05-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #441
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I saw a YouTube video about this product that was interesting. Anyone have one or know anyone that has one?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/husqvarna-a...SABEgJzYPD_BwE

i don't like how it just roams around in random straight lines until it reaches a boundary or hits something. i also don't like that it is just constantly mowing. seems like you just have to let this thing run constantly.
      06-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #442
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I saw a YouTube video about this product that was interesting. Anyone have one or know anyone that has one?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/husqvarna-a...SABEgJzYPD_BwE

My father has had one for years, and he has a large yard. Has its own house and everything, where it goes to bed a night and charges for another exciting day of mowing! My father loves it, wouldn't ever want to part with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #443
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Yup! Milo is AWESOME! they need to keep up with the demand tho and stop raising the damn prices. do you like the smell of success?!
That's so funny!!! The initial smells after watering in for about 3 days... DAYUMN!
      06-02-2019, 04:16 AM   #444
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Question for you experts.

I recently discovered mice in my yard. I think they're called voles. Just not sure if they're mice or voles. They're in my front yard a few yards from the main door. What do you guys recommend to get rid of them?

Also, I have a June bug infestation and they all keep gathering on my front porch and die. How can I remedy this?
      06-02-2019, 05:44 AM   #445
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post

I recently discovered mice in my yard. I think they're called voles. Just not sure if they're mice or voles. They're in my front yard a few yards from the main door. What do you guys recommend to get rid of them?

Also, I have a June bug infestation and they all keep gathering on my front porch and die. How can I remedy this?
the little mfer on the left is the vole, the one on the right is a mole. if you said mice it's probably the one on the left. there's products out there you can buy depends if you want to kill them or get rid of them?

lots of YouTube videos to give you ideas on how to get rid of them

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 06:09 AM   #446
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Just planted a Japanese maple bush and leaves are wilting and falling off. No browning or crisping. Could it be shock?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #447
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Added a fake life-size swan to the pond this weekend. Really like the added touch
Very nice, our neighbor has one on our other side, can't see it but the waterfall at night is sleep inducing.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #448
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocan View Post
Just planted a Japanese maple bush and leaves are wilting and falling off. No browning or crisping. Could it be shock?
Probably. Early Spring would have been ideal. Did you add some organic compost and fertilizer? Scrape up the root ball for the roots to spread out?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #449
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Probably. Early Spring would have been ideal. Did you add some organic compost and fertilizer? Scrape up the root ball for the roots to spread out?
The first two yes, loosen the root ball no, should have.

I guess next spring will tell the story.

Is there a second growth cycle in the summer fall?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #450
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

the little mfer on the left is the vole, the one on the right is a mole. if you said mice it's probably the one on the left. there's products out there you can buy depends if you want to kill them or get rid of them?

lots of YouTube videos to give you ideas on how to get rid of them

Thank you very much! Definitely the left photo. I want them gone, even if it means killing them I don't really care to be honest.

I'll check out those videos.
      06-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #451
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Thank you very much! Definitely the left photo. I want them gone, even if it means killing them I don't really care to be honest.

water hose in one hole, you with 12 gauge shotgun at the other end.

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #452
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:

water hose in one hole, you with 12 gauge shotgun at the other end.

Haha trust me if I wasn't deployed I'd be blasting those little fuckers.
      06-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #453
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

been cutting the grass every two days because of all the rain we've been getting plus the CarbonX probably also has a lot to do with it. those stripes tho!

finally did an edging on the street side. was debating on doing this as some of my neighbors don't do there's as it still looks nice and clean

Endless Summer Hydrangeas are starting to bloom! I did use an acidic amendment but the flowers still turned out pink. probably gotta use it throughout the summer for it to turn blue

the Annabel Hydrangeas are really flourishing and the blooms are now just starting to bud
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2019, 06:05 AM   #454
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

my grass is coming back
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 04:01 PM   #455
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Talking

I've learned that it pays to be persistent.

All of my local stores were out of Milorganite for weeks. But I call and check a couple of times a week. And low and behold... One of my stores just received a palate last night! So I went in and grabbed 6 bags.
I needed to spread 2 more out back.
As far as I'm concerned, this is some good shit! My grass is green and thick AF!
But yeah... The shortage is real.

06-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #456
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

49 bags in stock at my local Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milorgan...4262/202265928
      06-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #457
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I've learned that it pays to be persistent.

All of my local stores were out of Milorganite for weeks. But I call and check a couple of times a week. And low and behold... One of my stores just received a palate last night! So I went in and grabbed 6 bags.
I needed to spread 2 more out back.
As far as I'm concerned, this is some good shit! My grass is green and thick AF!
But yeah... The shortage is real.

My wife thinks I have issues. I literally got excited to find our local HD had 10 bags. I told her to effing get ready NOW before somebody buys them. She said "its fertilizer, it's not the end of the effing world!" I said "Biiiiiiiiiiiiitchhhhhhh!" -Keele and Peele
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #458
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My wife thinks I have issues. I literally got excited to find our local HD had 10 bags. I told her to effing get ready NOW before somebody buys them. She said "its fertilizer, it's not the end of the effing world!" I said "Biiiiiiiiiiiiitchhhhhhh!" -Keele and Peele
That episode was hilarious!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 11:17 PM   #459
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That episode was hilarious!!!!
yeah...they're funny hell! my favorite is the substitute teacher

so for those who don't know you can propagate most of your plants. one of the easiest ways is the brick technique. just dig/scrape a hole, take the branch and bury it with the other end above ground and place a brick on top. this will cause the plant to grow roots with the portion in the dirt. I've taken one of my Annabel Hydrangeas and now I have 10 of them! at least it could be done with the Macrophylla's and the Arborescents varieties. I have yet seen anyone due this with the paniculata's and it's probably because the branches don't sit low enough to the ground to do this but this year I had a couple of them with branches sitting really low. so i'll try it and see if this works.

so here it is on the Annabel's

and here on the Limelight's (Paniculata)

Endless Summer

and the Vanilla Strawberry
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #460
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

does anyone know a good way of getting rid of mushrooms? we have been getting them recently and my wife is super worried about the curious dogs eating them. i don't think its a big deal, but she's convinced they'll eat them and get sick or die.
      06-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #461
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
does anyone know a good way of getting rid of mushrooms? we have been getting them recently and my wife is super worried about the curious dogs eating them. i don't think its a big deal, but she's convinced they'll eat them and get sick or die.
ah you must have been getting a lot of rain and the soil is really soggy and wet. same here, I've never seen mushroom until this year. I just kick them bitches or pull them out. tho I don't know if they're poisonous or not
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #462
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ah you must have been getting a lot of rain and the soil is really soggy and wet. same here, I've never seen mushroom until this year. I just kick them bitches or pull them out. tho I don't know if they're poisonous or not
it was a particularly wet year for us in california, but it hasn't really been raining lately. i have yet to install my smart sprinkler controller...
the grass is thick and healthy, and i don't think its a matter of being over-watered. there are a few spots that are starting to get a little dry as i have been manually turning the sprinklers off for a few days at a time to keep from overwatering. it has been consistently cloudy the last few weeks, so although it hasn't been raining, we don't need a ton of water.

i read that the cause of mushrooms is "organic material" under the grass. my first thought is we have a greenbelt behind our house and a ton of rabbits, squirrels, and chipmunks. at dusk on any given day, there are about two rabbits hopping around in the yard. i'm thinking the rabbit poop might not be helping, but they aren't going away, there has got to be 10,000 of them in the neighborhood.