BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What warm climate state best to live ??

03-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #111
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac1 View Post
From my research me and my wife like most Texas for a now, but still looking. Definitely I need to travel there for a week at least and see how is it.
We're full.

Jk.
Several of my friends are from London. They've become Texans, if you will, and still enjoy visiting London but have said they will never move back. It gets hot as hell here from july - Oct. It's just the way it is.
Dallas is my choice while in Texas. Native Texan.
It will be a bit of a shock coming from nj. We are as different as night and day.
      03-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #112
Zajac1
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
We're full.

Jk.
Several of my friends are from London. They've become Texans, if you will, and still enjoy visiting London but have said they will never move back. It gets hot as hell here from july - Oct. It's just the way it is.
Dallas is my choice while in Texas. Native Texan.
It will be a bit of a shock coming from nj. We are as different as night and day.
I'm not afraid to jump into new lifestyle like Texas.I heard many good things about TX instead of NJ. People in Nj are rude, many of young generation people doesn't even say Good morning etc., just treating you like shit, it's dirty in most places, high taxes, traffics all over with many crazy, mean drivers.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #113
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ like I said, night and day.
There's a stampede of people coming here. Some are nice and some are rude twits. That's unavoidable, but native Texans, in general, are on the quite side. Talking loudly and waving your arms around will get you some stares. Sort of a 'what the hell is wrong with you?' stare.
Yes sir and yes ma'am are the norm here.

Good luck!
      03-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #114
Buddy628
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 Msport, MB GLK250

Just giving my observations of over 20 yrs of living in NC. I have lived in several places and there are things I like and things I didn't just being honest. We preferred the food in Ohio (grew up in Cincy spent 12yrs in Cleveland) compared to NC, MD and GA. But the winters in NE Ohio are ugly and long so we left. The nickel and dime comes from a comparison of our finances from Maryland vs NC over a two year period I did not compare Ohio's cause I was single then. Again just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #115
thegump
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirenarora View Post
Mississippi

We are last in everything
As an Alabamian, we always say "thank god for Mississippi"
Appreciate 1
Zajac1259.50
      03-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #116
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegump View Post
As an Alabamian, we always say "thank god for Mississippi"
Alabama...it's Mississippi with shoes...
Appreciate 2
Zajac1259.50
thegump73.50
      03-31-2017, 03:11 AM   #117
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Norway.

Cheers
Al Gore
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17962.50
      04-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #118
BM235iW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black Sapphire M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhavok View Post
I have it on good authority that California knows how to party, so that's something to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross61 View Post
Stay out of California!!!

I was born and raised there and it's politics are nucking futs!!!

As someone currently in NJ, you might see things a little better there but find yourself a free state (north or mid AZ for example) and you will understand freedom!!

First thing I did leaving was to head into a gun store in Yuma (Sprauge's?) and bought what I wanted to - legally - because I wanted to. Wife didn't understand and thought I was seriously crazy until she was here for about six months. Then she "stole" my Sig P232 as her daily carry and grins like the Cheshire Cat when she sees me open a gift wrapped box of 30 rd AR-15 magazines.

Now if I could get her to sit in a deer stand with me and notscare the deer cause "they're soooo cute." Soon those four legged rats will get to her roses and then it'll be game on - I hope.
I'm 65 and have lived in California for 64 years. I completely agree wit your assessment with more commentary.
I've just retired, cannot afford to live in California anymore. Gasoline taxes are increasing, not to pay for road repairs but to pay for government worker retirements. Housing costs are insane, income taxes are insane, auto insurance is insane and the crime rates are increasing by double digits (Los Angeles County).
Moving out ASP just not sure where yet. Love the weather but the cost is too high.
Appreciate 1
Zajac1259.50
      04-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #119
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Recently visited Palm Springs and loved it. Aside from the obvious heat, what are the pros and cons? considering buying a vacation property in the Springs to offset the shitty rain season of Vancouver.

Also considering Scottsdale or Phoenix.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #120
BM235iW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black Sapphire M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Recently visited Palm Springs and loved it. Aside from the obvious heat, what are the pros and cons? considering buying a vacation property in the Springs to offset the shitty rain season of Vancouver.

Also considering Scottsdale or Phoenix.
My sister lives in Palm Springs, it gets hot there, really close to a city called Thermal. The name says it all. When the wind is blowing, instant sand blasting of your car removing your paint, pitting your chrome and windshield.
California in a few months WILL have the highest price of gasoline in the Nation because of a huge gas tax increase (at the moment second only to Hawaii, not for long). Car insurance is outrages, seventh highest in the nation. Income taxes are among the highest in the nation (+/- 13%). The police in the big cities suck, don't expect to be safe (you're denied any second amendment guarantees).
But if you're still willing to live in California, I know of one home to be available and probably more, many of my friends that are retiring are leaving the state like me.
Appreciate 1
Zajac1259.50
      04-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #121
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

When given the choice to live anywhere in the country I was between Denver, Austin and Raleigh. All incredible options (well you could scratch off Denver if you don't want to see any cold).

I went with Raleigh because it's a reasonable place, not too big or too small. Cost of living is extremely reasonable, huge education/tech/health/biotech hub so career options are always abundant. 2.5 hours to the mountains, 1.5 to the beach, 1.5 to VIR. Taxes aren't the most friendly of the southern states, but laughable if you're coming from NJ already. Great college sports action with UNC/Duke/NC State all right in the area.

The major concern is that it is still growing very rapidly and they never bothered to figure out that whole public transportation thing. Definitely put it on the short list, I haven't found a compelling reason to leave yet (Austin is incredible though).
Zajac1259.50
      04-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #122
Zajac1
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i MT

Thank you all for opinions/reviews. My plan to move out not gonna happen now or in few months, but slowly I need to close some things here in NJ and save more money to feel safe anywhere I will move just in case for better, easier start.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #123
lexamckenzie
Rep
Drives: Gray Honda Civiv Hatchback

I would suggest Florida as it is a subtropical state in US.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #124
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Mass.....It's hot as hell today )
Appreciate 0