BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Hungarian GP - Budapest (Aug 4)

08-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #45
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
LH lays down the marker, great strategy and pumping in crazy laps, he would have had him on the track if not for that mistake. Good drive by max, bring on the schumi 91 wins
Well said - MB's strategy to covertly pit HAM caught RB out....big time....looking back, if RB would have pitted VER immediately, perhaps VER could have caught HAM at mid-race distance and the two would have settled it themselves....as it turned out, the P1 car ran out of the consumable (tires) and the P2 car had slightly fresher consumables....and massive kudos to HAM for performing consecutive fast-laps to catch and pass P1....agreed - 91 wins is imminent.
      08-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #46
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
M Power Belgium, you done saying Max will beat Lewis in the same car?
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
yco5722.50
mk1-fan581.00
      08-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #47
CooLeh7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

LEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWIS LEWISLEWIS

Masterclass. Gave the young pretenders a lesson.
Appreciate 3
      08-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
what a race.. for a while i doubt James' decision pretty much also.. its nice to see HAM winning again.. and Vettel.. no hugs for team members.. looking pretty disconnected wondering what kinda mood he is in really..
About Ferrari . Ferrari had some work to do ! Both Ferraris had issues in Hockenheim with the oilpump pressure of the motor.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #49
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...
Well stated, my friend.
But it's not that just Lewis is bullet fast with the Merc...He's bullet fast in anything. He is the GOAT. When he closed the gap from 6+ seconds to being on the gearbox of VER in less than 5 or 6 laps, I knew it was over.

Max did all he could and he is the 2nd best on the grid, no doubt. He and Lewis RAN from the field in a manner that was just disturbing for the rest of the paddock. The 2 best drivers getting the best out of their cars.

This is the Formula One I fell in love with as a 10 year old kid!

Cheers, my dear friend!!
MK
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #50
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Negative . I never said that . Lewis said in his latest interview , he would like to have MAX as teammate with Mercedes . Lewis said , by this.. I could show I'm the better driver in the same car .

Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5362.00
      08-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #51
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Ahh, thought it was you who said Max would beat Lewis in the Merc.

The times the Merc looked faster than the Redbull was just when the Merc was on fresher tires. Otherwise, the cars seemed pretty even as evidenced in qualifying.

Though the pit stop strategy was thrilling, I think the most thrilling part of the race was how ridiculously fast Lewis caught Max after his first pit stop. It caught everyone off guard. The commentators were like holy shit once the camera changed. Lewis went from 6 seconds behind to .6 seconds. Not sure if that was Max caught napping or Lewis being Lewis.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Ahh, thought it was you who said Max would beat Lewis in the Merc.

The times the Merc looked faster than the Redbull was just when the Merc was on fresher tires. Otherwise, the cars seemed pretty even as evidenced in qualifying.

Though the pit stop strategy was thrilling, I think the most thrilling part of the race was how ridiculously fast Lewis caught Max after his first pit stop. It caught everyone off guard. The commentators were like holy shit once the camera changed. Lewis went from 6 seconds behind to .6 seconds. Not sure if that was Max caught napping or Lewis being Lewis.
What I said about LEWIS you can read in #22 on this page => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638448
The interview with LEWIS was translated in Dutch ...

Again... LEWIS was the fastest driver (bullet fast) in this race . Great driver in a great car .
Congrats for LEWIS !

Can't wait for the next battle in *Spa-Francorchamps* (september 1)
Welcome to Belgium...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EdM53854.50
MKSixer34171.50
      08-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #53
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
What I said about LEWIS you can read in #22 on this page => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638448
The interview with LEWIS was translated in Dutch ...

Again... LEWIS was the fastest driver (bullet fast) in this race . Great driver in a great car .
Congrats for LEWIS !

Welcome to Belgium...
next F1 race topic is yours then mate..
you ll be on the track i guess?
      08-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #54
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #55
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:

I would say Max and Lewis drove equally well today. Neither made any mistakes, and both pushed to the limit of the cars.

Merc still has the upper hand, and I think will remain the favourite this year. Next year though, is going to be very interesting, as I think it will a year long fight between Max and Lewis for the title. I suspect Ferrari is not going to be in contention this year or next. They seem to go from bad to worse every race.

As for what will happen in 2021, is anyone's guess, as the rules will change massively.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #56
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
next F1 race topic is yours then mate..
you ll be on the track i guess?
My friend ,I'll let the *Spa-Francorchamps* topic/thread also in your hands . I can see you're doing it very well

Ohhhh...I would love to go @Spa (80 min. from my home) but with my 24/7 big responsibility at the company it's impossible for me .
Over there (Spa) and the Belgian Ardennes , the nature ,little rivers ,and the countless twisty roads through the forests are just fantastic to drive .My ///M3 @8200 rpm's loves it over there and on the track as well

As you guys clearly can see why I'm a die-hard fan from MAX is because I'm following MAX already when he was only 4 at the kart track from Genk , where he showed us his unbelievable driver skills . MAX won everything !
Max is born in Hasselt (Belgium) 15 min. from my home.He always said ..I'm born to race !
And what MAX showed us in the last 2 years is only the beginning , the Honda-spec4 motor test results are really promising regarding power (HP) output !
I believe in him...

Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
MKSixer34171.50
Poiseuille5362.00
      08-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
Yeah I know my friend . Today LEWIS was Superman in Superman's car ...
Normally MAX will get a new Superboost in Monza from the new Honda spec4 motor .
At least....Let us hope . Think it's really required from what LEWIS showed us today....

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Poiseuille5362.00
      08-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #58
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
I would say Max and Lewis drove equally well today. Neither made any mistakes, and both pushed to the limit of the cars.

Merc still has the upper hand, and I think will remain the favourite this year. Next year though, is going to be very interesting, as I think it will a year long fight between Max and Lewis for the title. I suspect Ferrari is not going to be in contention this year or next. They seem to go from bad to worse every race.

As for what will happen in 2021, is anyone's guess, as the rules will change massively.
I agree . But LEWIS his first attempt to overtake was ......
OFC Merc's power and LEWIS was like an upperclass !
I think it's for next year or with the Honda spec4 motor in Monza but actually it's not possible in Monza by the grid penalty . So , probably in Singapore .

On the other hand ...I heard rumors (inside information) about Exxon-Mobile (MAX was there) They will come with a new fuel blend to feed the new Honda spec4 motor . Exxon-Mobile said from the tests ..Each lap at least - 0.5 sec. !
Let us hope ...

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #59
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:

Welcome to Belgium...
Greatest race track in the world.
      08-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #60
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
This is abject nonsense. The RB is, and has always been, a brilliant handling car; it is after all a ‘child’ of Newey’s.

The issue has been until the last month or so a lack of hp, which has now been rectified by Honda. At this point in time, and certainly at the H’ring, the RB was equal to, and probably faster than the MB. Look at the lap times for qualifying and when both cars were on equal tyres of approximately the same age.

What we saw today was a brilliant strategy by MB that RB failed to match quickly, and a drive by Hamilton who is without a doubt the F1 GOAT. To deny that beggars belief.

However, Max drove a great race and he is maturing quickly. He, along with LeClerc; Norris; Russel, etc are the future of F1 for sure, and Max will be a future many time WDC for sure, unless he makes career choices like Alonso.

A great race!
Appreciate 1
EdM53854.50
      08-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #61
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Quote:
This is abject nonsense. The RB is, and has always been, a brilliant handling car; it is after all a ‘child’ of Newey’s.

The issue has been until the last month or so a lack of hp, which has now been rectified by Honda. At this point in time, and certainly at the H’ring, the RB was equal to, and probably faster than the MB. Look at the lap times for qualifying and when both cars were on equal tyres of approximately the same age.

What we saw today was a brilliant strategy by MB that RB failed to match quickly, and a drive by Hamilton who is without a doubt the F1 GOAT. To deny that beggars belief.

However, Max drove a great race and he is maturing quickly. He, along with LeClerc; Norris; Russel, etc are the future of F1 for sure, and Max will be a future many time WDC for sure, unless he makes career choices like Alonso.

A great race!
so Bish, have you considered decaf?
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #62
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Greatest race track in the world.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Poiseuille5362.00
      08-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #63
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Another awesome race, 4 in a row. Brilliant strategy by Mercedes. Good clean driving (little cheeky by Leclerc but eh, Bottas had already messed himself up). No matter who you are a fan of you couldn't ask for much better. Well maybe except for Ferrari fans. Bright side for them though is that they didn't end up getting lapped?

I'm surprised that RBR wasn't sitting ready to react to the Merc call. The way Hamilton came out on the hards - its like Merc knew they were going to stop again. Hamilton pushed it so hard early on those tires I don't think there was any way (or intention) they would last to the end. Mission was to setup for the undercut or if RBR doesn't pit then no way their tires would last and just drive around Max. Good data from Bottas going to hards early didn't hurt either. Great strategy, excellent driving, excellent execution. They are the best for a reason.

I don't think either Max or Lewis could pass the other without the large tire disparity. Hopefully the second half keeps this run of good racing going.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #64
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Another awesome race, 4 in a row. Brilliant strategy by Mercedes. Good clean driving (little cheeky by Leclerc but eh, Bottas had already messed himself up). No matter who you are a fan of you couldn't ask for much better. Well maybe except for Ferrari fans. Bright side for them though is that they didn't end up getting lapped?

I'm surprised that RBR wasn't sitting ready to react to the Merc call. The way Hamilton came out on the hards - its like Merc knew they were going to stop again. Hamilton pushed it so hard early on those tires I don't think there was any way (or intention) they would last to the end. Mission was to setup for the undercut or if RBR doesn't pit then no way their tires would last and just drive around Max. Good data from Bottas going to hards early didn't hurt either. Great strategy, excellent driving, excellent execution. They are the best for a reason.

I don't think either Max or Lewis could pass the other without the large tire disparity. Hopefully the second half keeps this run of good racing going.
Negative my friend !

It wasn't the Merc's tires strategy . It was *Gasly's* fault that MAX didn't won the race ! MKSixer ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #65
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Negative my friend !

It wasn't the Merc's tires strategy . It was *Gasly's* fault that MAX didn't won the race ! MKSixer ?
It was the best race and I just found out from an interview that Lewis was lifting and coasting for large parts of the race to keep things cool then attack again.

This was a masterclass demonstration by the 2 best racers in F1 now.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #66
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It was the best race and I just found out from an interview that Lewis was lifting and coasting for large parts of the race to keep things cool then attack again.

This was a masterclass demonstration by the 2 best racers in F1 now.
The best has won today . No doubt , AMEN !
MAX had zero chance today , even with a second pitstop it was not possible for him to keep up with HAMS pace .

Without our 2 drivers ...There wouldn't be a race today !

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50