BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board What's that? You wanna chit chat? Welcome to the whore thread!

Closed Thread

04-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #26159
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
stuff
Dude...I just saw the F13 thread.

My god that frozen silver is a BEAST. WTF.

jtodd_fl have you seen it?
The good ol days when I was killing Mother Earth
      04-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #26160
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Heh... thanks. It is mostly because I am repressed and cannot say half the shit I think lest I be shunned, fired, divorced and/or murdered (depending on situation). I have learned a type of intellectual judo... using peoples own comments or positions as the basis of a counterargument. According to people that care enough to tell me the truth, it is apparently absolutely infuriating in real life circumstances. Plus, I negotiate for a living.
Sometimes, I really wonder where I'd be if you were actually my real dad. That is outstanding logic.

I'd honestly probably be like Mr.SugarSkulls by now.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #26161
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Yes... pretend to be completely ambivalent about everything they hold so dear...
"So... all you others that got this, what are you going to do with? Did you find someone to take it? You gonna just keep it for a DD beater?"

I actually like the car though (obv). Have you seen one in real life yet? It does truly look better in the metal.

I hope to see one soon! Perhaps next month or so. I see many people are starting to receive theirs.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #26162
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post

I went poking around... could not identify thread. Linky por favor?
      04-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #26163
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
si!

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...t=post+your+m6

I literally searched "post your M6" since there is no "photo/media" gallery over there. Damned rich people.

I am also pleasantly surprised to see that many of those cars (including Mr.SugarSkulls are 6MT! How cool.

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #26164
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

EDIT: It was frozen Silverstone, not frozen white. My bad! Lol.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #26165
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Quote:
Heh... thanks. It is mostly because I am repressed and cannot say half the shit I think lest I be shunned, fired, divorced and/or murdered (depending on situation). I have learned a type of intellectual judo... using peoples own comments or positions as the basis of a counterargument. According to people that care enough to tell me the truth, it is apparently absolutely infuriating in real life circumstances. Plus, I negotiate for a living.
Sometimes, I really wonder where I'd be if you were actually my real dad. That is outstanding logic.

I'd honestly probably be like Mr.SugarSkulls by now.
By being like me, you mean charming handsome and tattoo'd right?
      04-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #26166
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

Ahhhh...my old bbygirl. Her name was Renata Maria
Attached Images

04-20-2016, 07:54 AM   #26167
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
si!

I literally searched "post your M6" since there is no "photo/media" gallery over there. Damned rich people.

I am also pleasantly surprised to see that many of those cars (including Mr.SugarSkulls are 6MT! How cool.
They don't need a photo gallery, they will have their staff find whatever pictures they are looking for. "Jeeves, I want to see a frozen signal green M6. If you cannot find a photo, go order one, then return it after you get some photos. That is all for now. Leave me."

That is a sweet car Mr.SugarSkulls I have been thinking about going for a bigger more "muscular" type of car. So far, my objective is to get smaller and quicker, but I have eyed the M6 a few times. So gorgeous and powerful (like 1MOREMOD #nohomo). I think I may get my fix on something like that after my daughter goes off to school. My problem now is that I will eventually have to give something up... so far, I have just been keeping everything. I just need to become MKSixer so I can buy the house next door and turn it into a parking garage. I am sure the neighbors won't mind.
      04-20-2016, 07:55 AM   #26168
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
By being like me, you mean charming handsome and tattoo'd right?
Fuck! What else is left if I already have that stuff?

An aside: finally going to get my sleeve filled in on June 25th. It's not a fully cohesive piece, just the individual components dedicated to mom, but going for a galaxy/stars/dots/moons filler. Debating whether or not to go for a motorsport/automotive/bio-mech concept for my left arm, which is untouched.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #26169
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
They don't need a photo gallery, they will have their staff find whatever pictures they are looking for. "Jeeves, I want to see a frozen signal green M6. If you cannot find a photo, go order one, then return it after you get some photos. That is all for now. Leave me."

That is a sweet car Mr.SugarSkulls I have been thinking about going for a bigger more "muscular" type of car. So far, my objective is to get smaller and quicker, but I have eyed the M6 a few times. So gorgeous and powerful (like 1MOREMOD #nohomo). I think I may get my fix on something like that after my daughter goes off to school. My problem now is that I will eventually have to give something up... so far, I have just been keeping everything. I just need to become MKSixer so I can buy the house next door and turn it into a parking garage. I am sure the neighbors won't mind.

If you get rid of anything, DO NOT make it the E92.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #26170
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
si!

I ALREADY CALLED DIBS ON BEING MKSixer ADOPTIVE SON.

NOT FOR YOU.

But yeah, the m6 is a beautiful/awesome ride. Its presence is one thing I truly miss about it. Not a loud "look at me" type, but definitely not your ordinary BMW either. It looks like money, and drives like it too. I'm anxious to see the new one in a few years.
      04-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #26171
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

NOT FOR YOU.

But yeah, the m6 is a beautiful/awesome ride. Its presence is one thing I truly miss about it. Not a loud "look at me" type, but definitely not your ordinary BMW either. It looks like money, and drives like it too. I'm anxious to see the new one in a few years.
This is my vibe. I don't really care if people think "Oooooh, you have a sweet car." I just want what I want. Same with watches. I like great shit and don't care if anyone knows how "nice" or "expensive" my watch is. When is the new M6 expected?
      04-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #26172
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

NOT FOR YOU.

No manuals.

I know it is the wave of the future, they have confirmed the next generation M5 to not be optioned with one, I suppose those chassis would share similar characteristics. But man, something about a powerful motor with an appropriately paired gearbox.. that is awesome.

I think we spoke of this, but the subsequent gen Porsche GT3/RS will be coming with a manual, most likely a variant of the 7 speed offered in the GTS/R models. I am really looking forward to that.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #26173
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
This is my vibe. I don't really care if people think "Oooooh, you have a sweet car." I just want what I want. Same with watches. I like great shit and don't care if anyone knows how "nice" or "expensive" my watch is. When is the new M6 expected?
Yeah! Especially when you are a master negotiator and have underlings that work for you. Solidify your status as King!

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 08:11 AM   #26174
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah! Especially when you are a master negotiator and have underlings that work for you. Solidify your status as King!
      04-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #26175
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
SUCH a nice drop!

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...51&postcount=7

Will you be getting any springs or anything, for yours?

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #26176
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
SUCH a nice drop!

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...51&postcount=7

Will you be getting any springs or anything, for yours?
That is nice. I am going to do grilles and gills for sure. Was thinking about coils. Never done them because my other cars have adjustability and I didn't want to override that. Definitely thinking about it though. The exhaust sounds pretty nice - I got to hear it yesterday, so I will hold off on that till I drive it some. I do like that look though... very nice.
      04-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #26177
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
That is nice. I am going to do grilles and gills for sure. Was thinking about coils. Never done them because my other cars have adjustability and I didn't want to override that. Definitely thinking about it though. The exhaust sounds pretty nice - I got to hear it yesterday, so I will hold off on that till I drive it some. I do like that look though... very nice.
Yes, I think it sounds great stock. That M2 MPE is very pricey! But a cool option and sounds awesome, I wish it was a full exhaust though, for that price.

And it's a subtle drop! Nothing extreme, and is also covered by warranty.

This will be your "daily" driver or fun car? I know you are WFH so you aren't on the road too much.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #26178
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

NOT FOR YOU.

Verbiage he was first on the list. AND he purchased an i8.

Quote:
Same. I purchase the tech I want without regard to how others feel about it. If they like it, fine. If they don't like it, that's fine too. A bud of mine was chiding me about the i8 and being an attention whore and I reminded him that if I wanted attention, I would have purchased a 458 instead of the ///M6 many years ago. Sheesh.

Quote:
No manuals.

I know it is the wave of the future, they have confirmed the next generation M5 to not be optioned with one, I suppose those chassis would share similar characteristics. But man, something about a powerful motor with an appropriately paired gearbox.. that is awesome.

I think we spoke of this, but the subsequent gen Porsche GT3/RS will be coming with a manual, most likely a variant of the 7 speed offered in the GTS/R models. I am really looking forward to that.
I like the idea of owing the fastest variant of any car that I purchase for myself. The shifts of SMG/DCTs are too for me to even begin looking at a 3-pedal car. I realize that we each have our opinions this but watching a race between identical platforms with different platforms is most telling. And on the track...no contest.

I loved the idea of the M6 Convertible but the 400 lb weight penalty was to much to allow serious consideration of the vehicle. This theory continues with my upcoming purchase of the GT3-RS.

And speaking of...I spoke to the Porsche regional rep on yesterday and I am #2 on the regional list. Once we went over the build in detail he closed with, 'We are delighted to have a customer of your reputation moving into the fold'.

And I can't get an ///M4 GTS allotment.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #26179
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Verbiage he was first on the list. AND he purchased an i8.

I like the idea of owing the fastest variant of any car that I purchase for myself. The shifts of SMG/DCTs are too for me to even begin looking at a 3-pedal car. I realize that we each have our opinions this but watching a race between identical platforms with different platforms is most telling. And on the track...no contest.

I loved the idea of the M6 Convertible but the 400 lb weight penalty was to much to allow serious consideration of the vehicle. This theory continues with my upcoming purchase of the GT3-RS.

And speaking of...I spoke to the Porsche regional rep on yesterday and I am #2 on the regional list. Once we went over the build in detail he closed with, 'We are delighted to have a customer of your reputation moving into the fold'.

And I can't get an ///M4 GTS allotment.
Yeah, I can understand that. The son part, that is. It's not my fault the stardom bug didn't bite me!

And I certainly agree with you! The current gen RS that is only available with PDK, I wouldn't mind owning...if it was the only option available. Those shifts are ungodly, I have yet to hear a faster shift from a production car. Makes even the M-DCT seem slow, no offense to the DCT owners.

However, I consider myself someone who will preserve the true art of the nature of motorsport driving for as long as it is offered. If there are three pedals, I default to it. It is not even a contest, at this point.

But EXCELLENT news concerning the allocation spot! It is solely for slot, no? No other specifications are available at this time, I presume.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #26180
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Also, GT3 RS >>>>> M4 GTS. Just sayin'!

Appreciate 2
Closed Thread