BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board T-Mobile 20% off for life

Closed Thread

03-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #23
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
Yeet. I'm using Project Fi right now but I'll be in Turkey all summer, which T Mobile and Project Fi work in but T Mobile does unlimited data. 20% off couldn't hurt.
The more robust international coverage features (at least on paper) are exactly why I'm looking at switching to T-Mobile too from AT&T.

Sounds like a mixed bag coverage comparison-wise though.

When do you get to Turkey? Can you provide an update on how well it works there?

For anybody else with T-Mobile now, any coverage/quality opinions specific to the DC Metro area?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #24
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
The more robust international coverage features (at least on paper) are exactly why I'm looking at switching to T-Mobile too from AT&T.

When do you get to Turkey? Can you provide an update on how well it works there?
I'm leaving next week sometime (plans are still being finalized). I'll let you know. It'll be my sole internet out there so it should be interesting.

I overnighted the new SIM card so hopefully it'll come tomorrow and I can verify the code worked
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 01:26 PM   #25
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

For anybody else with T-Mobile now, any coverage/quality opinions specific to the DC Metro area?
I am not giving biased opinion here even though I am giving the codes. I had AT&T data plan before switching to T-Mobile when I was in D.C Metro area and honestly, I didn't notice a difference. I even had higher speed when doing SpeedTest rather than AT&T for LTE service so I was happy when I switched but that's my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #26
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:

The execs I provided with T-Mobile reported good service in all parts of the EU and Dubai. Even in Ibiza.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #27
guitarman1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 & 2004 325i

T-Mobile in the DC/Balt area

I've found T-mobile service and data speeds to be better than Verizon in the DC-Balt region. I have both services now on two different phones and T-mobile gets reception where Verizon does not and speed tests are faster on the upload. I think the better service could be due to Band12, which does a better job of penetrating buildings. The key to getting service on T-Mobile outside of metro areas is to make sure you have a phone that gets band 5, which uses AT&T signal to roam where there is no T-Mobile service. Found this to be true in West Virginia.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #28
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Today is last day to use the code. If anyone still wants one, PM me
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #29
M3V8X5V8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F15 X5 50i

Garage List
I know this promo is probably over but we just switched the whole family from AT&T to T-Mobile and have a really great representative over there. If you can send me the promo code I have a feeling we might be able to get it to apply. This would be huge!
      04-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #30
Bomb617
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 535i M-Sport

Quote:

My friend using T-Mobile last year went to Turkey last year and overall was happy of the coverage there. I exchange several message (iMessage) with him during his trip and I don't feel any lag. He told me it is actually 3G speed and not like 2G per T-Mobile, message, FB and some minor serving web is not a problem per his comment and he is happy with that...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #31
Bomb617
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 V8 View Post
I know this promo is probably over but we just switched the whole family from AT&T to T-Mobile and have a really great representative over there. If you can send me the promo code I have a feeling we might be able to get it to apply. This would be huge!
I also switch from AT&T (with them since Cingular and unlimited since iPhone 3G) and also taking advantage $100 for three limited lines early March. With the 20% off and kickbacks from the 2 lines, I am paying $60 a month for THREE unlimited. I am very happy with the coverage so far after a month of use. I am in SoCal (LA metro) and I drove all over different places and didn't notice much different compare to my AT&T. I am on my iPhone7+ so that might make a difference
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #32
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Already a T-Mobile customer, mostly for their awesome roaming plans.
I don't have service issues in the MIA/FLL/PBI area, but some other cities might. It is probably dependent on your area.

I travel to Canada and Mexico alot, where I get LTE coverage!
I was also in the UK, Norway, Belize, Grand Cayman, Haiti and I have 2G coverage which was good to check emails and do the odd thing.

I used to pay a ton in roaming, now it's been $0 in the past 1.5 yrs with TM.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #33
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Bad move. Don't do it. AT&T isn't great, but it's a lot better than Sprint and T-Mobile. There's a reason why it's cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #34
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Bad move. Don't do it. AT&T isn't great, but it's a lot better than Sprint and T-Mobile. There's a reason why it's cheaper.
Again, I have no affiliation with T-Mobile however, your statement is incorrect I switched to T-Mobile 3 years ago and I was happy ever after. Roaming anywhere in the world for free. In flight texting and internet usage. Unlimited HD plans. All in in price (no fees/taxes)..not to mention as well if usage ends up below 2GB, you get a refund!!

Regarding "that's why it is cheaper" AT&T and Verizon have better coverage because these guys have low band frequencies which allows better penetration therefore longer range in receiption whereas T-Mobile & Sprint have high band frequencies. Two towers by T-Mobile would need to be deployed in order to cover same area AT&T and verizon has in 1 tower. Read more (research) about it and you will understand
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #35
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Again, I have no affiliation with T-Mobile however, your statement is incorrect I switched to T-Mobile 3 years ago and I was happy ever after. Roaming anywhere in the world for free. In flight texting and internet usage. Unlimited HD plans. All in in price (no fees/taxes)..not to mention as well if usage ends up below 2GB, you get a refund!!
Aside from free international roaming, the rest of what you mention there can be had in one way or another on VZW or AT&T. In-flight texting and internet usage can be accomplished via any WiFi connection on board with either competing carrier. With AT&T, at least, if you don't use the data, it rolls over and you have a giant pool of extra available to you that doesn't expire, so you still get what you paid them for.

And just like AT&T and VZW's Unlimited plans, T-Mobile's isn't truly unlimited "HD 4G LTE" either (Gotta read that fine print):

Quote:
This offer is only for customers who received a text message between 9/7/16 and 9/14/16 notifying them. After 2/28/19, your current plan allotments will apply. If you do not currently receive Data Stash, you will continue to be ineligible for Data Stash with this offer. For questions about the offer call Customer Care at 1-877-453-1304. Offer rate plan name will be reflected on your bill within the next 2 bill cycles. Coverage not available in some areas. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for data management details.
These are the same restrictions AT&T and VZW impose on the subscribers of their Unlimited plans. T-Mobile is permitted to exercise this clause however they see fit on whomever they want at any time.

Quote:
Regarding "that's why it is cheaper" AT&T and Verizon have better coverage because these guys have low band frequencies which allows better penetration therefore longer range in receiption whereas T-Mobile & Sprint have high band frequencies. Two towers by T-Mobile would need to be deployed in order to cover same area AT&T and verizon has in 1 tower. Read more (research) about it and you will understand
You, literally, just told us all how his statement is correct.

So what was the point of your post here again?

Last edited by davis449; 04-06-2017 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #36
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Aside from free international roaming, the rest of what you mention there can be had in one way or another on VZW or AT&T. In-flight texting and internet usage can be accomplished via any WiFi connection on board with either competing carrier. With AT&T, at least, if you don't use the data, it rolls over and you have a giant pool of extra available to you that doesn't expire, so you still get what you paid them for.

And just like AT&T and VZW's Unlimited plans, T-Mobile's isn't truly unlimited "HD 4G LTE" either (Gotta read that fine print):

These are the same restrictions AT&T and VZW impose on the subscribers of their Unlimited plans. T-Mobile is permitted to exercise this clause however they see fit on whomever they want at any time.

You, literally, just told us all how his statement is correct.

So what was the point of your post here again?

Dude...I don't want to turn this thread about which one is better neither I do want to waste more of my time on these discussions. Get what you want and be happy with it.

I had few codes to share for anyone who wanted to switch and the deal is over so let it be ... lets just let this thread die...
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
Closed Thread