BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Help needed identifying this rattle

04-04-2021, 07:00 AM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Help needed identifying this rattle

I've had my Z4 in twice for this to be fixed and the service department don't even know what is causing it. When the car is at highway speed, there's a tinny, metallic rattling sound which sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the car, just behind the passenger seat - or between the seats. The dealership has already checked and not found anything that is loose.

I made a recording of the sound. Please excuse the first few seconds as I try to put the phone behind the passenger seat

Rob
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #2
TheGingerOneNI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Definitely not the speaker grills? I have a rattle on my nearside which I have narrowed down to the doorcard and when I press on the speaker grill it stops.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 04:09 AM   #3
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

I'm wondering if it could be exhaust related? It's a bit annoying to have the constant rattling going on when I'm on the highway.
Appreciate 0