BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos My girlfriend's neighbor has classic Mustangs and a 2006 Ford GT

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
2729
Rep
1,973
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

My girlfriend's neighbor has classic Mustangs and a 2006 Ford GT

So the guy up the street from my girlfriends house has a detached three car garage and he has several classic mustangs that I've seen there. I have always admired them from a far. Well today after mowing her lawn I have to my car and headed up in that direction and I see a Ford GT parked in the driveway. That was enough. I parked right in front of his driveway and turn my hazards on. Got out and introduce myself. He's got a 2006 Ford GT with 13,000 miles on it. He says that's high mileage for that kind of car. It's still A $200,000 car. This guy lives in a very modest house. He must spend all his money on his cars. Should have snapped a picture but I thought it was bad form. That is all.
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 6
      10-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
600
Rep
211
Posts

Drives: ZL1, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Pretty cool, but who knows what he’s got going on, he may just have no interest in maintaining a big house, and he’s happy where he is.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
1514
Rep
2,354
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
So the guy up the street from my girlfriends house has a detached three car garage and he has several classic mustangs that I've seen there. I have always admired them from a far. Well today after mowing her lawn I have to my car and headed up in that direction and I see a Ford GT parked in the driveway. That was enough. I parked right in front of his driveway and turn my hazards on. Got out and introduce myself. He's got a 2006 Ford GT with 13,000 miles on it. He says that's high mileage for that kind of car. It's still A $200,000 car. This guy lives in a very modest house. He must spend all his money on his cars. Should have snapped a picture but I thought it was bad form. That is all.
Just out of interest, what would you consider a "very modest house" be worth in that area?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 02:24 AM   #4
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1604
Rep
1,396
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
So the guy up the street from my girlfriends house has a detached three car garage and he has several classic mustangs that I've seen there. I have always admired them from a far. Well today after mowing her lawn I have to my car and headed up in that direction and I see a Ford GT parked in the driveway. That was enough. I parked right in front of his driveway and turn my hazards on. Got out and introduce myself. He's got a 2006 Ford GT with 13,000 miles on it. He says that's high mileage for that kind of car. It's still A $200,000 car. This guy lives in a very modest house. He must spend all his money on his cars. Should have snapped a picture but I thought it was bad form. That is all.
Nice. I remember when I travelled to Detroit for work years ago....my first trip up. I had just picked up my rental and driving towards Ann Arbor when I had a Ford GT pass me.

I was awestruck at the time. But I seen quite a few of them up there during subsequent trips.
__________________
2011 128i: M-Sport Suspension, 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8 Wheels.

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 05:49 AM   #5
Airma
New Member
3
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Pretty cool, but who knows what heís got going on, he may just have no interest in maintaining a big house, and heís happy where he is.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7905
Rep
7,437
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So the REAL question that arises is how many sets of tracks does your girlfriend's lawn have from errant Mustangs?????
Appreciate 2
      10-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1962
Rep
1,515
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #8
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6134
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So the REAL question that arises is how many sets of tracks does your girlfriend's lawn have from errant Mustangs?????
......asks the guy who blames, and fires, the maid over the side piece leaving her panties behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Indeed. The car for most of us, pics of the girlfriend for the rest of us and the neighbor for the guy who asks for pictures of guys peds of us.
Appreciate 3
      10-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #9
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
2729
Rep
1,973
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So the REAL question that arises is how many sets of tracks does your girlfriend's lawn have from errant Mustangs?????
these are all classic stangs 60's 70's think bullit. and did my thread title autocorrect. I will get pics. of the car not gf because I know you
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6134.00

      10-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6134
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
and did my thread title autocorrect.
You're thread will now be under maintenance for the next 24-48 hours.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #11
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
3064
Rep
2,641
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Guy sounds like me. I don’t have a Ford GT, but i’m a proponent of the strategy of having a smaller house/mortgage so you can spend more money on cars. The big issue becomes, where to store the damn things.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh5544.00

      10-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #12
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12152
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Guy sounds like me. I donít have a Ford GT, but iím a proponent of the strategy of having a smaller house/mortgage so you can spend more money on cars. The big issue becomes, where to store the damn things.
You do what I do and build a small log home at the top of a mountain with a 1,500sf garage under it as the basement.

Problem solved.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt1603.50
Efthreeoh5544.00

      10-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
3064
Rep
2,641
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Guy sounds like me. I don’t have a Ford GT, but i’m a proponent of the strategy of having a smaller house/mortgage so you can spend more money on cars. The big issue becomes, where to store the damn things.
You do what I do and build a small log home at the top of a mountain with a 1,500sf garage under it as the basement.

Problem solved.
I would seriously do this (maybe not a log cabin) if my job didn't require me to live in a city (with no mountains and no ability to build basements). And getting a large garage unfortunately comes with getting a larger house and larger mortgage. Which defeats the purpose, of course
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12152.00

      10-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #14
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12152
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I would seriously do this (maybe not a log cabin) if my job didn't require me to live in a city (with no mountains and no ability to build basements). And getting a large garage unfortunately comes with getting a larger house and larger mortgage. Which defeats the purpose, of course
I don't have a mortgage and it isn't a large house. lol. The garage is almost the same size as the 1st floor. Total sf is about 3,750.

It takes me about an hour to get to and from work - but, oh what a drive it is....

This is the road I take to work...

__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
Darth One3064.00
Rmtt1603.50

      10-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #15
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6134
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You do what I do and build a small log home at the top of a mountain with a 1,500sf garage under it as the basement.

Problem solved.
This. My next home will be a garage with a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen attached. The garage, bathroom and bedroom are the only rooms in my house I even go in. The kitchen is only used for prepping supplements these days. My dishwasher only cleans shaker bottles and small cups. #singleemptynester
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12152.00
Rmtt1603.50

      10-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #16
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
3064
Rep
2,641
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I don't have a mortgage and it isn't a large house. lol. The garage is almost the same size as the 1st floor. Total sf is about 3,750.

It takes me about an hour to get to and from work - but, oh what a drive it is....

This is the road I take to work...

I see what you mean...i was just saying, i donít think it can be done in South Florida. Dat curvy road doe

I need to back away from this conversation, lol. My house is almost paid for and i donít need to be dreaming about starting over with a new mortgage
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12152.00

      10-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #17
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7905
Rep
7,437
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
This is the road I take to work...


Fake news, no road-kil - wait a dern minute here, I KNOW where the roadkill went!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 05:37 PM   #18
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12152
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
wait a dern minute here, I KNOW where the roadkill went!!!
Well, it is East Tennessee, so........


__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6134.00

      10-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #19
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6134
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Well, it is East Tennessee, so........


That's where the "viddles" come from!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12152.00

      10-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12152
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
That's where the "viddles" come from!
I tried to post a pic of my loft inside my garage. It has a small, steep stairway to a loft that is about 300sf, which includes a fancy futon, a tv mounted on the wall, a wine fridge, and a small wet bar, along with a single toilet and vanity.

I figure that would work fine for you.

For some reason, I can't upload pics to bimmerpost right now - keep getting an error.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6134.00

      10-07-2019, 05:49 PM   #21
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6134
Rep
1,328
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I tried to post a pic of my loft inside my garage. It has a small, steep stairway to a loft that is about 300sf, which includes a fancy futon, a tv mounted on the wall, a wine fridge, and a small wet bar, along with a single toilet and vanity.

I figure that would work fine for you.

For some reason, I can't upload pics to bimmerpost right now - keep getting an error.
A buddy of mine and I had discussed years ago, that if anything ever happened and we both ended up divoced, we would build a metal garage with a top loft area and bedrooms on opposite sides and just live there. The two of us have known each other since we were 12. We've lived together and each of us has worked for the other at several points. At 40-somethings now, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't already happened. What you're describing sound much like what we have discussed. I still haven't necessarily ruled this out. When I sell the house, I could very well end up in a big ass garage with a loft.
Appreciate 2
      10-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #22
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12152
Rep
3,398
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
A buddy of mine and I had discussed years ago, that if anything ever happened and we both ended up divoced, we would build a metal garage with a top loft area and bedrooms on opposite sides and just live there. The two of us have known each other since we were 12. We've lived together and each of us has worked for the other at several points. At 40-somethings now, I'm honestly surprised this hasn't already happened. What you're describing sound much like what we have discussed. I still haven't necessarily ruled this out. When I sell the house, I could very well end up in a big ass garage with a loft.
I need to find the build photos of someone else I know who is quite well off. In addition to his home, he built a 9,600sf airplane hanger at a racetrack and installed a 4,000sf loft in it upstairs. It holds about a dozen of his exotics and race cars. It is nothing short of insane.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST