BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Which F1 pilot will surpass HAM's WDC achievements?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Which F1 pilot will surpass HAM's WDC achievements?

Never say never....but if HAM continues to win, he will take the top-spot away from SCH that stands today....who will surpass HAM's WDC record??

VER?
LEC?
ALB?
VET?
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
BS_CS
No Armrest club
United_States
191
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 CS / 2014 BMW X5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Max or Charles, but I think that depends on which car/team they're with the longest honestly. If Max happens to jump to Mercedes for example and they stay the dominant car to be in it's going to be difficult for Charles at Ferrari, but I'd say it's for sure between those two. Vettel has shown signs this year and the previous that he's not as dominant as he used to be and we haven't really seen enough of Albon to make a judgement on that I think.
__________________
- 2018 BMW M3 CS
- 2014 BMW X5 50i
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

The next WDC domination....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS_CS View Post
Max or Charles, but I think that depends on which car/team they're with the longest honestly. If Max happens to jump to Mercedes for example and they stay the dominant car to be in it's going to be difficult for Charles at Ferrari, but I'd say it's for sure between those two. Vettel has shown signs this year and the previous that he's not as dominant as he used to be and we haven't really seen enough of Albon to make a judgement on that I think.
....agreed; VER and LEC appear the next-gen of domination....if they stay with the sharpest of the sharp end of the grid....always remember RIC who left RBR to find his way with Renault....it's not working out; hopeful Renault will re-invent themselves, perhaps when the new FIA F1 rules are in effect in the early 2020's.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 10-19-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 2
      10-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18492
Rep
11,190
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

This could be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
....VER's claim to the F1 WDC throne at an early age
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18492
Rep
11,190
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....VER's claim to the F1 WDC throne at an early age
Yeah . MAX was only 4 when he drove his first race .
At that time *Michael Schumacher* (Schumi) was already impressed by his driver skills ...
Attached Images
   
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
tdott
Colonel
957
Rep
2,108
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (3)

Calling it now. Won't be Max.
I think he'll win a championship or two, but will not dominate like the Merc's have.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #8
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

The....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Calling it now. Won't be Max.
I think he'll win a championship or two, but will not dominate like the Merc's have.
....ebb and flow of F1 dominance history suggests all teams rise and fall in competing in, and remaining at the very sharpest-end of the grid....just look at Williams and McLaren as the most egregious examples of the rise and fall of F1 dominance....MB has owned F1 for the past six seasons and this will change as well - history proves this.

So which constructor will equal or surpass the most recent MB dominance? And....which driver will partner with that team??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #9
hellrotm
Major General
2828
Rep
6,230
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....ebb and flow of F1 dominance history suggests all teams rise and fall in competing in, and remaining at the very sharpest-end of the grid....just look at Williams and McLaren as the most egregious examples of the rise and fall of F1 dominance....MB has owned F1 for the past six seasons and this will change as well - history proves this.

So which constructor will equal or surpass the most recent MB dominance? And....which driver will partner with that team??
Rumor is Mercedes lack of advancements since the break is due to them moving most of their resources to next years car early, since they had the championships all but locked up for awhile. Not sure if their dominance is going anywhere. Driver lineup isn't changing, so could be another for Lewis.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #10
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

If HAM wins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Rumor is Mercedes lack of advancements since the break is due to them moving most of their resources to next years car early, since they had the championships all but locked up for awhile. Not sure if their dominance is going anywhere. Driver lineup isn't changing, so could be another for Lewis.
....this year and 2020, he will surpass SCH's seven WDC titles....who will surpass HAM??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #11
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Which F1 pilot will surpass....

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....this year and 2020, he will surpass SCH's seven WDC titles....who will surpass HAM??
HAM??
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #12
bagekko
Lieutenant
bagekko's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: Lots of BMWs
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: RI/MA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW 135i Cabrio  [0.00]
I would have to say no driver that is currently in F1. Hamilton may not break all Michaels records, he is probably retiring in 1-2 years. Depending on the direction of the new regs, no one may ever break any of either of their records.
__________________
2008 BMW M5 6spd
1995 BMW 540i 6spd
2016 BMW M4 Vert 6spd
2017 BMW X5 35d MSport
2019 BMW i3 120ah REX
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:17 AM   #13
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
1065
Rep
1,799
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
I would have to say no driver that is currently in F1. Hamilton may not break all Michaels records, he is probably retiring in 1-2 years. Depending on the direction of the new regs, no one may ever break any of either of their records.
With what Lewis has said with regard to the environment and diet with his new business venture into vegetarian foods it may be sooner he leaves rather than later and I agree that overhauling Schumi's all time record is not at the forefront of Lewis's mind.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #14
thebishman
Captain
United_States
148
Rep
865
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
With what Lewis has said with regard to the environment and diet with his new business venture into vegetarian foods it may be sooner he leaves rather than later and I agree that overhauling Schumi's all time record is not at the forefront of Lewis's mind.
I think youíre wrong, and if you believe that Lewis isnít incredibly focused on racing when itís time to be, I suggest you donít understand his motivation. I have no doubt that he will continue to drive for two more seasons in hopes that he can earn 8 WDCs, and cement his standing as the GOAT. He just needs MB to step up and give him a car that can keep pace with the Ferraris.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #15
madmax240
Private First Class
69
Rep
125
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Looking at what happened in Mexico, LH is definitely the GOAT.


I think he'll surpass MS stats, but stats don't tell the whole story.


right now, LH is driving against VET - a 4 time WDC. Max V, supposedly the chosen one (much like Anakin Skywalker), and Leclerc - who is still making a few mistakes, and although no one rates BOT, he is 2nd in the WDC this year.



So LH is winning against multiple drivers worthy of being WDC. He's winning with injured cars, he's winning against a Ferrari with a better engine.


Granted Ferrari amaze us all with new and creative ways to lose a race. Leclerc might need to move to Merc to be WDC.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:53 AM   #16
madmax240
Private First Class
69
Rep
125
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

I don't think any of the current cohort of drivers will surpass LH stats.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #17
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
423
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

If VERcrashen can exit his consistently damaging GP starts and stop playing bumper-cars with his competitors....and have someone shape his psyche that F1 does not tolerate VER's bumper-car mentality and if VER can understand that you have to be in it to win it....and that does not mean winning the race in Turn 1 Lap 1....maybe he will be somebody....as of now....his raw brilliance is not tarnished, but entirely erased from those that follow this sport closely.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST