BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Boeing Starliner Oopsie?

12-20-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Boeing Starliner Oopsie?

Just watched the demo flight launch video stream of the new Boeing Starliner, on an unmanned demo flight to the International Space Station (ISS) to show that it is ready to carry people for the next launch.

United Launch Alliance (ULA) provided the Atlas booster and Centaur second stage, and both of them performed nominally according to the video stream. They left Starliner in an elliptical orbit as planned, handing off to Boeing to use Starliner's thrusters to trim things up to ultimately rendezvous with the ISS.

Things got busy in the Starliner control room as this was going on, with papers being referenced instead of the computer screens in front of everyone. They turned Starliner towards the sun so that the solar arrays could charge the batteries, and announced that they had a non-nominal orbit insertion and were working the options up until the (scheduled?) end of the video stream.

If I was a betting person who knows that meeting up with the ISS in orbit is like threading a needle, I would put some money on them bringing the capsule back down without docking. I would also sell Boeing before the market opens, 'cuz it could get ugly if I'm right.....
      12-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Boeing is on a real losing streak recently. Not sure if they've got too many irons in the fire or if this is just a badly timed coincidence. But between the 737 Max fiasco and this clusterfuq, it seems QC is not one of Boeing's strengths lately.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
eluded2959.00
vreihen1614886.50
      12-21-2019, 12:39 AM   #3
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Elon for the Win.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #4
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Boeing is on a real losing streak recently. Not sure if they've got too many irons in the fire or if this is just a badly timed coincidence. But between the 737 Max fiasco and this clusterfuq, it seems QC is not one of Boeing's strengths lately.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #5
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Who needs QC, everything comes with a full 100% return policy, no questions asked (please, no questions). It's all part of the Walmartization of America.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614886.50