BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Acura TLX prototype

01-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #23
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Not from my experience...it wasnt anything major but stuff like windshield fluid doesnt work, auto mirrors, squeaky trunks...list goes on. Their tranny are notorious as well

Honda did made solid cars in the early 90s
From my personal experience, they have been superiorly reliable. My family has owned 6 Acuras over the past 10 years and not a single problem.
We had a 2002 MDX that we drove 130K miles, and similar story there.

On the other hand, the people in my family who have owned BMWs and Mercedes have all had problems in their cars, 2003 ML, 2005 C280, 2010 535i etc...

All I'm trying to say is, for reliability nothing can beat Japanese cars and also I believe that Acura is a really underrated manufacturer. Maybe it's me, but when you compare BMW or german manufacturer to Acura also keep in mind the cost different between them.