BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Lewis Hamilton's contract demand : Mercedes agree to 'Max Verstappen clause' ?!?!

02-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #133
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's why MAX with his Belgian ID (passport) drives under the Dutch flag (Dutch F1 License) and of course he lives in Monaco .
Let's say It's financial speculation..

#smarta$$ !
So while your paying your 60% Max the Tax dodger is laughing all the way to the bank...you know what, I wouldn't want that beer with him now.
At least Lewis pays his dues, apparently one of the top 5,000 tax payers in the UK as well as paying tax in 3 other countries.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #134
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quite a few F1 drivers and ex-drivers live in 'tax free' Monaco and Switzerland is another destination.Of course you have to have millions upon millions to buy into that club to become resident be it Monaco or Geneva.
Seems the ones with the most money save a packet on taxes, I read Jordan splashed out £32M on a super yacht to berth in Monaco though he rents it out when not in use.
You nailed it my friend !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
DrFerry6722.50
      02-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #135
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
So while your paying your 60% Max the Tax dodger is laughing all the way to the bank...you know what, I wouldn't want that beer with him now.
At least Lewis pays his dues, apparently one of the top 5,000 tax payers in the UK as well as paying tax in 3 other countries.
Well my friend , that's NOT all of it...
Lewis just pays a small part of his taxes ! It's a system to hide the big money !
Lewis and MAX and others are actually little goldfish...
So let's talk about the sharks !!!

Seems like you NEVER heard of "The Paradise Papers or The Panama Papers" ?
These are at least 13.4 Million leaked documents from individuals and 1.4 terabytes of leaked data of offshore activities of national leaders, wealthy individuals, and companies !
The Queen of England included !

Crazy how this never became a big deal it just fell out of the news cycle !?!?
Probably you can guess why...

Would you throw your dear Queen in jail ? I don't think so my friend !

Long live the Queen !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 02-14-2021 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
M5Rick58873.50
      02-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #136
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Well my friend . We are talking about HAM's 45.65 Million contract...
Think that's something else ..
Think about it ! That's just his base salary , without his private sponsors deal money and race price money like victories ,podiums and poles .
Last year HAM ran 17 races - his 1 COVID race = "16 races"

45.65 Million Dollar:16 = That's "2.85 Million Dollar" to drive a race ..."ONE" race !
Or let us say 2.85 Million Dollar in 90 minutes !

Where I fall my friend ? That's really hard to tell in Belgium ..Because 60 % from my money is always stolen !
Well I "NEVER" see my entire salary (incomes) because 60% is for the Belgian government ..
Yeah .We are talking about "INSANE Belgian TAXES" ! You know what I mean ? That's your income - (minus 60%) !!!
You know how that feels my friend ? It feels like they pull your pants down in the middle of the marketplace my friend !!!

Right ! 40 % is for my pockets . BUT !!! In the end of the year I will receive a paper from our Belgian Government in my letterbox ! And I have to pay taxes on my remaining 40 % AGAIN !!!

"Would you be ok with this and where do you fall, my friend" ?

My friend .That's why I'll say it again ..

"God Bless America"
My dear friend, no one complains about footballers making 2 or 3 times what Sir Lewis makes. No one.

No one complained about ALO making what he was making. No one.

No one complained about VET making what he was making. No one.

Why does this come up for Sir Lewis?

I would fall in the Senior Leadership of a Corp. and I get hit with our Alternative Minimum Tax on top of the rate.

My good friend, all I want is fairness when it comes to discussing Sir Lewis. We don't get that. We have one standard for everyone else and another for Sir Lewis. It isn't right, my friend. It really isn't.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
See5449.00
      02-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #137
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Well my friend , that's NOT all of it...
Lewis just pays a small part of his taxes ! It's a system to hide the big money !
Lewis and MAX and others are actually little goldfish...
So let's talk about the sharks !!!

Seems like you NEVER heard of "The Paradise Papers or The Panama Papers" ?
These are at least 13.4 Million leaked documents from individuals and 1.4 terabytes of leaked data of offshore activities of national leaders, wealthy individuals, and companies !
The Queen of England included !

Crazy how this never became a big deal it just fell out of the news cycle !?!?
Probably you can guess why...

Would you throw your dear Queen in jail ? I don't think so my friend !

Long live the Queen !

My friend, there is a great movie about this. It's a reality based comedy. You would love it!

And two quotes on taxes from one of the most prominent jurist in our country.
Attached Images

Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2021, 06:11 PM   #138
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
My dear friend, no one complains about footballers making 2 or 3 times what Sir Lewis makes. No one.

No one complained about ALO making what he was making. No one.

No one complained about VET making what he was making. No one.

Why does this come up for Sir Lewis?

I would fall in the Senior Leadership of a Corp. and I get hit with our Alternative Minimum Tax on top of the rate.

My good friend, all I want is fairness when it comes to discussing Sir Lewis. We don't get that. We have one standard for everyone else and another for Sir Lewis. It isn't right, my friend. It really isn't.
I couldn't agree more . But what from HAM's contract is ,is actually unseen I heard It's a record payment in the F1 history ..
It's not for nothing it took so long to finally reach an agreement with Daimler in difficulties !
This in COVID times isn't actually the right moment...

Is HAM really 20 Million more worth than MAX is ?
Honestly , I don't think so ...

Another situation is what I was reading yesterday , in 2022 the F1 will come with the drivers salary restrictions !
Probably caused by HAM's extreme contract demands ...
So why the other drivers now have to suffer by HAM's extreme demands ?
Just by HAM 's egoism ?
You say ,all you want is fairness ? Well this isn't fairness !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
DrFerry6722.50
      02-14-2021, 06:25 PM   #139
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend, there is a great movie about this. It's a reality based comedy. You would love it!

And two quotes on taxes from one of the most prominent jurist in our country.
Well my friend . All I can say is that I'm working my A$$ off .
This while 60% of "MY" hard earned money is burned continuously by my government !

BTW . I already watched the movie ..

Bless you and America !!!

Appreciate 4
M5Rick58873.50
MKSixer34171.50
DrFerry6722.50
      02-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #140
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Well my friend . All I can say is that I'm working my A$$ off .
This while 60% of "MY" hard earned money is burned continuously by my government !

BTW . I already watched the movie ..

Bless you and America !!!
Not much longer, we’ve many who want to “progress” at the cost of that which made us great. Soon, if not already, there’s little blessing to being here. Just give it time.... le sad.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
Autobacs1303.50
      02-15-2021, 05:06 AM   #141
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Not much longer, we’ve many who want to “progress” at the cost of that which made us great. Soon, if not already, there’s little blessing to being here. Just give it time.... le sad.
I see . But meanwhile everything is cheaper in the US , +/- 40% cheaper !
My M3 was 104K Euro's , + 10K inscription tax and the yearly drivers tax is 2K + Euro's ...
This X 10 years = ? Ohhh...Well ?!?!
If that was in the US , the people would blow the American parliament !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick58873.50
DrFerry6722.50
Autobacs1303.50
      02-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #142
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
My M3 was 104K Euro's , + 10K inscription tax and the yearly drivers tax is 2K + Euro's ...
They tried already to get in and nearly succeded in taking over the WH but not for that reason.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #143
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I couldn't agree more . But what from HAM's contract is ,is actually unseen I heard It's a record payment in the F1 history ..
It's not for nothing it took so long to finally reach an agreement with Daimler in difficulties !
This in COVID times isn't actually the right moment...

Is HAM really 20 Million more worth than MAX is ?
Honestly , I don't think so ...

Another situation is what I was reading yesterday , in 2022 the F1 will come with the drivers salary restrictions !
Probably caused by HAM's extreme contract demands ...
So why the other drivers now have to suffer by HAM's extreme demands ?
Just by HAM 's egoism ?
You say ,all you want is fairness ? Well this isn't fairness !
My good friend, Max isn't as good as Sir Lewis. Period. End of story. I'm sorry to tell you this. And it's not my opinion...the records speaks of this fact.

But for his time at Toro Rosso, he's never been out of a top 3 car. In that top 3 car his achievements are mediocre. RIC beat him.

Now let's look at Sir Lewis when he was just Lewis. He accounted for 2/3rds of the wins at McLaren in his time there and 87% of the pole positions for the team. Think about that for a moment.

Now, let's look at the 2009 campaign. Lewis, not Sir Lewis, was in the 6th fastest car over the season. That isn't my calculation, it is from Autosport. In that car which was pronounced as "Unacceptable", by Martin Whitmarsh, Lewis got 4 pole positions and 2 race wins. In the 6th fastest car on the grid.

Max has NO COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE at Toro Rosso. Additionally, Lewis has more pole positions in the 6TH FASTEST CAR on the grid than Max has over his career. Think about this for a moment.

It is not fair for Max to be spoken of in the sentences as Sir Lewis. There is no reasonable comparison for their performance and their pay.

Max has no:

Driver Championships
Constructor Championships
Record of mounting a championship challenge
Reasonable record against teammates
One-Lap Speed
Record of developing a car (See Constructors Championships)

Max is a good driver. But he isn't on Sir Lewis's level. There is no objective metric that says he is on that level. Only in people's feelings is Max as good as Sir Lewis.

Mentioning Max in the same sentence as Sir Lewis isn't fair to Sir Lewis.

Take care, my good friend!!

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-15-2021 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Just Lewis didn't get 84% of Pole Positions at McLaren when he was there. Just Lewis got 87% of them. I stand corrected.
Appreciate 4
Steeler2422.00
Bongoxxx804.00
See5449.00
      02-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #144
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Well my friend . We are talking about HAM's 45.65 Million contract...
Think that's something else ..
Think about it ! That's just his base salary , without his private sponsors deal money and race price money like victories ,podiums and poles .
Last year HAM ran 17 races - his 1 COVID race = "16 races"

45.65 Million Dollar:16 = That's "2.85 Million Dollar" to drive a race ..."ONE" race !
Or let us say 2.85 Million Dollar in 90 minutes !

Where I fall my friend ? That's really hard to tell in Belgium ..Because 60 % from my money is always stolen !
Well I "NEVER" see my entire salary (incomes) because 60% is for the Belgian government ..
Yeah .We are talking about "INSANE Belgian TAXES" ! You know what I mean ? That's your income - (minus 60%) !!!
You know how that feels my friend ? It feels like they pull your pants down in the middle of the marketplace my friend !!!

Right ! 40 % is for my pockets . BUT !!! In the end of the year I will receive a paper from our Belgian Government in my letterbox ! And I have to pay taxes on my remaining 40 % AGAIN !!!

"Would you be ok with this and where do you fall, my friend" ?

My friend .That's why I'll say it again ..

"God Bless America"
You are worth as much as someone is willing to pay. It seems that Hamilton is worth 45.65M +. Not sure what else there is to say. Merc could have not signed him if they didnt want to pay.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
See5449.00
      02-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #145
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My good friend, Max isn't as good as Sir Lewis. Period. End of story. I'm sorry to tell you this. And it's not my opinion...the records speaks of this fact.

But for his time at Toro Rosso, he's never been out of a top 3 car. In that top 3 car his achievements are mediocre. RIC beat him.

Now let's look at Sir Lewis when he was just Lewis. He accounted for 2/3rds of the wins at McLaren in his time there and 87% of the pole positions for the team. Think about that for a moment.

Now, let's look at the 2009 campaign. Lewis, not Sir Lewis, was in the 6th fastest car over the season. That isn't my calculation, it is from Autosport. In that car which was pronounced as "Unacceptable", by Martin Whitmarsh, Lewis got 4 pole positions and 2 race wins. In the 6th fastest car on the grid.

Max has NO COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE at Toro Rosso. Additionally, Lewis has more pole positions in the 6TH FASTEST CAR on the grid than Max has over his career. Think about this for a moment.

It is not fair for Max to be spoken of in the sentences as Sir Lewis. There is no reasonable comparison for their performance and their pay.

Max has no:

Driver Championships
Constructor Championships
Record of mounting a championship challenge
Reasonable record against teammates
One-Lap Speed
Record of developing a car (See Constructors Championships)

Max is a good driver. But he isn't on Sir Lewis's level. There is no objective metric that says he is on that level. Only in people's feelings is Max as good as Sir Lewis.

Mentioning Max in the same sentence as Sir Lewis isn't fair to Sir Lewis.

Take care, my good friend!!
To mount a championship challenge you first need to have a capable car which HAM has had since '14 AND the hybrid tech time advantage. As much as you deny, it is there:lock stock and barrel friend.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #146
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
To mount a championship challenge you first need to have a capable car which HAM has had since '14 AND the hybrid tech time advantage. As much as you deny, it is there:lock stock and barrel friend.
Though you may have recently started watching F1, I enjoin you to go back to Sir Lewis and his career at McLaren. He was in the championship running for 4 of his 6 years there and he didn't always have the fastest car.

Never forget that at equal times in their careers, Sir Lewis has WAY more race wins, pole positions and an infinite number of WDCs compared to Max's ZERO.

Besides people FEELING that Max is a good as Sir Lewis, there is no objective information providing a rationale for that outcome. One need only look at their pole position results.

Max has 3 in 6 years. Sir Lewis has more when he was in the 6th fastest car on the grid.

Again, no comparison.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #147
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
M5theonlyone ,

I'm throwing you and my good friend @///M_Power-Belgium a bone. Here is me at CoTA on the pit straight 7 years ago. The brakes are still glowing red from the previous stop on my M6. Notice the number on the car...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
      02-16-2021, 03:30 AM   #148
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
M5theonlyone ,

I'm throwing you and my good friend @///M_Power-Belgium a bone. Here is me at CoTA on the pit straight 7 years ago. The brakes are still glowing red from the previous stop on my M6. Notice the number on the car...
Always enjoy talking about things on a lighter note, you struck it lucky with the number there..I'm impressed and it's good you still own the V10 M but I think your hero's reign will finally be over this year.
What did you think of the McLaren launch,I thought could it have been better and the car cover looked like a rain proof bargain shop sale item.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 04:03 AM   #149
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Though you may have recently started watching F1, I enjoin you to go back to Sir Lewis and his career at McLaren. He was in the championship running for 4 of his 6 years there and he didn't always have the fastest car.

Never forget that at equal times in their careers, Sir Lewis has WAY more race wins, pole positions and an infinite number of WDCs compared to Max's ZERO.

Besides people FEELING that Max is a good as Sir Lewis, there is no objective information providing a rationale for that outcome. One need only look at their pole position results.

Max has 3 in 6 years. Sir Lewis has more when he was in the 6th fastest car on the grid.

Again, no comparison.
Been following F1 for a while probably longer than you think though I'm not as involved with it as you,the socialite F1 scene must be interesting to say the least,I'm just a team top and baseball cap fan.
Max has age on his side and with an ever improving car together with the now sorted engine deal and a seemingly more capable teammate it will be harder for HAM to keep a grip together with the other teams coming on song too.
No doubt all interest now is what's coming out of Milton Keynes and Brackley.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 05:01 AM   #150
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
M5theonlyone ,

My friend , I always knew you really like "33" !
I'm pretty sure the number wasn't coincidence...

Your picture in the ///M6 at Cota looks great ,thanks for sharing

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50
MKSixer34171.50
      02-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #151
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Always enjoy talking about things on a lighter note, you struck it lucky with the number there..I'm impressed and it's good you still own the V10 M but I think your hero's reign will finally be over this year.
What did you think of the McLaren launch,I thought could it have been better and the car cover looked like a rain proof bargain shop sale item.
Me too on the M6. V10 Power Rules!!

There will be no change in the pecking order of F1 but for Max finishing 4th or 5th in the WDC! You saw it here first!!

The McLaren launch was a little disappointing. I hoped to see more details of the car but I imagine they will roll out more in the coming weeks without divulging any secrets.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #152
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Me too on the M6. V10 Power Rules!!

There will be no change in the pecking order of F1 but for Max finishing 4th or 5th in the WDC! You saw it here first!!

The McLaren launch was a little disappointing. I hoped to see more details of the car but I imagine they will roll out more in the coming weeks without divulging any secrets.
You and I both know that most of this season will be hardly different with little mitigation otherwise hence your comment in the above quoted post. That said, the biggest change McLaren could highlight was the relationship between Danny and Lando and I think that’s exactly what most of the launch focused on. For fan boys like me it was a great launch for that very reason, because what differences do you focus on with the car when there’s very little made not done in secret?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #153
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Been following F1 for a while probably longer than you think though I'm not as involved with it as you,the socialite F1 scene must be interesting to say the least,I'm just a team top and baseball cap fan.
Max has age on his side and with an ever improving car together with the now sorted engine deal and a seemingly more capable teammate it will be harder for HAM to keep a grip together with the other teams coming on song too.
No doubt all interest now is what's coming out of Milton Keynes and Brackley.
It is very interesting to see how RBR will face this season and the future managing their own PU.

I actually believe that with McLaren coming on, Checo Perez in the team, and Force India, um Racing Point, err Aston Martin with resources and a hopefully resurgent VET, Max will have more problems than ever. This doesn't even count the noises coming from Ferrari with their new engine. There is a possibility of 7 more drivers racing hard to get to the front of the grid and never underestimate the development capabilities of McLaren once the season starts. I can easily see RBR slipping to 4th or even 5th in the WCC and Max slipping to 4th or 5th in the WDC.

Max has his work cut out for him. He's been driving in the gap between Mercedes and whomever the 3rd best team is per race. He will now have to fight for every scrap, let alone mount a championship challenge.

Contrast this with Lewis who has been in F1 for 14 years as of last season and has battled for championships in 12 of those seasons. Only 2009 and 2011 could be counted as seasons he didn't mount a championship challenge. When you think about it, that statistic is remarkable.

As in all things, we shall see when the red lights go out!

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 3
Ngilbe361618.50
Steeler2422.00
      02-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #154
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
You and I both know that most of this season will be hardly different with little mitigation otherwise hence your comment in the above quoted post. That said, the biggest change McLaren could highlight was the relationship between Danny and Lando and I think that’s exactly what most of the launch focused on. For fan boys like me it was a great launch for that very reason, because what differences do you focus on with the car when there’s very little made not done in secret?
I love their driver pairing and think it has the possibility of being one for the ages. Sadly, I'm a Formula One tech junkie. I wish they would have gone over a few more details of the car when panning around the bodywork. That's all.

I always wanna see more car!!!

Appreciate 1