BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2016: Russian GP - Sochi (May 1)

05-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #23
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/Golf R/Amarok

[QUOTE=StatenEye;19862082]Kvyat is done, Verstappen already has his place. Max is a great pilot and seems to be a future champion and a better person overall. Would like Riccairdo to stay away from negative comments because he has a great image - humble and nice and the guy is FAST, he was very unlucky last year.

Wonder how you knew?

Last edited by DC-T; 05-05-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #24
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Hamilton is turning into a spoiled btch and I'm starting to actually hate him. IMO Lewis has been having poor starts and has been getting knocked around in turns 1 and 2 in recent races. I'm sure this has to impact his car. Then he's pushing the car playing constant catchup so his wear and tear is excessive compared to Rosberg and thats all his fault. Get pole, be first to turn 1 and I'm sure his car will stop having reliability issues. Rosberg was having the same issues last year until the end where he was, by far, the better racer.
It always kills me when Hamilton whines after finishing 2nd, which is where he would've been regardless! Why not say "yeah, a lot of stuff happened, but I managed to finish 2nd anyway, so I'm happy"?

Vettel did the same in the last race. Yes, things got messed up, but he ended-up 2nd, which is as good as he was ever going to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #25
Terry989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Either this season will go down as the championship that was handed to Rosberg or it still has potential to become the biggest choke job in F1 history. Lets see if the bad luck continues for Lewis.

One DNF by Rosberg and win by Lewis, the championship will be back on.
I disagree that the championship is being handed to him. Rosberg has been fast, getting better starts and driving clean, well paced races. You don't win seven races in a row on pure luck.

Meanwhile, Hamilton has been busy taking selfies and checking his facebook page to see how many 'likes' he has.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #26
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry989 View Post
I disagree that the championship is being handed to him. Rosberg has been fast, getting better starts and driving clean, well paced races. You don't win seven races in a row on pure luck.

Meanwhile, Hamilton has been busy taking selfies and checking his facebook page to see how many 'likes' he has.
Agreed, "luck" usually follows the hard working cooler heads and bad luck the whining, emotional drivers. Both Nico and Lewis slots into both categories depending on momentum.

These two are the same age and has raced each other in F1 for a decade and in other classes before that. Lewis has "always" looked like the better talent with sharper racing instincts. I don't like Nico, he has the personality of a shoe and acted like a whining, spiteful @ss in the past but I'd like to see that a driver can actually overtake another in racing competence by hard work and commitment. Let's see if that has happened now. I strongly doubt it but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #27
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry989 View Post

I guess you can blame engine related trouble and grid spot penalties in last two races on selfies. Makes a lot of sense. Oh and Bottas dive bombing him, also a selfie related issue. Australia you can put on Lewis, he just had a bad start.

Fact is Rosberg hasn't had anyone challenging him. That is usually when he folds like a lawn chair.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #28
rob24ert
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Kvyat is done, Verstappen already has his place. Max is a great pilot and seems to be a future champion and a better person overall. Would like Riccairdo to stay away from negative comments because he has a great image - humble and nice and the guy is FAST, he was very unlucky last year.

Mercedes has something funny going on but it not with the mechanics. For Lewis to call out the car on the podium was a btch move. Give Rosberg the props for doing the triple, he was faster all weekend - so to say the problem on Sunday was the cause of the loss was a gross overstatement by Lewis. TBH, I don't like either of them and I don't like the team, but Hamilton is turning into a spoiled btch and I'm starting to actually hate him. IMO Lewis has been having poor starts and has been getting knocked around in turns 1 and 2 in recent races. I'm sure this has to impact his car. Then he's pushing the car playing constant catchup so his wear and tear is excessive compared to Rosberg and thats all his fault. Get pole, be first to turn 1 and I'm sure his car will stop having reliability issues. Rosberg was having the same issues last year until the end where he was, by far, the better racer.

I'm just happy to see Alonso in the points but being the best racer on the circuit we need to see him in a decent car again! The poor guy has been given dogs sense 2011. The rest of the circuit agrees hes the best - so to see drivers getting faster car must be tough for him but its the nature of F1 politics.

Ferrari has shaved time off their laps from last year, so they are improving but unfortunately Mercedes has not just stayed the same they have also shaved time. So Ferrari is chasing an impossible task. Until the new requirements come out and the engine and chassis are again restructured; Mercedes will win the Driver's Championship and Constructor's for the foreseeable future.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 09:45 PM   #29
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

LOL, so many Ham haters.

Funny thing is Hamilton drove from 10th to 2nd making some beautiful overtakes on Massa/Kimi/Bottas, on a track known to be difficult to overtake. If Vettel did that, everyone would be saying what an amazing drive.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-02-2016 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #30
mc-m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 X3, 2015 Panamera

Quote:
Give Rosberg the props for doing the triple, he was faster all weekend - so to say the problem on Sunday was the cause of the loss was a gross overstatement by Lewis.
Not true. Rosberg was .72 faster in P1, Hamilton was 0.86s faster in P2 and 0.068s faster in P3.

you find me a driver that has had his luck that doesn't react this way is either a looser or a saint. Rosberg spent half of last season whining about one thing or another.

I'm glad to see the Ice man having a decent start to the season.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #31
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Lewis hasn't even said anything until this past weekend. To the point where the media was questioning his calm demeanor. Lewis of old would have gone off earlier.

I think hate is warping your sense of reality.

And your memories of Rosberg's post race reactions last two years is completely warped. That is the reason he got so much shade, because of his entitled crybaby attitude during the podiums and post race interviews.

Lets face all these drivers are divas. Alonso spent half his races last year yelling at his team over the radio about his sh*t car. Vettel's little rant at Kyvat before the podium in China, when in reality Kyvat's move was 100% legit and he knew it. He just wanted to blame someone else but himself or his teammate.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-03-2016 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #32
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Kvyat is a lame duck in RBR even before this race weekend (or maybe even earlier in this young season).

Marko has stated that RBR will confirm their driver line up in the weekend of the Belgian GP which is pretty early as far as confirming driver line ups go. I wonder where Kvyat will go now? back to Torro Rosso? or off to sports cars, Formula E.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #33
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Kvyat is a lame duck in RBR even before this race weekend (or maybe even earlier in this young season).

Marko has stated that RBR will confirm their driver line up in the weekend of the Belgian GP which is pretty early as far as confirming driver line ups go. I wonder where Kvyat will go now? back to Torro Rosso? or off to sports cars, Formula E.
That is what I was thinking. Explains why Kyvat has been making desperate moves. He was/is trying to save is job, but is actually cementing his exit.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #34
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Eh i'd have to disagree on Lewis of course since its not his first time whining this season for example Nico ran him off the track in Australia but i guess its a matter of opinion.
So same situation when Kyvat made a legit pass in China up the inside of Vettel at turn one.

Vettel went code red on Kyvat before China podium ceremony...that isn't whining?

Did you seen Lewis get caught on camera having a temper tantrum like Vettel...No? In Australia he simply stated in an interview that Nico ran him wide in turn one and that added on to his poor start. Which is what happened. He answered a media question, he didn't have an uncontrolled Vettel child tantrum.

Feels like you are singling out Lewis.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #35
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Whining to media about your own teammate/team vs confronting another driver face to face is a bit different. I understand and respect your side so let's just put this to rest.
So what you are saying is if the camera caught Hamilton berating Rosberg like Vettel, you wouldn't have a problem with it? You sure you wouldn't have used as an example in your diatribe of why you dislike Hamilton?

You remember US Grand Prix last year. When Rosberg complained to anyone who would listen that Lewis ran him wide in turn one. The same Rosberg you said was a respectful loser last two years.

For the record I actually like both the Mercedes drivers and Vettel.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #36
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Here is the respectful loser Rosberg throwing a hat at Lewis after the US Grand Prix.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #37
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Lewis hasn't even said anything until this past weekend. To the point where the media was questioning his calm demeanor. Lewis of old would have gone off earlier.

I think hate is warping your sense of reality.

And your memories of Rosberg's post race reactions last two years is completely warped. That is the reason he got so much shade, because of his entitled crybaby attitude during the podiums and post race interviews.

Lets face all these drivers are divas. Alonso spent half his races last year yelling at his team over the radio about his sh*t car. Vettel's little rant at Kyvat before the podium in China, when in reality Kyvat's move was 100% legit and he knew it. He just wanted to blame someone else but himself or his teammate.
Bottas and RIC are fast as hell and aren't cry babies. So no, they aren't all divas.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #38
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Kvyat Out of RBR; Verstappen In at RBR..?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...om_Spanish_GP/

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:12 PM   #39
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you know Lewis threw the hat at Nico first?
Remember you are the one that claimed Rosberg was a respectful loser last year...of which was completely wrong. For the record I said they were all divas, that would include Lewis. By the way, Lewis under hand tossed the hat for him to put on for the podium, no malice what so ever. Then Rosberg like a child over hand threw it at Lewis. Just pointing out you have some other underlying resentment towards Lewis. Just funny how in your eyes Rosberg was respectful, but yet did exactly what you are accusing Lewis of(complaining about being run wide in first corner).

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-04-2016 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:13 PM   #40
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok nice!!! Heres respectful Hamilton. I guess well do this for the rest of eternity...
Here you go again singling out Lewis.

I expect to see you write long post why you hate Vettel. Oh and Alonso too. Oh...Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez as well. The list could go on and on.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-04-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:02 PM   #41
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
None in the face from 2 feet away? Insane that you equate a face shot from 12 inches to the rest of these traditional celebratory pictures.
LOL...typical...always some excuse for your double standard hate.

Ever asked yourself if there is some "other" reason why you hate Lewis?

Like these ones? Up the ass, Vettel spraying some titties, and one within your 12 inch ridiculous threshold for allowable hate. You act like spraying podium girls is something new.

Quote:
Either way I'm going to enjoy watching Nico finishing out this season in first in the same car as Lewis.
As long as Ferrari loses(although I like Kimi). Rosberg is a great driver. A lot of times is past two season he was just thousands off Lewis's pace in quali, getting quite frustrated at times. I have no problem with Mercedes winning another championship, they deserve it. Toto is a cool cat.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 05-04-2016 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #42
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Kvyat Out of RBR; Verstappen In at RBR..?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...om_Spanish_GP/

Good, these incidents with Vettel is just continuation of a history of reckless driving from Kvyat. Better to let someone else have a go in the RBR.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #43
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/Golf R/Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-T View Post
You've summed it up so well got nothing to add here.

Except I wish they'd take that stupid kid for a psychometric. I've never been so pissed in my life.

Wonder how you knew?
Appreciate 0