BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Miracles do happen, got a production slot!

01-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #23
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by estiffler3 View Post
Have you started looking at what ship is going to carry you across the Atlantic? We're probably going to be on the same one.

My status moved to "Dispatched from Factory" today which I assume means it was on a train bound for Bremerhaven. I saw a train pull in on the Bremerhaven webcam but obviously couldn't determine if my car was on it. I'm figuring I'll be on one of three ships - Freedom ETA 2/14; Tulane ETA 2/22; or Boheme ETA 2/26. All ETAs are to Charleston.

We'll see soon. The Boheme is already in port but looks like it's on a siding. The other ships are scheduled to arrive in the next few hours. I'll be calling the Genius line tomorrow and see if my car's been assigned one of these ships.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 05:24 PM   #24
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
Have you started looking at what ship is going to carry you across the Atlantic? We're probably going to be on the same one.

My status moved to "Dispatched from Factory" today which I assume means it was on a train bound for Bremerhaven. I saw a train pull in on the Bremerhaven webcam but obviously couldn't determine if my car was on it. I'm figuring I'll be on one of three ships - Freedom ETA 2/14; Tulane ETA 2/22; or Boheme ETA 2/26. All ETAs are to Charleston.

We'll see soon. The Boheme is already in port but looks like it's on a siding. The other ships are scheduled to arrive in the next few hours. I'll be calling the Genius line tomorrow and see if my car's been assigned one of these ships.
Wow, speaking of anxious and anal. I know someone that needs to kick back and smoke a beer.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 08:53 PM   #25
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:

I followed in similar ways. My vehicle was loaded before BMW system had vessel name.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #26
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Quote:

Wow, speaking of anxious and anal. I know someone that needs to kick back and smoke a beer.
Mine came on Boheme
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 05:53 AM   #27
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Anticipation... is keepin' me waitin'...
- Carly Simon
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 05:56 AM   #28
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
I followed in similar ways. My vehicle was loaded before BMW system had vessel name.

Thanks for posting. I was just about to search for this as I remember reading your original post a while back.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:00 AM   #29
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard71 View Post
Mine came on Boheme
Boheme would be great as I want to delay the delivery as long as possible. The Freedom doesn't sail to New York so that wouldn't have been an option for your car. Boheme and Tulane both do the full east coast tour of ports - NY, Baltimore, Brunswick and Charleston. Adds about a week to the voyage.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 07:32 AM   #30
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for posting. I was just about to search for this as I remember reading your original post a while back.
My pleasure to share! Also found & enjoyed some vessel interior videos. Managed to have almost as much fun during my extended wait as with the vehicle. Bon Voyage!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #31
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
... Managed to have almost as much fun during my extended wait as with the vehicle...
For the auto-obsessed it really is fun. I watched vehicle assembly videos during the week my car was being built. I felt like I was watching my car get dunked in the anti-corrosion bath and entering the paint booth, etc. Now I "see" it being driven up the many decks of the car carrier ship and getting strapped down for the voyage across the Atlantic. Great therapy for Covid syndrome!
Appreciate 1
Mixitt372.00
      01-27-2021, 03:48 PM   #32
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
For the auto-obsessed it really is fun. I watched vehicle assembly videos during the week my car was being built. I felt like I was watching my car get dunked in the anti-corrosion bath and entering the paint booth, etc. Now I "see" it being driven up the many decks of the car carrier ship and getting strapped down for the voyage across the Atlantic. Great therapy for Covid syndrome!
Read more than watched but also similar. Placed my order early Feb. Timing couldn't have been better. Absolutely!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:00 AM   #33
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
None of you are truly obsessed with tracking your vehicles until you contact the offices at the Panama Canal to find out the exact time the cargo ship with you car on it is passing through so you can watch it on their live web cams.

I may or may not have done this with my F10 M5. 😁

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL6287.50
      01-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #34
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
This might be your ship
Attached Images

01-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #35
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
https://apps.apple.com/es/app/ship-f...te/id324177409
      01-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #36
estiffler3
Rep
Drives: BMW

Delivery

My status updated to In transit so it’s on boat and due into Savannah around 2/12
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #37
estiffler3
Rep

Delivery

I would say 4 months..may be slightly shorter if your dealer has a production slot in hand..getting the slot is the issue even if you want to buy..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:03 PM   #38
Zupo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z (G29)

Congrats! to pass the time....

Look for which coco mats you might like to install.....
https://www.cocomats.com/coco/

for my Black Z4 - i got black with off white polka dots.
Bom.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 06:02 AM   #39
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by estiffler3 View Post
My status updated to In transit so it’s on boat and due into Savannah around 2/12
Congrats!

Mine has been on the #1 dot for a week - "Your order has been received, and we're making space in the production schedule."

How long was yours stuck there?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #40
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats!

Mine has been on the #1 dot for a week - "Your order has been received, and we're making space in the production schedule."

The "#1 dot" = BMW AG status 111 or "Order Accepted at AG" in the BMW NA system that's not dumbed down or "stuck". The Genius hotline and your store know your currently planned production week. You may have to figure out which days are in that week if the person you speak to can't or won't do it for you. There's really little to no mystery or uncertainty from this point forward.

I'm sorry but I found your recent comment to someone else in this thread extremely rude and haven't enjoyed seeing your many negative posts.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50
      01-29-2021, 11:56 AM   #41
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats!

The "#1 dot" = BMW AG status 111 or "Order Accepted at AG" in the BMW NA system that's not dumbed down or "stuck". The Genius hotline and your store know your currently planned production week. You may have to figure out which days are in that week if the person you speak to can't or won't do it for you. There's really little to no mystery or uncertainty from this point forward.

I'm sorry but I found your recent comment to someone else in this thread extremely rude and haven't enjoyed seeing your many negative posts.
Are you the group police? Some of your "LMAO" comments are rude. Don't call the kettle black
Appreciate 1
Mixitt372.00
      01-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #42
estiffler3
Rep

Stuck on Dot 1

It took about 2 weeks to get a slot and confirmation production would proceed. That is dependent on your dealer and how much pull they have with BMW to get a slot.
Appreciate 1
Mixitt372.00
      01-29-2021, 12:56 PM   #43
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard71 View Post
Are you the group police? Some of your "LMAO" comments are rude. Don't call the kettle black

The icon located in the bottom left corner of every post is available to report posts you think violate forum rules.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #44
Mixitt
Captain
Rep

Quote:

"Extremely rude?" What is this, an expression of the new Cancel Culture, forum style LOL. So I don't continue to ruin your days feel free to send me a PM with the horrible offensive line in quotes and I'll have a look at it.

Thank you
Appreciate 0