BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Impeachment Thread

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 44 27.85%
Trump Trump-umphant. 56 35.44%
Inclusive 13 8.23%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 48 30.38%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 8 5.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #1211
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
38545
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Trumps crime was exposing corruption by democrats
Appreciate 3
Torgus1969.00
glennQNYC5525.50

      10-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #1212
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Trumps crime was exposing corruption by democrats
Appreciate 1
minn195770.50

      10-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #1213
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The current POTUS is concerned about what appears to be corruption by the prior administration. Hunter is an ancillary figure.
Suuuuure he is.

It's pure coincidence that this overwhelming "concern" didn't start until Joe announced he was going to run against Trump.
Appreciate 2
minn195770.50

      10-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #1214
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
It's too much of a mental leap is it? 'In theory' if you wanted to buy influence from a politician how could you do it without getting your hands dirty? Hmmm I don't know you could funnel that money through their kids with board seats or multi billion dollar investments from state run banks. It's how the political class hide corruption by enriching family and friends.

Or you could just start a fake charitable foundation like the Clintons.
So, what evidence is there that Joe did something, in response to Hunter being hired?

Don't say removing Shokin. I strongly doubt the governments of the G7 countries or the International Monetary Fund leadership gave two shits about what job Hunter did or didn't have, so save it.
Appreciate 1
minn195770.50

      10-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #1215
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14982
Rep
7,385
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
So, what evidence is there that Joe did something, in response to Hunter being hired?

Don't say removing Shokin. I strongly doubt the governments of the G7 countries or the International Monetary Fund leadership gave two shits about what job Hunter did or didn't have, so save it.
I agree on the first point. We simply don't know.

On the second point I might remind that they don't give two shits about what Hunter job did or didn't have but for different reasons than most who are landing on the side that he did nothing wrong: This is business as usual among the elite classes in the Old World so they see nothing wrong with it.

It is disgusting in a meritocracy. And I say this fully understanding that the old boys (and now girls) network is everywhere.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 1
2000cs997.00

      10-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #1216
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
38545
Rep
2,864
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Trump will easily get re-elected, only the hardcore liberals cant see the corruption at the DNC.

In other threads you even defended Biden's son who was selling influence. Manafort is in jail, the Podesta brothers are still free!

Their policies hurt Americans, also why Trump will get re-elected!

We're experiencing record unemployment, Trump securing the border, fighting for fair trade etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #1217
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I agree on the first point. We simply don't know.

On the second point I might remind that they don't give two shits about what Hunter job did or didn't have but for different reasons than most who are landing on the side that he did nothing wrong: This is business as usual among the elite classes in the Old World so they see nothing wrong with it.

It is disgusting in a meritocracy. And I say this fully understanding that the old boys (and now girls) network is everywhere.

Cheers-mk

Agreed.

However, point 2 - while an unfortunate reality - is not evidence that Biden did anything untoward while VP. Right?
Appreciate 3
minn195770.50
MKSixer14982.00

      10-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #1218
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Trump will easily get re-elected, only the hardcore liberals cant see the corruption at the DNC.

In other threads you even defended Biden's son who was selling influence. Manafort is in jail, the Podesta brothers are still free!

Their policies hurt Americans, also why Trump will get re-elected!

We're experiencing record unemployment, Trump securing the border, fighting for fair trade etc.
Where did I defend Hunter?

Acknowledging that the family of rich and powerful people get special treatment is not "defending" anything.
Appreciate 2
minn195770.50
MKSixer14982.00

      10-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #1219
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14982
Rep
7,385
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Agreed.

However, point 2 - while an unfortunate reality - is not evidence that Biden did anything untoward while VP. Right?
Correct. I think we were talking about optics and whether any care was to be had by "ye olde world".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #1220
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7846
Rep
10,074
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Buttigieg: corruption takes root where it's accepted.

Very wise words.
__________________
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #1221
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1526
Rep
2,432
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
On the second point I might remind that they don't give two shits about what Hunter job did or didn't have but for different reasons than most who are landing on the side that he did nothing wrong: This is business as usual among the elite classes in the Old World so they see nothing wrong with it.

It is disgusting in a meritocracy. And I say this fully understanding that the old boys (and now girls) network is everywhere.

Cheers-mk
Disgusting and, amazingly, legal. I posted a link about this about a week ago, let me see if I can find it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/o...e-problem.html

We need to fix this.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14982.00

      10-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #1222
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
5526
Rep
5,019
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
It's too much of a mental leap is it? 'In theory' if you wanted to buy influence from a politician how could you do it without getting your hands dirty? Hmmm I don't know you could funnel that money through their kids with board seats or multi billion dollar investments from state run banks. It's how the political class hide corruption by enriching family and friends.

Or you could just start a fake charitable foundation like the Clintons.
So, what evidence is there that Joe did something, in response to Hunter being hired?

Don't say removing Shokin. I strongly doubt the governments of the G7 countries or the International Monetary Fund leadership gave two shits about what job Hunter did or didn't have, so save it.
There's an old democrat party talking point that they're infamous for... "it's not the nature of the evidence, but the seriousness of the charge." Feel free to apply that standard for investigating political opponents here.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #1223
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
There's an old democrat party talking point that they're infamous for... "it's not the nature of the evidence, but the seriousness of the charge." Feel free to apply that standard for investigating political opponents here.
Why would I apply that standard to anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #1224
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
5526
Rep
5,019
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
There's an old democrat party talking point that they're infamous for... "it's not the nature of the evidence, but the seriousness of the charge." Feel free to apply that standard for investigating political opponents here.
Why would I apply that standard to anyone?
Their answer was "because some charges are so serious that the mere accusation itself warrants an investigation."

Hey, I didn't make this up. This has been the position of Democrats since Bush 41. If anything I can find comfort in the Left finally realizing how this line of reasoning feels when it's focused on them.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #1225
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Their answer was "because some charges are so serious that the mere accusation itself warrants an investigation."
Hey, I didn't make this up. This has been the position of Democrats since Bush 41.
I'll try it again:

Why would I apply that standard to anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:44 AM   #1226
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
5526
Rep
5,019
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Their answer was "because some charges are so serious that the mere accusation itself warrants an investigation."
Hey, I didn't make this up. This has been the position of Democrats since Bush 41.
I'll try it again:

Why would I apply that standard to anyone?
Because you can't un-ring a bell. A precedent has been set for decades now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #1227
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Because you can't un-ring a bell. A precedent has been set for decades now.
So, you admit this "standard" is wrong and unfair, but you're OK with using it going forward?

Your mama never taught you that two wrongs don't make a right, eh? That's your choice.

I know better.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:58 AM   #1228
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12158
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
So, you admit this "standard" is wrong and unfair, but you're OK with using it going forward?

Your mama never taught you that two wrongs don't make a right, eh? That's your choice.

I know better.
You may know better. I may know better. Politicians on both side of the isle most certainly do NOT know better.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 3
      10-21-2019, 09:49 AM   #1229
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3863
Rep
3,417
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You may know better. I may know better. Politicians on both side of the isle most certainly do NOT know better.
Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Glenn wasn't talking about politicians, though, he was talking about me.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12158.00
MKSixer14982.00

      10-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #1230
Dagamus_NM
Private First Class
185
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

So back to those emails since nothing else is going on over here today.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...lations-faults

So it was determined that there were violations. Anything else going to come of this aside from peons getting dragged?

Surprised this isn't getting more debate. I guess it will go out with a whimper as our attention shifts to the next political football.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #1231
schoy
Captain
619
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
So back to those emails since nothing else is going on over here today.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...lations-faults

So it was determined that there were violations. Anything else going to come of this aside from peons getting dragged?

Surprised this isn't getting more debate. I guess it will go out with a whimper as our attention shifts to the next political football.
"Hundreds" of email violations? That's child's play. Try thousands, if not millions, during the G.W. Bush presidency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

Not saying Hillary is exonerated though (she should have known better).
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12158.00

      10-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #1232
Dagamus_NM
Private First Class
185
Rep
195
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
"Hundreds" of email violations? That's child's play. Try thousands, if not millions, during the G.W. Bush presidency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

Not saying Hillary is exonerated though (she should have known better).
I thought Barr was going to lock her up or something.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST