No_Dominion_2
AKA No_Dominion
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
TXSTYLE just watched the finale. Curious on your thoughts...
DEFINITELY did not see that coming... I figured there would be some sort of connection or reveal, but not in that manner. Some things that I thought were going to end up being red herrings or forgotten plot points got tied together, which was pleasantly surprising. Should be interesting to see where season two takes things.

Overall I thought the season had a one of the strongest starts with the first few episodes being better than almost anything I've seen on television. Middle few episodes seemed to be losing their way for a bit, but in hindsight much of what happened was purposeful, so it's forgiven at this point. Cinematography, directing, acting, and sound design were all on point throughout the whole season.

I give it a solid 9/10 overall.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      10-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #24
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Honestly... It was a let down.

Too many unanswered questions and WTF moments that seem to be just thrown in.
WITF did she give birth to exactly??? That shit made absolutely ZERO sense. And how in TF did their tiny ass craft plunge into a lake of molten lava and come out in tact?
And how did the one insane roaming face swapping dad manage to take out 3 armed soldiers effortlessly?
I also wanted to see at least one ancient Giant Serpent!

All that being said, I will still watch season 2
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25064.00
      10-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #25
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Quote:
Honestly... It was a let down.

Too many unanswered questions and WTF moments that seem to be just thrown in.
WITF did she give birth to exactly??? That shit made absolutely ZERO sense. And how in TF did their tiny ass craft plunge into a lake of molten lava and come out in tact?
And how did the one insane roaming face swapping dad manage to take out 3 armed soldiers effortlessly?
I also wanted to see at least one ancient Giant Serpent!

All that being said, I will still watch season 2
I liked it. While there are a lot of unanswered questions it reminds me a bit of Lost in the early days since we have learned that the planet has been previously inhabited and that mother was infected with a virus. I imagine many questions will be answered with season 2 which will likely go into the history of Kepler 22B. Like the episode title says this is only "the beginning."

As for what she gave birth to, we know from clues of giant serpent bones and even shedded skin that serpents once inhabited the planet. Likely the reason there are also so many holes around the planet in the ground. We also know the Mithraic did not create androids themselves but based their design off the scriptures.

Based off the visions mother has seen, I think these serpents were possibly worshipped or caused the de-evolution of the planet's inhabitants. We see that androids also previously were on the planet, as mother discovers an android skull within a shield which was stuck in a dodecahedron in her vision. We know now that it was in fact a birthing canal for the androids as we see their "blood" (white fluid) spewing out in the shield.

Like Tempest, Mother was falsely impregnated, but with a virus which took the form of her creator of who she placed great faith in despite being Atheist. Like she tells the children, religion will only shield them from the false hope of the world, which then happens to her with the virus/serpent did to her. Because the virus was within mother, it also got her ability to fly, so this serpent is much more dangerous than the prior ones that inhabited the planet.

This is a theory, but I think these serpents are connected to the visions and voices we hear/see. When Marcus actually touches the large dodecahedron in the sand we actually hear some rattles and of course he sees Hunter with a snake for a hand. Mother also possibly addresses these voices when she shouts "where is my baby! You said." Specifically referring to a specific person. When Marcus actually has his vision of murdering Sue, it happens when they set up camp within a large pile of serpent bones, so possibly a connection between the serpent and the voices.

As for the lava, definitely need some answers there, but from the pilot we know the planet works differently, as they couldn't even land in the Tropical Zone since it was surrounded by an electromagnet field.

I actually think the show is incredibly smart in some ways, especially with its use of religion. The whole story actually feels almost like the devil's version of the bible in some ways, with androids being adam and eve, the tropical zone being the garden, and mother giving birth to the snake which has now been set loose within the garden.

With that being said, I am awaiting season 2 and really want to learn more about the origins of the planet and the original people who inhabited it.

I found this article really interesting. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/01/a...ley-scott.html

Been reading a lot on the show's reddit page, some interesting theories there.
TboneS541034.00
      10-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #26
TboneS54
YNWA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 6spd & 2011 M3 DCT

Really liked the show and was happy with the finale. Top show.
stein_325i25064.00
      10-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #27
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Worms with teeth must be Ridley Scott's fetish, seem to appear in almost every movie.
Appreciate 0