BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Joe Biden Launches Presidential Bid 2020

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2019, 11:41 AM   #507
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Nope. Typically political grandstanding that was later walked back with an explanation of what he "really meant". Everyone should have seen that coming a mile away.

Now, he would, IMO, have legitimate grounds to contest the validity of him being subpoenaed for Trump's impeachment trial and I could see him doing that.
Yea..I agree. But he would need have to forgo the argument that trump used executive privilege. I think we could both agree that the courts should be the arbiter in either case.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 03:59 PM   #508
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1855
Rep
2,718
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Yea..I agree. But he would need have to forgo the argument that trump used executive privilege. I think we could both agree that the courts should be the arbiter in either case.
If I was Biden my reason for refusal would be that he had exactly zero to do with the activities that got Trump impeached. Put the burden of proof back on the pubs.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #509
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
If I was Biden my reason for refusal would be that he had exactly zero to do with the activities that got Trump impeached. Put the burden of proof back on the pubs.
Umm..that's not the way the law works.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 08:06 AM   #510
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5000
Rep
4,224
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Yea..I agree. But he would need have to forgo the argument that trump used executive privilege. I think we could both agree that the courts should be the arbiter in either case.
I'm afraid I don't follow.

Biden would need to forgo the argument that Trump used executive privilege for what? Why would he need to forgo that argument?
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #511
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9037
Rep
8,023
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I'm afraid I don't follow.

Biden would need to forgo the argument that Trump used executive privilege for what? Why would he need to forgo that argument?
Having spent extensive time deciphering Lups-isms, I *think* he meant that Biden has no Executive Privilege he could call upon as a defense not to testify.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #512
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I'm afraid I don't follow.

Biden would need to forgo the argument that Trump used executive privilege for what? Why would he need to forgo that argument?
Trump did not allow some of his subordinates to testify at some of democratic committee investigations. And the dems railed against this (I believe that included Biden-maybe I am wrong).

So biden cannot criticize trump, when he (biden) said he would not honor a subpoena
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #513
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5000
Rep
4,224
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Trump did not allow some of his subordinates to testify at some of democratic committee investigations. And the dems railed against this (I believe that included Biden-maybe I am wrong).

So biden cannot criticize trump, when he (biden) said he would not honor a subpoena
Well, politicians can do all manner of hypocritical things - we see it every day. I take your point, though, and agree.

I'm betting that is a large part of why Biden has already walked his initial comments back.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #514
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8112
Rep
13,546
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)


Biden said he'd nominate Obama to the Supreme Court if 'he'd take it'.
Joe would want the former captain behind the most corrupt FBI and DOJ in history to serve on the SC. Not a joke.

In other news regarding Joe. I'm going out on the limb here.
Rudy is holding a detonator and Joe is the bomb.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #515
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Biden, "Anyone who can throw coal in a furnace can program"
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #516
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8112
Rep
13,546
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Biden, "Anyone who can throw coal in a furnace can program"
The most intelligent, imo, responds to the, imo, least intelligent.

“I get along very well with Joe, but I think it’s completely unrealistic and unproductive to even recommend that all Americans learn to code or all former coal miners learn to code,”
Yang.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #517
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8112
Rep
13,546
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

^
Pancake Joe.
Now he says he would consider Castro/Beto as Vp choices. Didn't Castro endorse Warren?
Oh my, pandercake.

He also said he would not allow Hunter to testify as a witness.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 10:34 AM   #518
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2148
Rep
5,721
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
No one likes Beto, probably not even his own wife.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #519
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Biden lumps trump in with the KKK. What a despicable fcking human being Biden is.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2179.00

      01-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #520
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8112
Rep
13,546
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

^
Democrats go to since forever.


Can't make it up. I dare you to try.

Biden campaign warns media about spreading 'malicious and conclusively debunked' claims during impeachment trial.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...d-conclusively

Sounds like a threat. Way to go Joe!
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 03:56 PM   #521
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9423
Rep
12,407
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
Democrats go to since forever.


Can't make it up. I dare you to try.

Biden campaign warns media about spreading 'malicious and conclusively debunked' claims during impeachment trial.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...d-conclusively

Sounds like a threat. Way to go Joe!
No John Solomon for Biden?
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #522
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
2179
Rep
1,577
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Biden lumps trump in with the KKK. What a despicable fcking human being Biden is.
“They’re gonna put y’all back in chains” J. Biden
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #523
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8112
Rep
13,546
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

I honestly can't believe that team Biden basically sent the media a cease and desist order and neither can the non-msm lapdogs.

Joe Biden is not in the clear on impeachment, and his campaign knows it.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...paign-knows-it

Joe's going to be blown up before November. Heck, by summer maybe.

*Rudy The Tooth*

I think people missed some important chatter a few months back because they're glued to the TV people...

"Rudy better know what he's doing and not get fooled by propaganda"
Lindsey Graham.

"What I have is not propaganda"
Rudy's reply via Twitter.

Imo, Joe is dead like Zed and the msm's, and here, character assasination attempts will end up being just more crow and egg samiches.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #524
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
9423
Rep
12,407
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I honestly can't believe that team Biden basically sent the media a cease and desist order and neither can the non-msm lapdogs.

Joe Biden is not in the clear on impeachment, and his campaign knows it.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...paign-knows-it

Joe's going to be blown up before November. Heck, by summer maybe.

*Rudy The Tooth*

I think people missed some important chatter a few months back because they're glued to the TV people...

"Rudy better know what he's doing and not get fooled by propaganda"
Lindsey Graham.

"What I have is not propaganda"
Rudy's reply via Twitter.

Imo, Joe is dead like Zed and the msm's, and here, character assasination attempts will end up being just more crow and egg samiches.
Nice opinion piece.

You're afraid of character assassination attempts, and you're the guy who backs Trump? That may be the richest thing I've heard on this forum in a while.

Lock her up?
Human scum?
Little hands?
Low energy?
Alfred E Newman?
Lyin' Ted?
Cheatin' Obama?
MS-lover Nancy? Really?????
Should I go on?
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2020, 07:12 AM   #525
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5000
Rep
4,224
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
Democrats go to since forever.


Can't make it up. I dare you to try.

Biden campaign warns media about spreading 'malicious and conclusively debunked' claims during impeachment trial.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...d-conclusively

Sounds like a threat. Way to go Joe!
Well, we certainly couldn't stand for someone in the White House threatening or intimidating the media, right?

Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 07:51 AM   #526
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2148
Rep
5,721
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-...o-games-2020-1 <--Going after that youth vote I see. Those 18-30s are sure to vote for you now!

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/21/j...drunk-driving/ <- Right...after coming here illegally it should be ok to drink and drive, get arrested for it, and not get deported. While we provide you a lawyer FOR FREE who tries to get you off the charges. Probably thinks you shouldn't be deported after murdering someone either.

This guy is a j o k e
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 08:29 AM   #527
adc100
Lieutenant Colonel
1659
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

A million were deported under his watch (many for minor felonies like) DUI) Cages were built. He is talking himself into oblivian. I used to think he would be hard to beat. No more. Jezus Joe go back to your fcking rocking chair.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:52 AM   #528
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
5609
Rep
2,142
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Biden is blithering these days and the rest of the candidates can't beat the Trump economy. So, we have the Dems impeaching to try and influence the election. Love the irony and liberal hypocrisy...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST