BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Order delays?

10-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #89
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 M40I

Hopefully getting to the final days of this post the Asian Majesty is leaving Halifax port in Nova Scotia now and headed for NYC and with any luck maybe on its way up to me next week. Then I can start adding photos of my new baby. It is a very emotional time even thinking about this actually happening. I think back to my first car a 1978 Honda Civic that I bought for $100.00. And all the clunkers I had over my early years. I quit school at 16 to go work and over the years had some though times. Finally got a good job at a good company 25 years ago and worked hard to move up to higher paying positions. Now I can finally buy my dream car a beautiful fast and fun convertible sports car. Thank you again everyone for all the information on how to track the car and the boat. It has made this the whole process so much fun. Maybe with some luck there will still be some decent foliage when I pick it up so I can get some picture of the car and foliage as well.
Appreciate 2
      10-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #90
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

New update for today it has moved now to on the dock which is in New Jersey so any day now hope to see it in transit to the dealer for its final trip without me behind the wheel. Now I can hardly contain the excitement in waiting for it to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #91
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoneinvt View Post
New update for today it has moved now to on the dock which is in New Jersey so any day now hope to see it in transit to the dealer for its final trip without me behind the wheel. Now I can hardly contain the excitement in waiting for it to arrive.
Congrats on the final lap of the long wait. Don't forget to post a few pics at pick up.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #92
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Rster / Z4 M40i / X5 M50i

Quote:
Great news!

Mine is still waiting to be assigned to a ship. Can't wait to be where you are.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #93
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh yeah pictures will be posted for sure. Hopefully it isn’t raining so I can have the maiden voyage with the top down.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 07:43 PM   #94
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Oh yeah pictures will be posted for sure. Hopefully it isn’t raining so I can have the maiden voyage with the top down.
Thankfully you will be driving it before Vermont is covered with snow!!!

I have a funny feeling that you might camp out at your dealer waiting for it to arrive. Do you have a sleeping bag and air mattress available?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 03:09 AM   #95
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I’d love to do that but with the work schedule this week I wouldn’t be able to get a day off or even a few hours to go get it. So if it is at the dealer this week I can pick it up Saturday. I assume it will be next week with customs, prep time and delivery etc. Next week however I can take whatever days needed as we have enough help and I would love to be there when the truck arrives to take some pictures of the unloading. We will see how it works out.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #96
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
I’d love to do that but with the work schedule this week I wouldn’t be able to get a day off or even a few hours to go get it. So if it is at the dealer this week I can pick it up Saturday. I assume it will be next week with customs, prep time and delivery etc. Next week however I can take whatever days needed as we have enough help and I would love to be there when the truck arrives to take some pictures of the unloading. We will see how it works out.
You can always ask your salesman to take some pictures of them unloading the Z4 from the trailer. The day my Z4 arrived my salesman sent me some shots of it inside the dealership's garage because I wanted proof of life!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #97
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
You can always ask your salesman to take some pictures of them unloading the Z4 from the trailer. The day my Z4 arrived my salesman sent me some shots of it inside the dealership's garage because I wanted proof of life!
My SA took a video and some pictures of my car being offloaded from the truck. It was pretty cool.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2021, 09:16 AM   #98
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I am sure he will do that but it would be even better to do it myself.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #99
Horseman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
I am sure he will do that but it would be even better to do it myself.
I definitely wanted to be there. Oftentimes though they don't know exactly what time the delivery truck will be there, so it's hard to tell.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #100
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
I definitely wanted to be there. Oftentimes though they don't know exactly what time the delivery truck will be there, so it's hard to tell.
I concur. I was at the dealer the day it was supposed to arrive and 4 trucks offloaded new cars, but none was a Z4. 3 days later it arrived and had to wait another 4 to collect. It's a roll of the dice and I , at least, crapped out.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #101
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I can take a few days any of the upcoming weeks so it would be worth it to me and I get to spend a day away from home I can go have lunch go the the shops all that good stuff etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ007 View Post
I concur. I was at the dealer the day it was supposed to arrive and 4 trucks offloaded new cars, but none was a Z4. 3 days later it arrived and had to wait another 4 to collect. It's a roll of the dice and I , at least, crapped out.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:10 PM   #102
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wondering how long the new normal is for waiting on the docks. It has now been in New Jersey port for a week and no update yet anyone know what a typical lead time in today’s new normal might be?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #103
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Wondering how long the new normal is for waiting on the docks. It has now been in New Jersey port for a week and no update yet anyone know what a typical lead time in today’s new normal might be?
Don't know about the new normal, but in 2013, when my 435i arrived at the USA port, it was a complete black out on any location information until it got to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #104
HokieBeemer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i

Quote:
I'm going through this same process. My vehicle is currently at "Dispatched from Factory".

How do you know it is at the dock in Jersey? It looks like the remaining steps for me are:

At the port (which I believe is Bremerhaven)
In Transit (which I believe is transit on the boat)
At Dealership (which I believe means it is at the dealership)

There is no step for arriving at the port in the States.

Did you track the ship across the Atlantic using vesselfinder.com? Is that how you know it is in Jersey?

How soon did you find out what ship you were on.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:27 PM   #105
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBeemer View Post
I'm going through this same process. My vehicle is currently at "Dispatched from Factory".

How do you know it is at the dock in Jersey? It looks like the remaining steps for me are:

Did you track the ship across the Atlantic using vesselfinder.com? Is that how you know it is in Jersey?

Thanks

You can track your vessel crossing the Atlantic and you can find the vessel schedule online. In addition to vesselfinder.com, there is www.marinetraffic.com. Both seem to work about the same. The vessel which I think is heading to Bremerhaven to pick up my car seems to not have send it location for 5 days now and is still showing that it is just east of NY City. SO, it doesn't seem that either will be very exact, but you should get a good idea about when your vessel is expect to arrive in the USA.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #106
HokieBeemer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
You can track your vessel crossing the Atlantic and you can find the vessel schedule online. In addition to vesselfinder.com, there is www.marinetraffic.com. Both seem to work about the same. The vessel which I think is heading to Bremerhaven to pick up my car seems to not have send it location for 5 days now and is still showing that it is just east of NY City. SO, it doesn't seem that either will be very exact, but you should get a good idea about when your vessel is expect to arrive in the USA.
Shoot...I meant that message for mdoneivnt. But thanks for the information anyway. Good information to have.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #107
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So yes once it gets unloaded at arrival port it goes back from in transit to at the port. Then eventually back to in transit. It would be nice to find out if is is trucking delays or like some others have experienced stuck at port waiting on a part still. Now is the hardest part of the wait…lol

Thanks

[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #108
mdoneinvt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So just got off the phone with my salesman and turns out mine is still at port waiting for a ram module. So who knows when they will get the missing part needed. No worries at least I know what is holding things up. Will update again once it shows in transit to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #109
TAZ007
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
So just got off the phone with my salesman and turns out mine is still at port waiting for a ram module. So who knows when they will get the missing part needed. No worries at least I know what is holding things up. Will update again once it shows in transit to the dealer.
Based on my experience, anticipate a 2-3 week wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #110
COKen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Bummer, but as you say, now you know. Mine is still showing at the port, but I have not received any messages about another delay. From what I can tell, the next two vessels which go to the west coast arrive at Bremerhaven on November 7th and 20th. No idea if my car has been assigned to either of these ships, but I'm betting you will still get your car before I get mine.
Appreciate 0