BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Happy Valentine's Day Thread

02-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #199
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Nah as above had nice night in with wife.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 02:19 AM   #200
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Extra seasoning, Yum!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #201
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Where's Joekerr ? Maybe shopping for a vacuum cleaner as a VD present?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I think he settled on a nice Ironing Board/Iron/Steamer combination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Actually, he decided to get her a motorcycle instead.
Actually we were on vacation (with the kids) at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara...but I see how this is...you all pile on when I'm gone and can't defend myself. Well done. I'm back now though! And my besmirched reputation will stand no longer.

I actually got her a mode of conveyance, being the nice sort that I am.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #202
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Actually we were on vacation (with the kids) at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara...but I see how this is...you all pile on when I'm gone and can't defend myself. Well done. I'm back now though! And my besmirched reputation will stand no longer.

Let's get something straight. I started this by sincerely missing you, everyone else piled on.

Hope you enjoyed vacation with the family.
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #203
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

It's a sound and handsome craft. You went with a traditional design - no fairing, no flashy trim. Well played.
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #204
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It's a sound and handsome craft. You went with a traditional design - no fairing, no flashy trim. Well played.
Why thank you! I find it allows her to make a stealthy approach on her unsuspecting prey...namely me.

She actually did recently ask me to hand her the broom for something or other, and as I did so, I asked her if she was going for a ride.

She looked confused for a few seconds and then looked like she wanted to hit me with the broom. But by that time I had made large steps in the opposite direction so I was out of range.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-18-2020, 10:16 AM   #205
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Let's get something straight. I started this by sincerely missing you, everyone else piled on.

Hope you enjoyed vacation with the family.
We did, thank you. Some good water slides there for young kids, sadly, none of mine are over 48" so there were some restrictions on which slides they could go on, but as long as the oldest was accompanied by me or my wife, he was able to go on pretty much all of them aside from two slides.

One of which was pretty much a free fall where the you stand on this platform and they shut the door which encloses you in the tube and then the floor drops out and you feel like you are falling and then it angles out into full horizontal to slow you down and then a normal slide after that more or less, but you are moving so fast from the fall that it is over in a few seconds. I can't say I found it overly enjoyable, but I did it anyways. My oldest was certainly not going to do such a slide anyways, so he didn't miss out there.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #206
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
It's a classic with a sleek and functional design that speaks to my soul.

Quote:
Why thank you! I find it allows her to make a stealthy approach on her prey...namely me.

She actually did recently ask me to hand her the broom for something or other, and as I did so, I asked her if she was going for a ride.

She looked confused for a few seconds and then looked like she wanted to hit me with the broom. But by that time I had made large steps in the opposite direction so I was out of range.
Dead man walking.

Start checking your belongings for hex bags. I'm not kidding. Oh...Dibs on your Stuff once you're comatose, dead, or worse. UncleWede and shoei can pick over the remains.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #207
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
But by that time I had made large steps in the opposite direction so I was out of range.
Yeah, that's the kind of thing you want to say when you're already at full stride.

I think it's cool you can tease and kid around like that. You're a lucky guy. If my assessment is incorrect, just remember RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
Joekerr7926.00
      02-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #208
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Dead man walking.
People have made that claim about me many times in the past. And yet, here I am. Living, incontrovertible proof that they were wrong.

Perhaps I'm just a very lovable sort. And despite what I put her through, she loves me anyways. She really is an amazing wife to be honest, I'll fully admit I'm not easy to live with.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #209
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that's the kind of thing you want to say when you're already at full stride.

I think it's cool you can tease and kid around like that. You're a lucky guy. If my assessment is incorrect, just remember RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
I was counting on the first few seconds to get up to speed, fortunately, I was not wrong.

No, I am lucky to be sure. We are both Christians and we made a covenant before God that we're in this for better or worse and till death do us part, and God is the grounding part, the part we always come back to when we hit bumps in the marriage, because it definitely isn't without bumps and times when we are upset with each other. But I truly think it is the fact that God is at the center that allows us to not let the bumps drive a wedge between us, the fact that we both go back to that time and time again.

One thing that drives me nuts is that she cares way too deeply what others think of her as a person. Not in the sense of fashion or anything, or the latest car (she likes that stuff to a degree as long as it doesn't cost too much, but not in love with it), but whether they like her or not. Whereas me, I really couldn't care less if you don't like me. I'm still going to be me, because I like me, and I don't allow others opinions to measure my sense of self worth. I learned that in high school the hard way.

But admittedly, after 10 years of me chipping away at this with her, I honestly don't think I'm any farther ahead then when I started. I don't think I'll ever change her, so I might just admit defeat here and just ride the ups and downs, even though it mostly feels like downs since she really doesn't have any friends so she constantly thinks nobody likes her. Its depressing for me, so I can only imagine much more for her. I'm just hoping with her going down to half time work that she'll have time to make friends now - I'd really love to see her make one or two close friends that she hangs out with...that would be awesome.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15579.50
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00
      02-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #210
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was counting on the first few seconds to get up to speed, fortunately, I was not wrong.

No, I am lucky to be sure. We are both Christians and we made a covenant before God that we're in this for better or worse and till death do us part, and God is the grounding part, the part we always come back to when we hit bumps in the marriage, because it definitely isn't without bumps and times when we are upset with each other. But I truly think it is the fact that God is at the center that allows us to not let the bumps drive a wedge between us, the fact that we both go back to that time and time again.

One thing that drives me nuts is that she cares way too deeply what others think of her as a person. Not in the sense of fashion or anything, or the latest car (she likes that stuff to a degree as long as it doesn't cost too much, but not in love with it), but whether they like her or not. Whereas me, I really couldn't care less if you don't like me. I'm still going to be me, because I like me, and I don't allow others opinions to measure my sense of self worth. I learned that in high school the hard way.

But admittedly, after 10 years of me chipping away at this with her, I honestly don't think I'm any farther ahead then when I started. I don't think I'll ever change her, so I might just admit defeat here and just ride the ups and downs, even though it mostly feels like downs since she really doesn't have any friends so she constantly thinks nobody likes her. Its depressing for me, so I can only imagine much more for her. I'm just hoping with her going down to half time work that she'll have time to make friends now - I'd really love to see her make one or two close friends that she hangs out with...that would be awesome.
I'm envious, sir. I'm glad you're grateful for what you've been given, and that you honor the commitment you made. And your empathy for your wife is admirable. Seems like you realize that it doesn't affect you directly, but it bums you out 'cause it's hard to watch someone you love struggling through something.
MKSixer34171.50
      02-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #211
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:

No, I am lucky to be sure. We are both Christians and we made a covenant before God that we're in this for better or worse and till death do us part
You realize that when she kills you, the ‘till death do us part’ provision in the contract is fulfilled, yeah?
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15579.50
upstatedoc7555.50
Joekerr7926.00
      02-18-2020, 11:08 PM   #212
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:

No, I am lucky to be sure. We are both Christians and we made a covenant before God that we're in this for better or worse and till death do us part
You realize that when she kills you, the ‘till death do us part’ provision in the contract is fulfilled, yeah?
Why do you think MKSixer keeps egging him on? He's salivating over his potential windfall...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #213
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Why do you think MKSixer keeps egging him on? He's salivating over his potential windfall...
Stop revealing my secrets!!!!

Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15579.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-19-2020, 05:36 AM   #214
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

Your wife and mine sound exactly the same. She's a natural introvert, but will think because someone didn't speak to her in passing that they don't like her. I really can't understand her reasoning process after all these years, but like you I could care less about what others think of me. I put things out there as I see it....and while I am mindful of other people...I have a big personality in person.

She has a few close friends and that's it. Other than that, she prefers animals and donates a lot of her time at shelters working with them.
      02-19-2020, 08:16 AM   #215
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I'll be honest...after I read this I probably looked exactly like your avatar. It's a good point...one I should keep in mind!
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17877.00
      02-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #216
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Happy VD (Valentine's Day). Spread the Joy-2021!!

Once again, the time is upon us!!

While my continuing crusade to shorten, 'Happy Valentine's Day', to, "Happy VD-Spread the Joy", is a little late this year, it remains a critical item for all of us to consider.

How wrong is it that this holiday is biased for the ladies to whom anyone can say, Happy Valentine's Day when the same greeting to a fellow man is likely to get you punched in the mouth or worse?

This isn't right.

Firstly, it's too long. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY is 6 freaking syllables. SIX. Happy VD is only 4. And if you tack on "Spread the Joy", it's only 3 additional syllables which means it more bang for the buck. We all like banging for bucks and who doesn't want to spread joy?!?!

My fellow old-school BP-OT'ers and especially the FNG's, I ask you to take up this mantle and spread joy by telling every loved one, "Happy VD - Spread the Joy" and if you want to take it to the next level...tell every stranger and passer-by.

Let's make this a better world by spreading joy.

Happy VD, everyone - Spread the Joy!!

Cheers-mk

But wait, there's more!!

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-12-2021 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: I forgot something critical!!
Appreciate 6
kscarrol8778.50
cmyx6go15579.50
Murf99314114.00
King Rudi13152.00
AlexFL7833.00
      02-12-2021, 09:02 AM   #217
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i prefer the other video
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #218
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Happy VD Day. But don't you guys have March 14th.....

Name:  VD.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  32.3 KB
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-12-2021, 09:24 AM   #219
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i prefer the other video
I'm not even watching it. My eyes are still bleeding from the one with the guy and the horse....
nyalpine907384.50
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      02-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #220
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Happy VD Day. But don't you guys have March 14th.....

Attachment 2527228
March 14th is super important holiday. And women should be somewhat grateful even - there is no guessing as to what we want, or time spent trying to find the perfect gift. We spelled it right out for women everywhere. Unlike Valentine's day.

But we don't celebrate either holiday really.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15579.50
MKSixer34171.50