BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board lsturbointeg's garage build

09-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #89
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You put an aerator on the wall?!? Those suckers are heavy! Also, 3 years is not that long to wait for a $15k garage remodel...

Move to the midwest and you can likely buy one today.
IYup...the aerator was on the wall. It's on the floor now. It is pretty heavy so it'll remain on the floor. 3 years felt like forever before I can work on it lol!

You can get more house, sqft, and a big lot for alot cheaper than Cali or the East Coast. My house at the time it was put on the market first listed at $380k accordingto the agent. It didn't sell for 1.5 years. By the time we put the bid in the house was down to $300k. We put an offer for $280 and they agreed to $290. So the house sits on .63 acre and the house is 4250 sqft. The house is now $415k according to my agent if the house was sold before all the upgrades. With all the upgrades I've done the house would probably sell at $460-475k according to my agent. My house back in Temecula, CA was $250k back in 2004 sold for $375k when I left but the house sat on .25 acre 2300 sqft.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00
      09-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #90
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Nice work. Hope that gain is tax free.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #91
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Just coming through to say hey.

I 100% respect the US General box. I have a Craftsman myself that I used a severe influx of "congrats on your first house" money to buy, but all it does it hold tools. A Harbor Freight box is the same as a Snap On in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #92
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Addict View Post
Just coming through to say hey.

I 100% respect the US General box. I have a Craftsman myself that I used a severe influx of "congrats on your first house" money to buy, but all it does it hold tools. A Harbor Freight box is the same as a Snap On in my opinion.
a lot of YouTube reviews say the same thing. and most of these guys are all daily mechanics who decided to give these a shot and are quite pleased with the newer versions. even their service carts had great praise. For a DIY'er and Weekend Warrior mechanic this will do just fine. like you said, it just hold tools.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #93
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
a lot of YouTube reviews say the same thing. and most of these guys are all daily mechanics who decided to give these a shot and are quite pleased with the newer versions. even their service carts had great praise. For a DIY'er and Weekend Warrior mechanic this will do just fine. like you said, it just hold tools.
I am a fan and advocate of their floor jacks as well.

People say oh I wouldn't get under one, well you shouldn't get under any car just held by a floor jack.
Appreciate 1