BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Tired of my desktop lagging

05-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #23
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
If you are playing saved media files, then most likely hard drive is starting to fail. Although those specs are pretty shitty. I run an i7,8gb ram, SSD and have no problems. Those are my specs in a laptop, so for a desktop to have those specs, you can upgrade for cheap and make a powerhouse. Buy a SSD it will change your life
Not saved. Doesn't matter what I play. It also lags without playing anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #24
Mikecom32
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 ZCP 6MT, '05 330xi 6MT,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Same here, locked out of installing most web browsers on my work computer.

My suggestion was going to be to get a mac... the specs still run pretty fast on the iOS system (my 2011 Air has much worse and still runs ok - Those are similar specs to my newer MBP)

Sucks that this is with a work computer. Fighting IT to get replacements or upgrades is way harder than it should be... as they should be computer people and realize how much more productive you can be with a good machine.

Thankfully my company recognizes this and just upgraded (most of) the company to new Lenovo Carbon X1 and Dual/Triple 24" Monitors. i7-6600 and 16GB of ram. Much more similar weight/speed compared to apple that I contemplated actually buying a Carbon for my personal computer instead of the new MBP I got.

Having said all that... I have no suggestions for you aside from bribing your IT/Facilities for a newer machine.
To be fair, any decent company should be funding their IT department enough to put their employees on at least three year replacement plans for hardware.

Some companies still have the archaic view that IT is just a cost center, while others have realized that modern, agile IT can enable their employees to be more productive and help the business achieve goals.

Oh, and not to get technical, but iOS is their mobile OS. The Macs run OSX.
Appreciate 1
Hawkeye2069.50
      06-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #25
smith.62
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 UK

As people have mentioned. Ccleaner is amazing. Also check windows updates are fully up to date and uninstall any programs you don’t use.
Appreciate 0