BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Can you code Automatic lane change/assisted driving?

01-29-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Can you code Automatic lane change/assisted driving?

Like in this video

I can't code atm, calling RavenGX or anyone else who can code, can you follow the instructions in this video and see if the same thing works on g29? My build date is like July 2019 and factory I-step 03/2019.

If it works its the BEST update. I drove a tesla plaid and love getting to see all the cars around me in car icons on the dash

Can someone plz try it
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 04:58 AM   #2
RavenGX
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 G29 M40i

Garage List
I doubt it will work, i think you need the surround cameras for this.

Edit: I watched the video now, the car in the video already has the option. The z4 doesn't come with assisted driving, only an adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by RavenGX; 01-30-2023 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 02:22 PM   #3
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

The G29 has the older service pack, so it isn't capable of the advanced self driving features (autonomous lanekeeping, auto lane change, handsfree full self driving in traffic below 40mph). By "isn't capable," I mean it doesn't have the more advanced sensors and computers.

It only has active cruise control to keep distance from the car in front.

Because of the older service pack it's also missing the 360 parking camera which other G-series BMWs have.

It wasn't updated to the new service pack (or iDrive 8) in the '23 "LCI" (so minor it shouldn't even be called an LCI). So we very likely will not get the new service pack at all. The car will end production in late 2025 still on this old SP. Other cars like the X5 and X7 were initially launched in 2019 with the old SP but were updated a few months after initial release - still within the 2019 model year.

I will say, I have the newer assisted driving functionality on my X7 and I turned off that Tesla-like display after a few months. So now I have the map displayed all the time. This display looks cool but it doesn't actually provide any useful or actionable information. The car already shows you all relevant information in the HUD. (For the G29, that's just whether its radar is locked on to the car in front, and the distance you've selected.)

Last edited by PinkNinja400Guy; 02-20-2023 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0