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #1492
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
My idiot neighbor has been leaf blowing his tiny yard for 2 hours now. The leaves are soaked and he's trying to get a big pile of them to move. He'd have been done an hour ago if he used a rake. Of course the asshat doesn't care that the damn thing is noisy as hell and is ruining the first evening we've had this year to open the windows.

This is the same idiot whose yard is surrounded by an ugly chain link fence to keep his yappy dogs from running away. WTF is wrong with people like this?
Sounds like you need to upgrade neighborhood/neighbors.

My first world problem is that I have 2 HOAs to pay for my house, but they wouldn't allow a chain link fence.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #1493
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Sounds like you need to upgrade neighborhood/neighbors.

My first world problem is that I have 2 HOAs to pay for my house, but they wouldn't allow a chain link fence.
True. Someplace where everyone uses a lawn service. The crew I use clears my yard in less than 30 minutes, and I have twice as much area to clear as Mr. Leafblower.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #1494
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Family Guy ruined Mila Kunis for me. Every time I hear her speak, no matter the role, I always think of Meg Griffin and that ugly beanie hat. Damn you, Macfarlane. Damn you.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #1495
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Plus you're missing out on the good weather. Sunny and mid-60's in Chicago today. Tomorrow it drops to the 40's for a few days.

Where in Chicago is your plant?
Haha, yeah I have a few people rubbing it in my face that it's in the high 70's today. I'm actually here to meet up with Mitsubishi materials in Schaumburg, so they can take me out to dinner and crap and try to sell me stuff...., key word is try.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #1496
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

Quote:
Haha, yeah I have a few people rubbing it in my face that it's in the high 70's today. I'm actually here to meet up with Mitsubishi materials in Schaumburg, so they can take me out to dinner and crap and try to sell me stuff...., key word is try.
just saw this post now. thats like 15 minutes from me. hopefully you had some time to hit the streets of woodfield and creep on all the underage girls drinking starbucks haha.
Appreciate 0