BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The One That Got Away Thread

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #67
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
6984
Rep
2,074
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
^The ploy of a well utilized marketing tool at work here.

MK, you and I are much alike. I have no doubts that you will reconnect and then it will go to shit shortly thereafter because....well, we're humans.

I don't have a "one that got away" story. If they got away, it was because I wanted them there or they wanted to be there. I try to remain fluid. If they wander off, another will wander along shortly.
This started playing in my head while reading the last sentence...

"Girls are like buses....miss one next 15 one coming"
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 3
Now_Rudi7519.50
MKSixer22685.50

      03-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #68
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
7520
Rep
1,459
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This started playing in my head while reading the last sentence...

"Girls are like buses....miss one next 15 one coming"
It's true though. I imagine MK will even speak something on this topic as well. It's when we decide that it doesn't happen fast enough is when we start to stress ourselves out.
__________________
I'm a driver; I'm the winner; things are gonna change I can feel it.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt6984.00
MKSixer22685.50

      03-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #69
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
It's true though. I imagine MK will even speak something on this topic as well. It's when we decide that it doesn't happen fast enough is when we start to stress ourselves out.
Well, Rmtt and you are correct.

They really are. In college and other schools we are like two parallel lines marching past each other. Lots of contact which is fleeting and VERY high volume. As we age and move into careers social interaction is confined in clusters with feelers going from one cluster to another. Dating sites return it to the former example.

I won't even say how many I've gone out with and bagged but I've been put on restrictions by my attorney and friends 3 times in the last 3 years.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt6984.00
Now_Rudi7519.50
Salty Dog3524.50

      03-18-2020, 07:49 PM   #70
Turkish Pickle
tell me a lie in a beautiful way
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
1828
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Well, Rmtt and you are correct.

They really are. In college and other schools we are like two parallel lines marching past each other. Lots of contact which is fleeting and VERY high volume. As we age and move into careers social interaction is confined in clusters with feelers going from one cluster to another. Dating sites return it to the former example.

I won't even say how many I've gone out with and bagged but I've been put on restrictions by my attorney and friends 3 times in the last 3 years.
Don't say stuff like that!!

Also - don't think for a hot second we forgot
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
In fact, I was young, dumb and full of cum but emptied quite often.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22685.50

      03-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #71
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
811
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Her name is Jen...

Dated her right after a LTR that ended badly for me. It was 2004 or 2005.
I won't go into a boring post about the relationship, but she's the only ex that I don't wish bad things on. I broke up with her b/c I was young & dumb (24ish) and wanted to date this tin redhead with big tits. Big mistake on my part. Redhead was a cheating whore.

Side note, I actually found redhead on OkCupid earlier this year & we set up a meeting (My plan was only to hate fuck her ), but she bailed out with a bs excuse so I blocked her #.

Anyway, I wish I remembered Jen's last name so I could look her up. I'm sure she got her happily ever after anyway. I know she hated me when I broke up with her. Can't really blame her.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22685.50
Salty Dog3524.50

      03-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #72
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Her name was Liz.

We were in our early 30s. We hung out at the same coffee shop, and had shared many hours of conversation and revelry. One day out of the blue she asked me out to a movie. She was smart, educated, sexy, and preposterously fun. We had a heady and wonderful 8 months or so together. She was the first girl I had brought home to my family in many years.

She was driven to finish her MFA; I was taking on a lot of new responsibility in my family's business, and I wasn't adapting to the demand in a healthy way. We agreed that we were both too focused on our career goals, which was a ruse; it was our way of dodging the obvious deep connection we felt, which scared the fuck out of both of us.

She struck up a romantic relationship with her professor/advisor, and they married and had a daughter soon after. A few years later they relocated to Boston, where he's a distinguished tenured Ivy League professor of ethics and rhetoric and a published and widely cited author in his field. I've never lost a woman to a more accomplished man; that's my only comfort.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 5
MKSixer22685.50
Salty Dog3524.50
GERMAN M31843.00
Rmtt6984.00

      03-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #73
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Don't say stuff like that!!

Also - don't think for a hot second we forgot
I'm distracted. Hanging with a friend during Corona Holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Her name is Jen...

Dated her right after a LTR that ended badly for me. It was 2004 or 2005.
I won't go into a boring post about the relationship, but she's the only ex that I don't wish bad things on. I broke up with her b/c I was young & dumb (24ish) and wanted to date this tin redhead with big tits. Big mistake on my part. Redhead was a cheating whore.

Side note, I actually found redhead on OkCupid earlier this year & we set up a meeting (My plan was only to hate fuck her ), but she bailed out with a bs excuse so I blocked her #.

Anyway, I wish I remembered Jen's last name so I could look her up. I'm sure she got her happily ever after anyway. I know she hated me when I broke up with her. Can't really blame her.
These thing happen when we are young. That's were, "Young, Dumb and full of Cum", originates. It's a real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Her name was Liz.

We were in our early 30s. We hung out at the same coffee shop, and had shared many hours of conversation and revelry. One day out of the blue she asked me out to a movie. She was smart, educated, sexy, and preposterously fun. We had a heady and wonderful 8 months or so together. She was the first girl I had brought home to my family in many years.

She was driven to finish her MFA; I was taking on a lot of new responsibility in my family's business, and I wasn't adapting to the demand in a healthy way. We agreed that we were both too focused on our career goals, which was a ruse; it was our way of dodging the obvious deep connection we felt, which scared the fuck out of both of us.

She struck up a romantic relationship with her professor/advisor, and they married and had a daughter soon after. A few years later they relocated to Boston, where he's a distinguished tenured Ivy League professor of ethics and rhetoric and a published and widely cited author in his field. I've never lost a woman to a more accomplished man; that's my only comfort.
Those can be scary. I was always, "the other guy" in college until I met my now ex-wife and never really paid attention to anyone else until I met the person whom I described in the OP. In fact, I was young, dumb and full of cum but emptied quite often.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
      03-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #74
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
In fact, I was young, dumb and full of cum but emptied quite often.
I grew out of that phase and now I'm mature, demure, and full of manure. I relish my current state.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 4
MKSixer22685.50
Rmtt6984.00
Now_Rudi7519.50

      03-18-2020, 09:17 PM   #75
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4097
Rep
6,749
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I grew out of that phase and now I'm mature, demure, and full of manure. I relish my current state.
I only relish hot dogs. Don't like it on anything else.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
MKSixer22685.50

      03-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #76
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I grew out of that phase and now I'm mature, demure, and full of manure. I relish my current state.
You sir, win The Internet today. Congratulations!!

I have no response for this. Absolute freaking perfection!!!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
M_Six4096.50
Rmtt6984.00

      03-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #77
pennsiveguy
Captain
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3016
Rep
938
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You sir, win The Internet today. Congratulations!!

I have no response for this. Absolute freaking perfection!!!!
I try. Sometimes it works.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22685.50

      03-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #78
Turkish Pickle
tell me a lie in a beautiful way
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
1828
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

MKSixer I figured a quote from you would be very honoring and explanatory of my current state
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
In fact, I was young, dumb and full of cum but emptied quite often.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22685.50

      03-18-2020, 09:25 PM   #79
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
MKSixer I figured a quote from you would be very honoring and explanatory of my current state
I'm here to help, my young Padawan.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #80
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4097
Rep
6,749
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You sir, win The Internet today. Congratulations!!

I have no response for this. Absolute freaking perfection!!!!
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22685.50

      03-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #81
quick6
Lieutenant
554
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

ya know, its hard but i had the stiffest and the biggest rod, and then she jumped and broke the line. Largemouth bass.
Appreciate 6
Nuckle856.50
MKSixer22685.50
M_Six4096.50
Rmtt6984.00
Dang3r3754.50
Now_Rudi7519.50

      03-18-2020, 10:12 PM   #82
ragingpanda
Captain
180
Rep
636
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I always get away when a woman wants to get serious. I am going to remain a bachelor until I die (could be soon since I work in a hospital).
Appreciate 4
MKSixer22685.50
Now_Rudi7519.50

      03-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #83
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
811
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post



These thing happen when we are young. That's were, "Young, Dumb and full of Cum", originates. It's a real thing.
I just wish I could figure out a way to at least realistically find her last name so I could try to find her on social media or something.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22685.50

      03-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #84
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
3755
Rep
1,526
Posts

Drives: RS 5
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
These thing happen when we are young. That's were, "Young, Dumb and full of Cum", originates. It's a real thing.
Could you please elaborate how the hell you got filled full of cum? If you hadnt prancercized', any other excuse would be hilarious...ey?
__________________
RS 5 - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22685.50

      03-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #85
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Could you please elaborate how the hell you got filled full of cum? If you hadnt prancercized', any other excuse would be hilarious...ey?
Dude...go back to 8th grade A and P. The answer you seek is there...
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt6984.00
Dang3r3754.50

      03-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #86
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
5790
Rep
1,762
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Dude...go back to 8th grade A and P. The answer you seek is there...
He's from a different country and most of the time, I'm relatively certain he dumps whatever he wants to say into Google Translate and copies and pastes it here, so I believe this is going to not make sense to him.

I say this as someone who is North American and also doesn't have a clue what 8th grade A and P was. Which makes me fairly certain it won't mean anything to him either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer22685.50

      03-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #87
Turkish Pickle
tell me a lie in a beautiful way
Turkish Pickle's Avatar
United_States
1828
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: MKS V6 AWD - F10 525d xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
He's from a different country and most of the time, I'm relatively certain he dumps whatever he wants to say into Google Translate and copies and pastes it here, so I believe this is going to not make sense to him.

I say this as someone who is North American and also doesn't have a clue what 8th grade A and P was. Which makes me fairly certain it won't mean anything to him either.
Yeah I don't get that reference, didn't get pennsiveguy 's reference to the preacher's kid thing and google couldn't help either
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
In fact, I was young, dumb and full of cum but emptied quite often.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22685.50

      03-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #88
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22686
Rep
9,571
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
He's from a different country and most of the time, I'm relatively certain he dumps whatever he wants to say into Google Translate and copies and pastes it here, so I believe this is going to not make sense to him.

I say this as someone who is North American and also doesn't have a clue what 8th grade A and P was. Which makes me fairly certain it won't mean anything to him either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Yeah I don't get that reference, didn't get pennsiveguy 's reference to the preacher's kid thing and google couldn't help either
8th grade. You know that.

A and P...anatomy and physiology. Biology.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
Dang3r3754.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST