BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum 2020 Z4 M40i / 2019 Z3 sDrive30i Ordering and Pricing Guides

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #45
SoCalKarl
Drive It Like You Stole It
74
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: BMW 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
ILast week in BMW world in Munich .
After seeing it in person, what are your impressions of the car??
I saw that the lease rates for new Z4 yesterday and they look good. It looks like for about $3600 drive off your monthly is $629.00 for 10000 annual miles. I expect a lot worst.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #46
155MPH
Major
155MPH's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,378
Posts

Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey Shore

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKarl View Post
I had an E85 Z4 and an E89 Z4...
My first Z was a Z3, then E85 Z4M Roadster, and now an E89 28i with M Sport Package. ALL THREE 6SP MANUAL. Where is the Manual for the G29???????????????????? PLEASE
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #47
155MPH
Major
155MPH's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,378
Posts

Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey Shore

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
After seeing it in person, what are your impressions of the car??
Just saw the 30i yesterday in person at a dealer here in the US. Aside from the color choices that all the US launch cars got (San Francisco Red over white) I was impressed by the fit/finish and quality of the materials and this car looks way better in person than it does in pictures. It also looks much bigger. The interior is a big upgrade in quality over my E89. The trunk (boot) is large (relatively speaking) and what really surprised me is the quality of the sound when closing the trunk - not a clunk but a solid sounding and quiet closure.

I did not drive it, eventually I will, but I am still struggling emotionally with the decision by BMW to only offer the auto trans.

Last edited by 155MPH; 03-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 3
      03-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #48
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
I test drove the sdrive30i 2 days ago and fell in love. Car handles on rails and gassing it around a sharp turn in sport skirted the back a tad, but traction control kept it on course without killing all power. Since the car is light, it accelerates nicely and feels powerful thanks to the high tq (relatively for a 4cyl). The 4cyl is 49.9/50.1 weighted so the nose goes where you want it to. Very minimal body roll as well and the 255/275 19 wheels are plenty for the 30i for grip, well see about the m40i variant. The exhaust note is surprisingly good for a 4cyl as well. Pops and bangs included, the exhaust has a deeper than expected note. I drive a modded 240xi with 380hp at the wheels and this z4 convinced me to trade for a z4 m40i. Yes Im losing the awd and launch capabilities, but the driving dynamics, seating position, and open top outweigh it. This was the first car that made me smile ear to ear and I drove the SS and ZL1 Camaros, a DCT m3, and a new m850ix. All were cool, but only the z4 gave me that smile.

Even if youre set on the m40i like me, test driving the 30i will still be pleasing and get you hyped for the m40i to finally start selling here.
Appreciate 1
Jim S215.50

      03-16-2019, 05:52 AM   #49
Jim S
Member
Jim S's Avatar
Scotland
216
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i G29
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
I test drove the sdrive30i 2 days ago and fell in love. Car handles on rails and gassing it around a sharp turn in sport skirted the back a tad, but traction control kept it on course without killing all power. Since the car is light, it accelerates nicely and feels powerful thanks to the high tq (relatively for a 4cyl). The 4cyl is 49.9/50.1 weighted so the nose goes where you want it to. Very minimal body roll as well and the 255/275 19 wheels are plenty for the 30i for grip, well see about the m40i variant. The exhaust note is surprisingly good for a 4cyl as well. Pops and bangs included, the exhaust has a deeper than expected note. I drive a modded 240xi with 380hp at the wheels and this z4 convinced me to trade for a z4 m40i. Yes Im losing the awd and launch capabilities, but the driving dynamics, seating position, and open top outweigh it. This was the first car that made me smile ear to ear and I drove the SS and ZL1 Camaros, a DCT m3, and a new m850ix. All were cool, but only the z4 gave me that smile.

Even if youre set on the m40i like me, test driving the 30i will still be pleasing and get you hyped for the m40i to finally start selling here.
Great review Joe240. I hope the sceptics read this as it might prompt some of them to go and see the car in the flesh and perhaps even test drive it. Maybe that will change their opinion of the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:31 AM   #50
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
Great review Joe240. I hope the sceptics read this as it might prompt some of them to go and see the car in the flesh and perhaps even test drive it. Maybe that will change their opinion of the car.
I agree with them all that it looks better in person. I originally thought Id just buy the new Supra, but seeing the z4 in person, in red with black grills, trim, and red paint was a stunner. Top down looks even better and very glad they got rid of the hydraulics to move the top like the old Zxs had. It looks like an electric motor behind the driver.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #51
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Here's some shots I took after the test drive.
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #52
CeEl
Captain
United_States
132
Rep
726
Posts

Drives: not too bad
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
I agree with them all that it looks better in person. I originally thought Id just buy the new Supra, but seeing the z4 in person, in red with black grills, trim, and red paint was a stunner. Top down looks even better and very glad they got rid of the hydraulics to move the top like the old Zxs had. It looks like an electric motor behind the driver.
Similar here. Test drove it, ordered the M40i. Most dealers already had one ordered with a March production date and were able to modify order to my config. Coincidentally, I thought I was going to get red exterior & white interior, and the dealer cars reinforced that. Frozen Grey was a close second, but public opinion and even one of the sales people (who I have known for a long time) convinced me to go with another color.

Red and white are the colors of the Austrian flag - very fitting for the car!

Mine should finish production today! I hope the various how to track your BMW guides apply to cars made in Graz (so far the do .
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #53
Jim S
Member
Jim S's Avatar
Scotland
216
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i G29
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Similar here. Test drove it, ordered the M40i. Most dealers already had one ordered with a March production date and were able to modify order to my config. Coincidentally, I thought I was going to get red exterior & white interior, and the dealer cars reinforced that. Frozen Grey was a close second, but public opinion and even one of the sales people (who I have known for a long time) convinced me to go with another color.

Red and white are the colors of the Austrian flag - very fitting for the car!

Mine should finish production today! I hope the various how to track your BMW guides apply to cars made in Graz (so far the do .
Which colour and spec did you finally go for?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #54
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Just got my order in on a 112 slot

San Francisco Red
Black Vernasca leather
Driving assistance package
Premium package
Executive package
Active cruise control
Parking assistant

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and the car gets here within a month or 2.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #55
CeEl
Captain
United_States
132
Rep
726
Posts

Drives: not too bad
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
Which colour and spec did you finally go for?
San Francisco Red, White Leather, high gloss black trim
ZDA Driving Assistance Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
799M jet black wheels
5DF Active Cruise Control

I wanted the Active Parking Assistant also, but whenever the dealer selected it, his ordering system removed the Driving Assistance Package. It was in production before we (he) could figure out why or check with BMW if it was a bug in their system. Hopefully Parking Assistant is part of the Driving Assistance Package in the US and that's why

I tried out the automatic reverse at the dealer lot and thought it was extremely helpful to get out of garages, and other tight spots I 'wiggled' myself into. I believe that's part of the Active Parking Assistant. But I'll live without it
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #56
CeEl
Captain
United_States
132
Rep
726
Posts

Drives: not too bad
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Just got my order in on a 112 slot

San Francisco Red
Black Vernasca leather
Driving assistance package
Premium package
Executive package
Active cruise control
Parking assistant

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and the car gets here within a month or 2.
sounds like you ticked pretty much all the boxes as well!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #57
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
sounds like you ticked pretty much all the boxes as well!
Indeed. Figured if I was gonna be spending $70k on a car, what a few extra grand gonna hurt.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2019, 06:40 AM   #58
Jim S
Member
Jim S's Avatar
Scotland
216
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i G29
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
San Francisco Red, White Leather, high gloss black trim
ZDA Driving Assistance Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
799M jet black wheels
5DF Active Cruise Control

I wanted the Active Parking Assistant also, but whenever the dealer selected it, his ordering system removed the Driving Assistance Package. It was in production before we (he) could figure out why or check with BMW if it was a bug in their system. Hopefully Parking Assistant is part of the Driving Assistance Package in the US and that's why

I tried out the automatic reverse at the dealer lot and thought it was extremely helpful to get out of garages, and other tight spots I 'wiggled' myself into. I believe that's part of the Active Parking Assistant. But I'll live without it
In the UK, Parking Assistant is part of the Technology Package, which includes:-
Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
Head-Up display
Loudspeaker system - Hartman/Kardon
WiFi hotspot preparation
Parking Assistant

Driving Assistant Package Includes:-
Active cruise control with Stop&Go function
Driving Assistant (various warnings)

I think the active reverse is part of Parking Assistant and the Driving Assistant Package has nothing to do with reversing and parking functions.

Hope that helps.


Last edited by Jim S; 03-17-2019 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
CeEl132.00

      03-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #59
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane1201 View Post
I have slots open for Z4 orders. (M40i or 30i) I also have two San Francisco Red Z4 available now
2 available Im assuming are the 30i models?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #60
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
8073
Rep
17,274
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
Jeez I thought comfort access was standard on all new cars. Guess not. Cool that there's an alcantara/leather option. Hopefully that finds its way to other models too.
In the UK that's known as the Thieves' All-Access Pass, and one of the first things people here do with Comfort Access is disable it
The latest G series keys are much smarter. They are effectively disabled when not moving I.e in the house.
__________________
BMW X3 M40d Performance Auto
Sophisto Grey Metallic with Oyster Leather
Comfort Package + M Sport Plus Package + Technology Package
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #61
Jim S
Member
Jim S's Avatar
Scotland
216
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i G29
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Just got my order in on a 112 slot

San Francisco Red
Black Vernasca leather
Driving assistance package
Premium package
Executive package
Active cruise control
Parking assistant

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and the car gets here within a month or 2.
What is a 112 slot?
My M40i was built week 11 (w/c March 11th), delivery is expected in the UK week 15 (w/c April 8th). 2-week delay from the original order.
Any more news on when you will get yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #62
CeEl
Captain
United_States
132
Rep
726
Posts

Drives: not too bad
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Just got my order in on a 112 slot

San Francisco Red
Black Vernasca leather
Driving assistance package
Premium package
Executive package
Active cruise control
Parking assistant

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and the car gets here within a month or 2.
What is a 112 slot?
My M40i was built week 11 (w/c March 11th), delivery is expected in the UK week 15 (w/c April 8th). 2-week delay from the original order.
Any more news on when you will get yours?
Status 112 is scheduled for production.

Mine is on a ship on its way to the US. Supposed to arrive in Baltimore April 16. Darn ship seems to stop at every port in France, Florida, ... first (well, it sure feels that way). I could have rowed faster myself!!!

Then another week for customs, prep and delivery to dealership.

Red M40i. Wonder if mine is going to be among the first in US?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #63
SoCalKarl
Drive It Like You Stole It
74
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: BMW 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Mine was in Bremerhaven for over a week before it was put on a ship. I agree that they sure do move slowly. Mine left port a week ago and has to go through the Panama Canal before it heads up the west coast to California. It is suppose to arrive in California around April 3 or 4 then a week for customs and prep at the vehicle distribution center. Then another 2 days to deliver it to my dealership. I'm hoping to see it around the 10th or so. Black Sapphire Metallic M40i.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #64
Jim S
Member
Jim S's Avatar
Scotland
216
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i G29
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Status 112 is scheduled for production.

Mine is on a ship on its way to the US. Supposed to arrive in Baltimore April 16. Darn ship seems to stop at every port in France, Florida, ... first (well, it sure feels that way). I could have rowed faster myself!!!

Then another week for customs, prep and delivery to dealership.

Red M40i. Wonder if mine is going to be among the first in US?
Oh I see, code 1200 is Scheduled for Production in the UK.
Yes, they are moving very slowly, as slow as a fat guy in a line at a pie shop!!!!
My car is currently at code 9610, At Customs at Port (Germany). Likely to take another 10-12 days before I pick it up at my dealer. M40i in Misano Blue with Black leather interior.
Appreciate 2
JustChris8072.50
CeEl132.00

      03-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #65
CeEl
Captain
United_States
132
Rep
726
Posts

Drives: not too bad
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKarl View Post
Mine was in Bremerhaven for over a week before it was put on a ship. I agree that they sure do move slowly. Mine left port a week ago and has to go through the Panama Canal before it heads up the west coast to California. It is suppose to arrive in California around April 3 or 4 then a week for customs and prep at the vehicle distribution center. Then another 2 days to deliver it to my dealership. I'm hoping to see it around the 10th or so. Black Sapphire Metallic M40i.
Congratulations! You will get it about 2 weeks before I do! I am jealous. I dont think we have seen a test / review of a US spec M40i yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #66
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
1708
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
What is a 112 slot?
My M40i was built week 11 (w/c March 11th), delivery is expected in the UK week 15 (w/c April 8th). 2-week delay from the original order.
Any more news on when you will get yours?
Just got off the phone with bmw support. they show the vehicle got to port in the EU as of 21 March (production finished 19 March so that was quick). However, they don't show it being assigned to a vessel yet so it's been sitting there a week waiting. It's killing me waiting for it to get here
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST