BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum idrive update failed

07-26-2020, 03:16 AM   #1
Daniel GD
Rep
Drives: F22,G29

idrive update failed

Hi,

Two days ago my ConnectedDrive app started to download update 11/2019.55. Yesterday I transfer it to the car and then started to Upgrade. When finished, idrive rebooted and then booth app and car gave this amazing message.
Now the car don't start. I called BMW assistance but they said they are a towing and a mechanical service. For software problems the car has to go to the dealer.
My garage is very tight and will be a challenge to remove the car. Is there a way to reboot / revert / reinstall idrive just to take it from the garage ?
Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
CeEl
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel GD View Post
Hi,

Two days ago my ConnectedDrive app started to download update 11/2019.55. Yesterday I transfer it to the car and then started to Upgrade. When finished, idrive rebooted and then booth app and car gave this amazing message.
Now the car don't start. I called BMW assistance but they said they are a towing and a mechanical service. For software problems the car has to go to the dealer.
My garage is very tight and will be a challenge to remove the car. Is there a way to reboot / revert / reinstall idrive just to take it from the garage ?
Thank you
Someone else on the forum had a similar issue but at least his car started. BMW was helping him so I am a bit surprised by your experience.

Did you try calling BMW Genius? And then the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
Daniel GD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Someone else on the forum had a similar issue but at least his car started. BMW was helping him so I am a bit surprised by your experience.

Did you try calling BMW Genius? And then the dealer?
I will call them tomorrow. I saw a post from a X6 owner with same problem with car and garage and a BMW guy went there and enable the engine to start and remove it from the garage to then be towed to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 07:38 PM   #4
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1737118
      07-31-2020, 10:51 PM   #5
MonsterMontoya
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 s30i

That’s me! I had the same error but the car started fine afterwards. The bmw tech I spoke to on the phone mentioned that the error usually disables engine starting, so I have no idea what happened in my case.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:33 AM   #6
Daniel GD
Rep

Update

Finally I have the car back ! It took 5 hours to remove it from the garage ! First it was there a guy from the dealer with the computer but we was unable to start the car. Then a guy from BMW assistance to try to unlock the transmission. Took a very long time and effort and then, when we open the door the transmission jumped to park again ! So, we had to put the rear wheels in a platform, remove it from the garage, put it on the trailer and tow it to the dealer. We spent 2,5 just to do this last part !
Its now updated to the last version, 07/2020.30 and they also executed the recall 0032140300
Future updates will still be done OTA but with the car parked at the dealer !
Appreciate 0