BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography 1st attempt at rolling shots

07-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

1st attempt at rolling shots

First ever attempt at rolling shots. Experimented on my old Jeep just in case I marred the paint. I quickly found my setup to be fairly limited since I was only using a single F1000 suction cup, 1 magic arm, and 2 super clamps. I had nothing to use as a boom arm for a second F1000. It was too late to make a run to Home Depot for a ghetto boom arm set up. Oh well.

Comments and critique welcome. I wasn't really doing much to set up the shots. My main purpose was to play with attaching the camera to the vehicle.

07-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
shonuff
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Like the last one.. minus the rust
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

nice. except its a jeep which is random ahha

first one would be better if window was clean on the right side
      07-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
Like the last one.. minus the rust
Of the 3, that's my favorite as well. Beginner's luck, I suppose....that was the first one I took.

Actually, had I gone out with a boom arm, I would've had on focused on the rusted out spot to the rear of the fender.....show off a little Jeep character. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
nice. except its a jeep which is random ahha

first one would be better if window was clean on the right side
The F1000 cups hold very well and can damage paint if you're not careful so I'd rather experiment on my old Jeep rather than my coupe. Plus, I like to get nice shots of the Jeep from time to time as a joke to one of my friend's. It's a '93 and it's best days are behind it but it's been good to me the last 3 winters so I can't complain.

Yeah, I didn't realize how dirty it really was. It's been sitting at my friend's shop for the last few weeks and I just got it back last Thursday. I was also limited with how I could position the camera, though. I had intended to get more of the windshield. Short of turning the camera upside down, even with a 10mm focal length, I couldn't swing it. I had the magic arm mounted to the sun roof.
      08-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Take 2. I was on my way home from selling one of my older lenses and figured I'd have a quick try with the coupe. I only had my magic arm and it's mount so I was still limited. I picked up some 1.25" diameter, threaded conduit, but didn't get a chance to cut it down to size to make it more portable.

These are kind of crappy but whatever. It's the internet....it's for posting crap anyways! And, yes, my car is a dirty pig at the moment...

Oooo.....look at that excess sealant around the base of the ///M badge!