10-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #68
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of jeans obviously does not understand what money is supposed to be used for.
Yes, this seems like a good advice on a BMW forum.
Appreciate 7
King Rudi13152.00
________4157.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
MKSixer34171.50
shay2nak1070.00
      10-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #69
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Levi's 550 or 560. Also have some Lucky Brand that fit well and my wife prefers me to wear when we go out. She hates the Levi's.
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #70
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Anyone who spends $300 on a pair of jeans obviously does not understand what money is supposed to be used for.
I would suggest that those who can spend $300 on jeans may have a better understanding of money and how to acquire it than you. Lol. I like AG.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #71
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
I would recommend 7 for all mankind, but I'll say they're not what they were 5 years ago. I've been strictly wearing these since 2003 and when they started introducing the newer cuts (slimmer) is when it started going down hill. Back then they had only 2 fits, bootcut & relaxed. Now they're all pretty much slim which I hate. I just bought 6 new pairs just for work and they are not at all the same as the older stuff. The sizing is way off and the cut is horrible. The back pockets are a lot larger now to accommodate brick phones again. I bought them just for work, so I don't really care. I have separate clothes for work and personal. I was lucky to buy a bunch of the older fits a few years back. I've got like 25 pairs, so they should last me a long ass time.

The comment about quality of Old Navy, etc vs designer jeans. There's a big difference between the 2.
I can't agree more. My biggest issue is my build (I'm 5' 10" @ 180#) I am not going to be wearing skinny jeans anytime soon and it seems that all jeans are geared towards this now. Very frustrating. It's getting harder and harder to find a pair of comfortable nice looking jeans that don't have the "look at me" shit on the back pockets without being skinny jeans.

As for the quality comment, you are exactly right! I've had some Old Navy jeans that met the looks category but the fit was not where it needs to be nor the quality. The difference between Old Navy jeans and some Japanese selvage is night and day. The guy in Nashville that makes custom jeans swears that his jeans will last you the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
TOUGHSKINS!!!

mic drop

I prefer to keep the skin on my knees. I only make this comment because I remember these shits when I was a kid. I couldn't bend my legs in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Hey N_J...

This might be a good look for you...

Attachment 1914724
I have these in every color. My favorite pair are mauve colored.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-10-2018 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #72
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

Diesel or Lucky Brand for me
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #73
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Guess I'm the outlier. Selvedge and raw. Levi's are fine, but I prefer Rogue Territory and Railcar, unless I'm going for Japanese, and then it's Oni or Samurai.
Heard of Oni; I have not heard of Railcar, Rogue Territory or Samurai. This is exactly why I started this thread. Appreciated!
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      10-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #74
spencers
Captain
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: Sthrizzle

Usually go for Naked and Famous denim. But denim has largely been replaced with performance wear. Cotton just sucks up water.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #75
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i didn't know spending more than $200 on jeans was an issue all my pants are Rock Revivals! I have 12 pairs that I bought throughout the last 7 years maybe? I wear them daily whether it's casual day or going out. they're comfortable, look good and even after hundreds of washes they look brand new. i usually buy a pair each year if they have anything i like. i also have a few Abercrombie and Fitch jeans i paid $200 for. i never think twice when buying shoes, watches, shirts and accessories unless the wifey says it's too much. even the money i spend on my tattoos is crazy but maybe it's because i can financially afford it. i have a couple of guy friends who wear the same Levi jeans 7 days a week and just a simple t-shirt and we would have discussions on how they live simple lives with the basic necessities but yet they make more than $100k a year. cheese and rice i just spent $1k on a freakin Note9 so what makes that any different than a pair of $200 jeans?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #76
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Rustler jeans by Wrangler from Wal-Mart for me. $15 per pair
Oh, yes! Back in 2000 I bought them Hero(?) then. At Walmart. 17-18$ per pair.

Just couldn't find anything better around: a dedicated Wrangler store's owner told me he disregarded 20X (I wore ) while I disregarded Cowboy Cut he only had to offer because they could stand on their own without me inside - I favoured softer cloth.

So the Heroes were extremely comfortable, fitted perfectly but weren't durable and looked just as cheap as they were. Not seeing myself of the kind I comfortably returned to 20X upon occasion.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #77
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
I've always pretty much wore Levi's 514 but recently the wife got me some from American eagle and I'm really starting to like them. AE are a bit softer than Levi's which is good in the office but I wear my Levi's when I'm spending all day out
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #78
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Love Paige.
Just looked them up. Very nice. I like the muted colors and they aren't flashy.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #79
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Just please no skinny jeans
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #80
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Not a chance! Thank you for looking out for me though.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #81
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
LOL I remember when skinny jeans first came out and fat guys would wear them
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
________4157.00
      10-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #82
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Dude we must have same taste I use to rock Silver Eddies when they first come out
I switched to Levis 511, 513 and Diesel
      10-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #83
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
LOL I remember when skinny jeans first came out and fat guys would wear them
Fat girls are still wearing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
Dude we must have same taste I use to rock Silver Eddies when they first come out
I switched to Levis 511, 513 and Diesel
They are damn comfortable and fit the bill for wearing to work.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #84
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

there are jean enthusiasts the same way there are car enthusiasts. if you can't understand why someone would pay $300 for jeans, then you're the jeans equivalent of a camry driver. nothing wrong with it, but you're making the same comments that camry drivers would make about people who buy bmw's.

the only thing i would tell the buyers of fashion brands like 7 and AG is, you're not paying for better quality over GAP and Uniqlo. that's fine if you are buying for other reasons like fit or style, but i'm just saying. the only fashion brand that makes great quality jeans that i've seen is Dior Homme, but they're like $400-600.

of the Japanese selvedge brands, my faves are Flat Head and Sugarcane.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
Red Bread4462.00
MKSixer34171.50
      10-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #85
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Aren't Flat Head and Sugarcane both sewn with cotton thread? I know it's a throwback thing, but I've got to have poly-cotton construction thread. Many Japanese brands get a little carried away with hitching themselves to 1950's Levis methods.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #86
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Man parachute pants where everything back in the day when I was break-dancing. The more zippers you had the cooler you were.
Break dancing...man, I haven't heard that name in years. I remember when that was hot topic. I used to watch kids on the street. They'd throw down a piece of vinyl flooring and crank their booms...always a crowd.

*OT* Hey, there's still some of us breakers that exist . I'm a pop and locker of the West Coast style but it falls under the same umbrella because us lockers and breakers are ALWAYS battling. The vid I'm posting is the closest thing I can find to my style and this guy "Crazy KYO" is a dance GENIUS! Asians currently DOMINATE the market because Americans threw this dance style away sadly.

The Breakin' festival is coming thru Charlotte once again next year for the second time EVER with crews from all around the world and who knows...maybe I'll compete this time. Heh I've currently got a few vids floating around but only because my friends plead with me to let them get a video and my mantra is "don't capture the art, let the art create and be. Once you capture it, it's entertainment." I like to dance to make ppl happy, it thrills my heart when someone says "how'd you DO that" and their eyes get wide with amazement. My usual response is "I didn't do anything! That was created millions of years ago and God just happened to send it to me at that moment..." It's divine ART!

*Back on topic* glad to see most of the men here care about their appearances and the type of jeans they wear because people DO notice!

My go to brands for everyday wear are Lucky Brand Dungarees. I'm a 32 waist size with a confortable 34 inseam and no matter which style they always offer the optimal fit and durability. Inalso discovered Levi's 514's which offer a modern fit without being "skinny jean" type of nut crunching action.

My premium brand jeans that fit the best are Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, and Nautica. They're expensive but many of them I've had for YEARS and they still look and fit like brand new. I'd rather buy right once than to have to do it several times wasting money on an inferior brand product.

The biggest mistake most ppl make in denim care is washing them. That ruins them!! I've washed my D&G's maybe once in 5 yrs! You don't throw jeans in that mean old EVIL washer, you spot clean them and move on!!! STOP WASHING YOUR JEANS fellas! But don't take my word for it...

http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped-...favorite-pair/
I'll never buy into the notion of not washing my clothes.

I've read this years ago... I'd rather wash them and throw them out if they get worn.

Just me.
Appreciate 3
wrickem2101.00
Sea-Tac1451.50
RickFLM410880.50
      10-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #87
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man parachute pants where everything back in the day when I was break-dancing. The more zippers you had the cooler you were.
Break dancing...man, I haven't heard that name in years. I remember when that was hot topic. I used to watch kids on the street. They'd throw down a piece of vinyl flooring and crank their booms...always a crowd.

*OT* Hey, there's still some of us breakers that exist . I'm a pop and locker of the West Coast style but it falls under the same umbrella because us lockers and breakers are ALWAYS battling. The vid I'm posting is the closest thing I can find to my style and this guy "Crazy KYO" is a dance GENIUS! Asians currently DOMINATE the market because Americans threw this dance style away sadly.

The Breakin' festival is coming thru Charlotte once again next year for the second time EVER with crews from all around the world and who knows...maybe I'll compete this time. Heh I've currently got a few vids floating around but only because my friends plead with me to let them get a video and my mantra is "don't capture the art, let the art create and be. Once you capture it, it's entertainment." I like to dance to make ppl happy, it thrills my heart when someone says "how'd you DO that" and their eyes get wide with amazement. My usual response is "I didn't do anything! That was created millions of years ago and God just happened to send it to me at that moment..." It's divine ART!

*Back on topic* glad to see most of the men here care about their appearances and the type of jeans they wear because people DO notice!

My go to brands for everyday wear are Lucky Brand Dungarees. I'm a 32 waist size with a confortable 34 inseam and no matter which style they always offer the optimal fit and durability. Inalso discovered Levi's 514's which offer a modern fit without being "skinny jean" type of nut crunching action.

My premium brand jeans that fit the best are Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, and Nautica. They're expensive but many of them I've had for YEARS and they still look and fit like brand new. I'd rather buy right once than to have to do it several times wasting money on an inferior brand product.

The biggest mistake most ppl make in denim care is washing them. That ruins them!! I've washed my D&G's maybe once in 5 yrs! You don't throw jeans in that mean old EVIL washer, you spot clean them and move on!!! STOP WASHING YOUR JEANS fellas! But don't take my word for it...

I've read this years ago... I'd rather wash them and throw them out if they get worn.

Just me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just me.
I feel ya. I thought the same thing years ago but got tired of replacing jeans on the regular.

But think about it, just how dirty do you get your jeans?? If ya booty stinks that bad you've got other issues lol
Sea-Tac1451.50
      10-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #88
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just me.
I feel ya. I thought the same thing years ago but got tired of replacing jeans on the regular.

But think about it, just how dirty do you get your jeans?? If ya booty stinks that bad you've got other issues lol
LOL
Appreciate 3
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
Sea-Tac1451.50