BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2020: British GP - Silverstone (Aug 2 + Aug 9)

08-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #441
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Aha could be indeed my friend, hope its not penalty for Seb in that case for a new tranny box. (It's that colour t/oil in my 928S 'box.
Our M-DCT gearbox is also filled with Pentosin oil .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #442
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

08-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #443
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
A perfect end to a perfect day and nothing else matters.
My friend It's 39°C in the shade and 52°C in the sun ...It's terrible !

Outside it feels like an oven ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #444
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
happened not long ago..

Adrenaline mate . I heard worse ...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
yco5722.50
      08-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #445
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
yeah probably coolant,he kerbed it too much ripping the floor and we know how they make the kerbs now.
It's not an SUV Seb
The 2 Ferrari engines are replaced ..

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #446
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The 2 Ferrari engines are replaced ..
They must be using the 'Beverley hillbillies' engine supply shelf at Maranello warehouse
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #447
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Looks like Toto's up the Khyber,on another planet.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #448
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They must be using the 'Beverley hillbillies' engine supply shelf at Maranello warehouse
Wow ! MAX and Albon also got a new HONDA PU ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #449
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Wow ! MAX and Albon also got a new HONDA PU ...
I guess it's from the tired P1-3 engines to the quali/race ones.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #450
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

P12 for Seb ffs
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #451
M5Rick
General
Rep

Those brake ducts coming in handy for Hulk,damn!
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #452
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Oh no!

Quote:
Well my friends , as you can see : It's not funny anymore ! Got enough , and hate the sun !
In my area here in Belgium it is actually hotter than Florida ...

Honestly , over here the drought and the heat is really crazy !
Oh no my MBelgium friend!
This is just toooooooooo hot!!!!

So sorry it is this hot....and you have no water

Just like our UKM5 friend, your Pacific Northwest friend sends you cool air
      08-08-2020, 09:20 AM   #453
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

Just turned 32C here and in the pool now!!
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 09:23 AM   #454
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

im so f happy for Hulk!!!
he crushed Stroll as expected right after a week in the car.. thats what a great driver can do in a week.. well done Hulk you deserve a seat for sure!!!
and tomorrow probably RP car will suck at the race but still..

i dont remember how many sets of new rubber left on each Merc' but couldnt understand why Lewis and Bottas went to last flying laps on mediums.. but well done to Bottas he put a better lap overall..

it was great to see at last Red Bull did the right thing and changed Albon's engineers and it paid off.. finally things are looking together on Albon's side of the garage.. i guess Red Bulls are running on lower downforce setup than last weekend and it doesnt look like it really worked for them.. but as long as there wont be SC on early parts of the race Max has hard tires which gives him a lot of options during the race..

Norris nailed again such a great very young driver GG Lando!!!

seems Renault started to get better and they have the highest speeds on practices with lower downforce setup and i guess their gear ratios a bit longer than other teams i hope they ll hang on tomorrows race.. looks like tomorrow there ll be a lot of rush in midfield..

and Ferraris.. yeah again and again Leclerc was better than Vettel whole weekend and he is using the all package he can well done Charles!!
Vettel looks like he needs a rest.. his quali lap was almost 2 seconds slower than Bottas' lap.. this is not right at all and he cant blame the car all again for this...
      08-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #455
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Just turned 32C here and in the pool now!!
Wowie!!!!

My UKM5 friend....savor the poolness coolness!!!!
      08-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #456
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

Yeah my friend . Every drop of rain is welcome here ...
The terrible heat is actually tropical !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #457
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
P12 for Seb ffs
It's just not normal for "SEB" , something must be wrong with his Ferrari ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 09:54 AM   #458
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
P12 for Seb ffs
VET can't keep blaming the car, he needs some wd40 in HIS joints. A 4 time world champ can get even a shyzer car to go some unless there's some underhand things going on beyond VET's control, it's been mentioned,Lecresh seems to be coping better..how come,Ferrari want to keep them apart??
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      08-08-2020, 10:09 AM   #459
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
VET can't keep blaming the car, he needs some wd40 in HIS joints. A 4 time world champ can get even a shyzer car to go some unless there's some underhand things going on beyond VET's control, it's been mentioned,Lecresh seems to be coping better..how come,Ferrari want to keep them apart??
Indeed my friend . Lecrash is doing it not too bad . While "SEB" is nowhere..

Great job from the Hulk !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #460
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

what do you guys think about Vettel whats his problem? lack of motivation? somehow cant drive anymore? he doesnt want to? his engineering team started to ignore? even if he seems pushing can be seen he is going off the track etc.. im not sure Leclerc has some hope in the car as well but he somehow doing his best with it.. and the gap between Leclerc and Vettel is not small at all..

i really dont believe Ferrari is making Vettel's car slower it doesnt make sense at all why Ferrari would be ok for having less cons. points anyway..
      08-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #461
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
what do you guys think about Vettel whats his problem? lack of motivation? somehow cant drive anymore? he doesnt want to? his engineering team started to ignore? even if he seems pushing can be seen he is going off the track etc.. im not sure Leclerc has some hope in the car as well but he somehow doing his best with it.. and the gap between Leclerc and Vettel is not small at all..

i really dont believe Ferrari is making Vettel's car slower it doesnt make sense at all why Ferrari would be ok for having less cons. points anyway..
Let me just be clear from the beginning: Leclerc is very talented and there's nothing against his abilities.
Ferrari is unique in how they treat drivers and they are unique in their shady ways that is historically proven. You can go back to their treatment of Prost who joined them as a world champion and then they fired him. Even MSC was mistreated in his last season. The radio messages between Binotto and Vettel after last week's race clearly shows a fallout in the relationship between the team and Vettel.
Going back to Prost. The 1991 is very similar to this year's and last year's seasons. They were ambitious and thought they are going to win the championship by making little changes only but as soon as the station started they were hit with a big surprise. Ferrari accused Prost of trying to change Ferrari into McLaren and that same exact same was said by Elkann when he said Vettel wants Ferrari to make him a car that's aerodynamically similar to what he's used to (meaning Red Bull). Elkann said it in a way that sounded like the team will be there to help him with a car he's comfortable in but if the boss thinks the driver wants to change the team then it's easier to change the driver.
MSC, as well as being extremely talented, he was also lucky to have Todt. Alonso, Prost, and Vettel didn't have their "Todt" to protect them from Ferrari's mafia heirarchy.
Vettel is independent not like Leclerc. The relationship was doomed from the beginning and Leclerc and Vettel's performance only brought that dysfunctional relationship to the surface.
You mentioned he's not going off so he's not pushing? Last year he spun a million times because he was pushing and that made him a material of memes and jokes. But that's ok. Champions will always be criticized no matter what they do 😜

Last edited by msk340i; 08-08-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
M5Rick58879.50
      08-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #462
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Let me just be clear from the beginning: Leclerc is very talented and there's nothing against his abilities.
Ferrari is unique in how they treat drivers and they are unique in their shady ways that is historically proven. You can go back to their treatment of Prost who joined them as a world champion and then they fired him. Even MSC was mistreated in his last season. The radio messages between Binotto and Vettel after last week's race clearly shows a fallout in the relationship between the team and Vettel.
Going back to Prost. The 1991 is very similar to this year's and last year's seasons. They were ambitious and thought they are going to win the championship by making little changes only but as soon as the station started they were hit with a big surprise. Ferrari accused Prost of trying to change Ferrari into McLaren and that same exact same was said by Elkann when he said Vettel wants Ferrari to make him a car that's aerodynamically similar to what he's used to (meaning Red Bull). Elkann said it in a way that sounded like the team will be there to help him with a car he's comfortable in but if the boss thinks the driver wants to change the team then it's easier to change the driver.
MSC, as well as being extremely talented, he was also lucky to have Todt. Alonso, Prost, and Vettel didn't have their "Todt" to protect them from Ferrari's mafia heirarchy.
Vettel is independent not like Leclerc. The relationship was doomed from the beginning and Leclerc and Vettel's performance only brought that dysfunctional relationship to the surface.
You mentioned he's not going off so he's not pushing? Last year he spun a million times because he was pushing and that made him a material of memes and jokes. But that's ok. Champions will always be criticized no matter what they do ��
no he is pushing.. thats why he is going off the track otherwise he wouldnt.. his spins are not though they re funny actually..

for Prost - Ferrari part.. i agree Schumi was in a better team.. but Prost somehow made his way by having a tension with Nigel pretty early and i believe the worst he did was criticizing Ferrari publicly.. it was an unrespectful thing and it was wrong really.. and historically again Ferrari was having problems with developing the car.. i totally agree with internal politics in Ferrari and it sucks.. and Italian media can be really harsh on Ferrari or drivers.. but Prost was somehow insulting the team by calling the car truck, there is no leader in the team, too much politics etc.. they can all be true but you dont tell such things to a team that you re in.. never been fan of Prost just because of the politics he played to Senna.. still i dont want to even see Prost on TV in Renault garage.. even if i be objective to Prost his actions were really wrong.. similar to what Alonso did.. and we know the story.. after he left McLaren got faster cause the system went back to normal..

but for Vettel.. except some tension with Leclerc things were ok.. i believe Vettel disappointed himself and Ferrari after that German GP and it keeps going downhill.. and more he pushes more he f'ed up.. but recent state at least half a second slower its ridiculous.. i highly believe almost entirely its psychological problems he is having in Ferrari recently..