BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos B200 wheel scraping on fast cornering

09-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

B200 wheel scraping on fast cornering

Firstly wanna say the B200 drives wheel and handles superbly for what it is, although embarrassingly slow in terms of speed it isn't a bad car.

The saying its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow holds true for this, the car has good feedback and surprises everyone who has been in the car in terms of handling, it has the sports package but that does not include any type of sports suspension, although it does have AMG rims, so someone at AMG thought the car must of been worthy which I believe it is although for one problem I have been experiencing.

The car has 17,000KMs and when turning in hard on a right hand corner the front left scrapes even on exiting, I assume this is the tyres rubbing against the guard, was wondering if this is something the dealership should cover or if its a case of well its not designed to be driven like that.

If it should be fixed I would want it fixed but I don't wanna push the issue cause its not a sports car.
      09-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

You might get better advice if you go to the MB forum (if it exists)!

Maybe you are flexing the high-profile tires too much?

That will never happen with your 135 even if you upsize the tires properly. You will love your one.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

I imagine B200 drivers dont drive their car hard and I am more so asking as a general car question so I figure this forum is appropriate enough. Cant see the point signing up to a forum for 1 question anyhow.

The tyres are actually low profile, I would assume the ones they have fitted from factory are too grippy for the car and thats why this is being allowed to happen, but it only happens when cornering right.

I tried to show my friend but its not possible to do during the day cause of all the traffic so I will probably just leave it.