BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Almost got arrested for reckless driving/racing, etc…

04-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #23
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
These officers were looking to instigate or create a situation that just was not warranted. If the person pulled over would not been calm or had very little common sense story could have ended differently. Why do police assume everyone has a fucking gun or a weapon? If somebody with a gun is looking to shoot an officer, 9/10 times they will shoot right away and not wait to be asked if they have a weapon. I dont need a gun to feel safe lol and both of my siblings who live in Miami say the same exact thing..
When you deal with criminals most of the time, would you rather just assume they do right off the back, or give everyone the benefit of the doubt and maybe not make it home to your family at the end of the day, when someone does have a gun and tries to kill you.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #24
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Should've offered them a Pepsi.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #25
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
When you deal with criminals most of the time, would you rather just assume they do right off the back, or give everyone the benefit of the doubt and maybe not make it home to your family at the end of the day, when someone does have a gun and tries to kill you.
I would rather assume they do, no arguing with ya there.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #26
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i/ 09 E92 335i

I was pulled over a few years ago for suspected DWI but I passed the sobriety test and was let go. Even though I had 3 patrol cars that showed up and kind of made it look like there was a big drug bust in progress at 3:30am, the officers were pretty cool to talk to and did comment that I was respectful and they appreciated that I understood what they were doing and why and it makes them feel more at ease with me overall as opposed to some of their past experiences and ended up sharing a few instances which were honestly pretty scary to hear to but they sounded as if its a part of their job.

I guess it depends a whole lot on the Officer's individual personality and their past experience with law enforcement as well overall.
Having a hectic work life, sitting in a front of a laptop with multiple screens, attending meetings and calling it a day is stressful but showing up to work and not knowing if you would make it back home to your family in one piece the same day or show up on the breaking news because of a traffic stop gone wrong is another thing altogether.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #27
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Seems like hyper-aggressive policing to me, including pulling next to your car (should have flashed lights first as it's impossible to tell if a cop during the dark..could be someone trying to harass you). Maybe just the hands out the window put them off (rather than leaving on the wheel), but still no need to do a whole inquisition afterwards.

Pretty amateurish if you ask me. Surprised that cops in a large city (Miami) would behave this way, usually professionalism tends to be higher.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 08:27 AM   #28
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Sedan_Clan , your thoughts on bringing this 78 yr old thread back to life.
Appreciate 0