BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Cross shopped the Corvette C8 - I went with Z4

10-13-2023, 08:54 AM   #67
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Since it’s getting close to Halloween I’m bringing this back from the dead.

So when I was purchasing my CPO Z4 M40i, the sales manager for the BMW dealership said she has owned Z4’s all generations and now has a C8.
She explained how she says the Z4 rides/drives better then her C8….especially at higher speeds or in any inclement weather.

I did question that as I have not heard much negative spoken about the C8 handling, only usually glowing reviews.

I haven’t driven a C8 and did not consider a pre-owned as the prices are still (especially used) more then I was willing to spend and vastly preferred the vert vs manually removable panel.

For those who have spent time with both cars is the ride/handling/feel better in a Z4?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 11:47 AM   #68
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

My older son had a C8. He sold it and another car to buy a Z06, but that didn't work out and he ended up with a Mustang GT500. Anyway, we swapped cars on occasion when I had my 997 C2S. Now, I'm 80 and I don't track my cars or drive like I do. My impressions are based on what is comfortable and gives me confidence.

The biggest thing I notice about the handling is the C8 feels like it turns into corners more willingly. I'm sure that's due to the engine location. The Z4 isn't bad, but you do notice it. I was comfortable and confident with both after 15 - 20 minutes. Just takes a little getting used to.

I think the C8 has more variations in ride quality between different settings than the Z4. In the Z4, the ride quality doesn't change that much regardless of mode. Of course, that will vary depending on the options you have on both cars.

I like the Z4 seats and interior room a lot more. That certainly contributes to ride quality. I believe the C8 has different seat options. My son's C8 had standard seats.

This is not related to ride or handling, but the visibility in the C8 is very restricted. The convertible is better, but not even close to the Z4.
Appreciate 3
ebirotedu1460.00
stlcdr1014.50
      10-13-2023, 11:52 AM   #69
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

I wish I could provide more in-depth analysis and verbalize it better. But, I usually just like something or don't like something and I can't always say why. Of all the car brands I've owned, I always feel at home in a BMW, like I've been driving them all my life, when it's only been about 5 years. I can't tell you why. Hell, I was a big Chevy/Pontiac guy for most of my life.

Last edited by Balr14; 10-13-2023 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0