BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Amy Guyger: GUILTY!

10-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #45
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Wrong.
She broke statutory regulations and didn't retreat as required and rather than rendering aid, called her paramour to get his advice. This was murder and her callous disregard for human life is what got her.
You can bark wrong but just because a DA charges and a jury convicts doesnít necessarily make it right. Both of us can rattle off case after case after case where guilty were acquitted and innocent put in prison.
This is a real tricky case obviously. Texas has the stand your ground castle doctrine and by state law one is not required to retreat whatsoever, if in their own home. Obviously not her home but she thought it was according to her defense and I believe that was the way it played out. What she did after certainly wasnít the way she should have handled it and people often react incorrectly in a state of panic in life and death situations, happens all the time.
I do believe it was a disregard of human life but I also believe there was no ill will or intent but an inept woman who panicked and shouldnít have been PO or own a firearm. Unbelievably stupid yes, murderer no. But like a jury I guess were hung.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #46
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
You can bark wrong but just because a DA charges and a jury convicts doesn’t necessarily make it right. Both of us can rattle off case after case after case where guilty were acquitted and innocent put in prison.
This is a real tricky case obviously. Texas has the stand your ground castle doctrine and by state law one is not required to retreat whatsoever, if in their own home. Obviously not her home but she thought it was according to her defense and I believe that was the way it played out. What she did after certainly wasn’t the way she should have handled it and people often react incorrectly in a state of panic in life and death situations, happens all the time.
I do believe it was a disregard of human life but I also believe there was no ill will or intent but an inept woman who panicked and shouldn’t have been PO or own a firearm. Unbelievably stupid yes, murderer no. But like a jury I guess were hung.
Read the texts she sent to her paramour prior to this event. She is a racists piece of crap. She didn't render aid and made no effort to correct her error. She is human garbage.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE4415.50
obe100182.50

10-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #47
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

Let's see.... Imagine if you will just for a moment... What would have happened had a Black Police Officer shot and killed an innocent White Woman in her own home?

Try not to hurt yourself thinking too long.
We probably wouldn't have been having this discussion because no one outside of the local area would know about it. Cops shooting white people isn't exactly worthy of the national news these days.

I do agree that, had the roles been reversed, he would have likely received a harsher sentence.

Your obvious insinuation is that it is due to racial bias in the justice system. But the argument could be made that it is due to gender bias, seeing as how women statistically get lesser sentences than men. You have no definitive way of knowing which bias is in play in this instance.

This "what if" outrage doesn't do anything but highlight the biases of the general public.
Appreciate 2
      10-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #48
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Read the texts she sent to her paramour prior to this event. She is a racists piece of crap. She didn't render aid and made no effort to correct her error. She is human garbage.
Didnít read the text but I have now. She is racist pig plain as day. As a juror though I donít think it would change my mind from manslaughter to murder. Talk doesnít necessarily equate to action and Iím not convinced she murdered him by a long shot. I think thereís plenty of reasonable doubt here. As gross as her talk is I couldnít convict on something just because I think she talks disgustingly.
Having the black judge crying and stepping down from the bench to hug her for a long time pretty much shows me there are others that can separate these issues also.
As for not rendering aid the victim was struck in the upper chest and the bullet went through his lung, smashed a rib, through his heart, through his stomach and intestines. He was deceased pretty damn quick and not survivable.
As I stated earlier often times in these life and decisions many people freeze and react totally different from the actions they should take. Absolutely tragic and I feel for the family and everything Iíve heard was the guy was aces but to be fair to our judicial system Iím sticking with manslaughter. Sheíll have years to contemplate her decision that day to pull the pull the trigger and the derogatory language she flippantly used up till that day.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15025.00

10-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #49
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Didnít read the text but I have now. She is racist pig plain as day. As a juror though I donít think it would change my mind from manslaughter to murder. Talk doesnít necessarily equate to action and Iím not convinced she murdered him by a long shot. I think thereís plenty of reasonable doubt here. As gross as her talk is I couldnít convict on something just because I think she talks disgustingly.
Having the black judge crying and stepping down from the bench to hug her for a long time pretty much shows me there are others that can separate these issues also.
As for not rendering aid the victim was struck in the upper chest and the bullet went through his lung, smashed a rib, through his heart, through his stomach and intestines. He was deceased pretty damn quick and not survivable.
As I stated earlier often times in these life and decisions many people freeze and react totally different from the actions they should take. Absolutely tragic and I feel for the family and everything Iíve heard was the guy was aces but to be fair to our judicial system Iím sticking with manslaughter. Sheíll have years to contemplate her decision that day to pull the pull the trigger and the derogatory language she flippantly used up till that day.
Well said. And thanks for seeking the information once suggested. There are many here that should do the same thing.

On the point of survivability vs rendering aid...she doesn't know at the time. Rendering aid is literally an act which may have mitigated the ugliness of her texts and the murder itself.

Cheers-mk

Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1566.00

10-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #50
tdott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
As I stated earlier often times in these life and decisions many people freeze and react totally different from the actions they should take.
A normal person yes, but a trained police officer that probably had training specific to these types of situations (dealing with a gunshot victim). It just shows how unfit she was to be in law enforcement.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE4415.50

10-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #51
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
A normal person yes, but a trained police officer that probably had training specific to these types of situations (dealing with a gunshot victim). It just shows how unfit she was to be in law enforcement.
Like I said this is the end result of quota hiring practices.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #52
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Side note to this trial. Joshua Brown was a key witness for the prosecution in this case, he was a neighbor or both the shooter and the victim. He was shot and killed a few nights ago and there was just an arrest made in his killing and two more suspects being sought at this time. Reports say it was a drug deal gone bad.
Appreciate 2
Delta03117341.50
MKSixer15025.00

10-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #53
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

who would think a guy who was avoiding being a witness because he was shot at before and his friend was murdered wouldn't want to be made a witness on a national case. probably because they advertised his home address and he was more vulnerable now more than ever but let the conspiracy theories fly that the local PD murdered him. it'll be worth a good amount of ad revenue from the clicks and talking points for candidates to be.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1566.00

10-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #54
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
who would think a guy who was avoiding being a witness because he was shot at before and his friend was murdered wouldn't want to be made a witness on a national case. probably because they advertised his home address and he was more vulnerable now more than ever but let the conspiracy theories fly that the local PD murdered him. it'll be worth a good amount of ad revenue from the clicks and talking points for candidates to be.
Not only was Joshua shot at previously but was hit in what I assume was another business deal gone bad. He held fast to omertŗ in that instance.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast3418.50

10-09-2019, 07:55 AM   #55
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/u...r-witness.html
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #56
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Behind the paywall...

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #57
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

So are we going to get a new thread for Aaron Dean or should we just continue this one?

Waiting for more to come out on this before I feel too strongly one way or another, but I imagine that people in the DFW metroplex are pretty pissed off right now.

He resigned as he was about to be fired.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #58
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
So are we going to get a new thread for Aaron Dean or should we just continue this one?

Waiting for more to come out on this before I feel too strongly one way or another, but I imagine that people in the DFW metroplex are pretty pissed off right now.

He resigned as he was about to be fired.
Waiting for facts. One report is that there was a gun in the room where she was shot. Was she holding it?
But.....its her house. Nothing seemingly will justify his action. Why the police didn't (seemingly) announce themselves as they were patrolling the house perimeter, or knock on the door, is beyond me.
      10-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #59
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Waiting for facts. One report is that there was a gun in the room where she was shot. Was she holding it?
But.....its her house. Nothing seemingly will justify his action. Why the police didn't (seemingly) announce themselves as they were patrolling the house perimeter, or knock on the door, is beyond me.
Well he was charged with murder and the police chief threw him under the bus. Considering that the area is still trying to heal after the Guyger verdict this is about as poorly timed as it could be.

The image of the gun was blurred out all around it. So who knows where in the house it was.

The police chief was very blunt about protocol not being followed.

Another shitty situation. Guess he bonded out this morning for $200K. I wonder if he is going to stick through the trial or commit suicide?

Neighbor should have called over to the house to see if everything was ok before calling police. I feel bad for the kid that was there. Playing video games with your aunt, hear something outside and look out the window and bang she is now dying in front of you.

One split decision and now his life is ruined, her life is over, a family is shattered, the neighbor will have to carry this, and people in certain Ft. Worth neighborhoods will be even more distrustful of the police.

I used to live in South Ft. Worth which is where I assume this happened based on the pictures of the neighborhood. I lived in a predominantly African American neighborhood and aside from the heat, humidity, and bugs I rather enjoyed it there.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15025.00

10-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #60
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Why was this lady playing with her young nephew at 2:30am? Very unusual for a kid for be playing with a parent/guardian at such an odd time.

But that doesnt change the fact she was shot in cold blood.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #61
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Why was this lady playing with her young nephew at 2:30am? Very unusual for a kid for be playing with a parent/guardian at such an odd time.

Depends on how into the game you are. It was Friday night right?

Reports were that they had been playing the video game but were finished. The neighbor called the police because the front door was open and the living room light on. From the images of the house it is obvious that they have a metal and glass screen door with a window that goes up in the middle. As it is finally cooling off at night in Texas they likely had the door open with the screen locked and windows open. Pretty much how we do it in New Mexico right now, leave the AC off and enjoy the fresh air, sounds of night time.

Anyhow, she got up when she heard something rustling in the yard. It was the officer who shined his light at her and yelled hands up and immediately fired his weapon once killing her.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #62
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:

Reports were that they had been playing the video game but were finished. The neighbor called the police because the front door was open and the living room light on. From the images of the house it is obvious that they have a metal and glass screen door with a window that goes up in the middle. As it is finally cooling off at night in Texas they likely had the door open with the screen locked and windows open. Pretty much how we do it in New Mexico right now, leave the AC off and enjoy the fresh air, sounds of night time.

Anyhow, she got up when she heard something rustling in the yard. It was the officer who shined his light at her and yelled hands up and immediately fired his weapon once killing her.
I don't know anyone who would allow their 8 year old to stay up until 230am playing video games. That's just bizarre. I know it was a Friday night but this isn't a teenager it's a young child.

But nonetheless it's just an odd detail in what is ultimately an awful and unnecessary killing.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #63
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

The nephew is now saying that she stood at the window with a weapon pointed out? That paints a WHOLE nuther picture of events.

Still, RIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:55 AM   #64
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

Quote:

On this:

As I have been dating around I've been shocked at the parenting I've seen in a few households. I'm from a really conservative child rearing and educational background and EVERYTHING was structured with very little coloring outside the lines for us.

I'm not at all surprised that a kid was up at 2:30 playing video games into all hours of the night. A lady I dated a few times, recently, has a son that stays up late, is tardy for HS repeatedly and a few other things along these lines. She made one excuse for his behavior after another and said it was just to hard to discipline him. This is common from what I've seen, as of late.

Cheers-mk

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #65
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The nephew is now saying that she stood at the window with a weapon pointed out? That paints a WHOLE nuther picture of events.

Still, RIP.
I heard that the nephew said she reached in her bag for the gun when she heard the noise outside. I didn't hear she pointed the gun. Either way, it's a tragedy.

EDIT - I tend to be on the side of the police. BUT I found the body cam footage very upsetting because of how fast he fired and never announced himself. If what Uncle says is true, and as the cop approached the door he sees a gun pointed at him? I don't know. Do you take the few seconds to announce police in this case when you see a gun pointed at you? In those few seconds of hesitation, he could have been shot. This one really sucks.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 10-16-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer15025.00
Dackelone9039.50

10-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #66
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Still, RIP.

Nope, she was inside the apt when the cop shot her. This video pretty much sums it all up.