BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography Looking to rent DSLR Car Rig mount

07-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
breezy25
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi e90

Looking to rent DSLR Car Rig mount

I've done a brief search in a number of different sections without any success so I looked to this section with hope of finding some answers.
I'm wondering if any of ya'll know of any people or websites that rent out the boomstick-style rigs for DSLRs? Looking to do some rolling rig shots, but I don't want to spend 1,000+ for the carcamerarig.com products. Any help would be stellar!

(I also live in the Denver area, but I spend a great amount of time in Minneapolis as well as South east Florida)

-Jack

'07 e90 335xi
| Pro-tuned Cobb AP | VRSF Catless DPs | Dinan rebuilt turbos | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch & SM Flywheel | UUC Evo 3 SSK | M3 Conversion Bumper | CF M3 V-style Lip | 19" bespoke Rotorary Forged AG M621s | H&R Street Performance Coils |GT Haus Meisterschaft Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 11:42 PM   #2
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy25 View Post
I've done a brief search in a number of different sections without any success so I looked to this section with hope of finding some answers.
I'm wondering if any of ya'll know of any people or websites that rent out the boomstick-style rigs for DSLRs? Looking to do some rolling rig shots, but I don't want to spend 1,000+ for the carcamerarig.com products. Any help would be stellar!

(I also live in the Denver area, but I spend a great amount of time in Minneapolis as well as South east Florida)

-Jack
I built my own rolling rig setup for ~$200. If you were local I'd let you have it for $100 since its gathered dust for the past two years.

Pardon the crappy basement lighting, but here's what it looks like:

Two Manfrotto Avenger F1100 6" Pump Cups:
http://www.amazon.com/Avenger-F1100-.../dp/B001GCUXFS

Two Matthews Super Mafer Clamps:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...Y&Q=&A=details

12 to 16 feet of 2" galvanized pipe cut into 3' sections and 3-4 pipe connectors from Home Depot.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

Shoot car to car on the highway, no photoshop needed. Also you don't drive a car that has a rig on it. The car isn't even running. See my comments in the other thread regarding rigs.