BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Tony Stewart

View Poll Results: Where does fault lie?
Criminal charges should be filed. Stewart is finished in racing. 30 11.15%
Should lose a lawsuit, but Stewart can salvage his career. 8 2.97%
Tragic accident, blame on both sides. 68 25.28%
Jeff Ward shouldn't have walked on the track. 163 60.59%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

08-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I am sorry but the 13% that said criminal charges should be filed are complete f*cking morons.
Hmm, so harsh. You know 100% for a fact that he will not be charged? You do realize that being charged doesn't necessarily mean for murder or some other ridiculously trumped-up charge but includes negligence? No sane person here is arguing that Tony *intentionally* wanted to kill Ward. That's just laughable.

Quote:
If I were Tony I wouldn't pay that family a cent. The video is more that enough to win in court.
Another harsh statement. Riiiight, if anything, that video looks bad for Tony.

A lot of you ppl that voted for 'it's 100% Ward's fault' aren't thinking straight. Let's say some little kid or senile person wanders off onto the street on a red, so onto your street when it's green for you. It's the pedestrian's fault for wandering onto the street, but if you had enough time to avoid hitting the person, are you saying 'screw it, I can hit him no matter what without any repercussions, it's that person's fault for getting onto the street on red!!!! I'm in the clear!!!!'? Any half decent driver w/ any skill would try to avoid a crash to the best of his ability, nevermind a champion driver. If you look at the clip, the place of incident was well beyond the corner, so there shouldn't be any blind spots. Also, the 45 car wasn't blocking Tony because 45 was driving below at a slower pace and Tony was above at a faster pace, somehow aiming right into the path of Ward(!): why else does Ward have to step OUT of Tony's way? Look carefully, he's stepping AWAY, not into Tony's path. Finally, these drivers are professionals, the track was well-lit and I'm sure that Tony saw Ward all the way, yet we have some ppl saying that these guys are blind as bats and somehow wasn't able to see Ward: can't have it both ways, are they professionals or are they blind fools that can barely operate their vehicles? To argue that Ward suddenly came out of nowhere to Tony is just silliness.

Looks bad for Tony.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #68
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
A lot of you ppl that voted for 'it's 100% Ward's fault' aren't thinking straight. Let's say some little kid or senile person wanders off onto the street on a red, so onto your street when it's green for you. It's the pedestrian's fault for wandering onto the street, but if you had enough time to avoid hitting the person, are you saying '[I]screw it, I can hit him no matter what without any repercussions, it's that person's fault for getting onto the street on red!!!!
Stupid, stupid analogy.

And your other analysis is way off. Only looks bad for Tony if you don't know the sport and the cars they are driving.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #69
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
I am guessing you have no idea about Tony and Delana. They are very close friends, it is a joke. Delana's husband now drives for Tony.
You're right I have no idea what goes on in this world - however, it is hard not to misconstrue an wide open ass grab like that in front of cameras and other people as a sense of entitlement and being able to get away with murder because you 'own' them financially.
Does Tiger Woods grab the other golfer's wives' ass? He may be a cheater but he doesn't think he is above any rules.
Dustin Johnson got in trouble with the PGA for messing with another golfer's marriage.. but I guess standards vary and it may be a smaller world not open to the view of outsiders but I guess this changes things and alot of dirt will be dug up no doubt.

btw look at the body language of everyone involved - everybody was extremely uncomfortable except for himself
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #70
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

However this goes, it's going to be a bloodly shit show.....
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #71
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
You're right I have no idea what goes on in this world - however, it is hard not to misconstrue an wide open ass grab like that in front of cameras and other people as a sense of entitlement and being able to get away with murder because you 'own' them financially.
Does Tiger Woods grab the other golfer's wives' ass? He may be a cheater but he doesn't think he is above any rules.
Dustin Johnson got in trouble with the PGA for messing with another golfer's marriage.. but I guess standards vary and it may be a smaller world not open to the view of outsiders but I guess this changes things and alot of dirt will be dug up no doubt.

btw look at the body language of everyone involved - everybody was extremely uncomfortable except for himself
Yet again, you are clueless to their relationship.

He doesn't own anyone. I mentioned her husband driving for Tony, because that was well before he signed her husband. If there was any ill feelings her husband would want nothing to do with Tony. Delana/Kevin are very close friends with Tony, it was a joke. Kevin was right there and saw it.

I can tell you don't follow the sport. Kevin is one of the top drivers in Nascar, he chose to drive for Tony. Says a lot, he could have gone to any team after leaving RCR.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #72
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
A lot of you ppl that voted for 'it's 100% Ward's fault' aren't thinking straight. Let's say some little kid or senile person wanders off onto the street on a red, so onto your street when it's green for you. It's the pedestrian's fault for wandering onto the street, but if you had enough time to avoid hitting the person, are you saying 'screw it, I can hit him no matter what without any repercussions, it's that person's fault for getting onto the street on red!!!! I'm in the clear!!!!'? Any half decent driver w/ any skill would try to avoid a crash to the best of his ability, nevermind a champion driver.
I think it may have been a mental lapse - the cut-throat way they go at each other in the game gets carried over into real life with real consequences.
I don't think he realizes what he's done - no one has ever told him NO before - yet there's no escaping this time he will have to sink back the planet earth
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #73
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

He doesn't own anyone. I mentioned her husband driving for Tony, because that was well before he signed her husband. If there was any ill feelings her husband would want nothing to do with Tony. Delana/Kevin are very close friends with Tony, it was a joke. Kevin was right there and saw it.

I can tell you don't follow the sport. Kevin is one of the top drivers in Nascar, he chose to drive for Tony. Says a lot, he could have gone to any team after leaving RCR.
Ass grab is ass grab to me. Unless he or she did the same thing to him - all the elements of a "joke" are missing. The discomfort of the offended parties makes it hard to conclude anything other than a boss/subordinate or bullying scenario.
Just my take.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:45 AM   #74
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Ass grab is ass grab to me. Unless he or she did the same thing to him - all the elements of a "joke" are missing. The discomfort of the offended parties makes it hard to conclude anything other than a boss/subordinate or bullying scenario.
Just my take.
They are smiling. What are you talking about? No parties were offended.

I guess you have to know more about Delana and Kevin to understand. Tony drove for Kevin's Nationwide team. Delana was the team boss/manager. He won a race, grabbing her ass pre-race as a joke. So it continued as a ritual. She never found it offensive. Matter of fact, Kevin is a well known prankster. He, Tony, and Delana go back and forth with stuff like this.

Their close relationship goes back a long time. Both Kevin and Tony driving for each other's teams. This video is really old news.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:00 AM   #75
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Stupid, stupid analogy.

And your other analysis is way off. Only looks bad for Tony if you don't know the sport and the cars they are driving.
What's so stupid about it? Care to dissect?

LOL, you seem to know-it-all. No wonder you defend Tony, similar personalities.

We'll see about the outcome. Strong words, the proud before the fall.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #76
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
They are smiling. What are you talking about? No parties were offended.

I guess you have to know more about Delana and Kevin to understand. Tony drove for Kevin's Nationwide team. Delana was the team boss/manager. He won a race, grabbing her ass pre-race as a joke. So it continued as a ritual. She never found it offensive. Matter of fact, Kevin is a well known prankster. He, Tony, and Delana go back and forth with stuff like this.

Their close relationship goes back a long time. Both Kevin and Tony driving for each other's teams. This video is really old news.
What a stupid X ritual. I'd love to have a 'ritual' where Tony Fs the wife for 'good luck'. What a prankster, yee haw!! Reminds me of those stupid prank videos where some pervert feels up some women or does some upskirt, the women get upset/angry and then the pervert shows the hidden camera as part of a TV show, then everyone is all smiles. Yep, no sexual assault there, it's just a joke/prank! Whew!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #77
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What a stupid X ritual. I'd love to have a 'ritual' where Tony Fs the wife for 'good luck'. What a prankster, yee haw!! Reminds me of those stupid prank videos where some pervert feels up some women or does some upskirt, the women get upset/angry and then the pervert shows the hidden camera as part of a TV show, then everyone is all smiles. Yep, no sexual assault there, it's just a joke/prank! Whew!!!
I have a hard time believing Tony and I are the only ones that have goosed chicks.

Seriously?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #78
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have a hard time believing Tony and I are the only ones that have goosed chicks.

Seriously?
Not the act of a gentleman, but one does not think of a gentleman when speaking of Tony Stewart.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #79
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:

Grabbing your friends ass in front of her husband is a joke? lol. This would end up badly if it was my wife. Tony would have been knocked out that is.
On the other hand, that woman was more than ok when he did that, so who knows what goes on between them. This doesnt look good for Tony. Again.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #80
su_maverick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M5 IS300

Regardless what anyone's personal opinion is, there should be an official investigation and that will determine fault in the matter.

That aside, I think a lot of blame needs to be placed on any racing governing body that does not have an explicit rule that all drivers must remain in their car unless in an emergency situation (fire, etc). Its just absurd to me that something like this is not on the books and that they did not immediately signal an all-stop as soon as he got onto the track. Driver, fan and track worker safety should be the #1 priority at all times.

Doesnt matter who caused the initial accident. It happens all the time during races and, if it was an incident where it was caused by improper driving of another car, then that can be solved by the governing body AFTER THE RACE. If Ward took issue with Stewart's driving, he could have addressed that AFTER THE RACE.

If anything comes from this, I hope that it is the immediate implementation of such a rule for all motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #81
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Didn't know this was already posted, but I refuse to believe anyone in this sport would INTENTIONALLY hit another human being with a vehicle. Most of these vehicles spend 80-90% of their time sideways. If it ain't on fire, stay in your car. Have the fight afterwards in the pits. Running at high speed traffic head-on? ANYTHING can happen. So sad to see him lose his life over this. Bottom line is, this would have never happened if he just stayed in his car. Let the facts and investigation confirm/answer the rest
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #82
su_maverick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M5 IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
Didn't know this was already posted, but I refuse to believe anyone in this sport would INTENTIONALLY hit another human being with a vehicle. Most of these vehicles spend 80-90% of their time sideways. If it ain't on fire, stay in your car. Have the fight afterwards in the pits. Running at high speed traffic head-on? ANYTHING can happen. So sad to see him lose his life over this. Bottom line is, this would have never happened if he just stayed in his car. Let the facts and investigation confirm/answer the rest
I agree and I think its appalling that it wasnt a rule for drivers at the time this incident occurred.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #83
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #84
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I have no clue about racing which is why I kept my mouth closed but I had to applaud this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #85
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is last thing Tony would ever want to happen to dirt track racing. Tony is one of the sports biggest advocates, even with the sport struggling to stay alive. Tracks are closing left and right. He bought one of the more well known tracks Eldora Speedway.

When Nascar driver Jason Leffler died last year at a dirt track race. Tony was devastated, as was the rest of the Nascar paddock. I can't imagine how he feels about another dirt track death and him being involved in it. He will be haunted from this for a very long time. The fact that some are saying he may have done this intentionally has to be adding to the hurt.

Last edited by M3WC; 08-12-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #86
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
You don't hear it? Impossible not to. At 35s you hear the motor rev the car accelerate and get a little sideways right before he runs Ward over. Seems very clear to me what happened. You can also see how much slower the other cars are traveling considering the race was under a yellow flag. Tony attempted to scare Ward and unintentionally killed him.
If this is true(and quite possible), Tony Stewart will have to live with that guilt for the rest of his life.
      08-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #87
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Makes me think about how James Hunt spent a lifetime accusing Ricardo Patresse of Ronnie Peterson's death.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #88
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
You don't hear it? Impossible not to. At 35s you hear the motor rev the car accelerate and get a little sideways right before he runs Ward over. Seems very clear to me what happened. You can also see how much slower the other cars are traveling considering the race was under a yellow flag. Tony attempted to scare Ward and unintentionally killed him.
If this is true(and quite possible), Tony Stewart will have to live with that guilt for the rest of his life.
Cell phone video, about a dozen cars on track, most closer than TS to the camera...how can one say it's Stewart's car revving? You can't with any confidence.