BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Stop sale order: B12 03 23

06-15-2023, 04:15 PM   #23
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pprior View Post
Update: BMW SA called today and states BMW has released a "software update" that is supposed to fix this problem. He states it was only a week or two of production that had the issue.

Wasn't able to get any more information than that. Now I have to make a decision on whether to accept this car. Is this update somehow detuning the engine? Could there be other issues?

Wish I had more information. I'm going to have to decide to take this car or move to another (have made significant inquiries towards a completely different car in the last few days).
Take it! You've waited this long, little more won't kill you. It's worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 04:29 PM   #24
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Update: BMW SA called today and states BMW has released a "software update" that is supposed to fix this problem. He states it was only a week or two of production that had the issue.

Wasn't able to get any more information than that. Now I have to make a decision on whether to accept this car. Is this update somehow detuning the engine? Could there be other issues?

Wish I had more information. I'm going to have to decide to take this car or move to another (have made significant inquiries towards a completely different car in the last few days).
The engine isn’t being detuned and the odds are the car should be released soon if there is a software update.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 04:53 PM   #25
Pprior
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 40i

Garage List
2023 BMW Z4 M40i  [9.87]
2016 BMW 328GT  [0.00]
Sorry I wasn't clear - the software update is apparently available and will be installed when they take the car out of "shipping mode" per the SA.

I guess I'm going to take the gamble and trust all of you that it will be worth it. Kinda like walking into a biker bar and asking if I should buy a Harley, but what the hell I guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 04:59 PM   #26
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear - the software update is apparently available and will be installed when they take the car out of "shipping mode" per the SA.

I guess I'm going to take the gamble and trust all of you that it will be worth it. Kinda like walking into a biker bar and asking if I should buy a Harley, but what the hell I guess.
It will be worth the wait, once you take possession you will not regret it!

By the way, who is your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #27
PSQ777
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:

You won't regret it. I took mine out around 9pm on Tuesday night for a back-road blast. I met hardly any traffic, sport mode, manual shifting. This thing is seriously quick. I got back home buzzing ! It is a great car.
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2023, 06:54 PM   #28
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:

It may boil down to whether you can rid yourself of the bad taste in your mouth over the delays. If you can't, it may negatively affect your perception of the car. It happened to me once.
Appreciate 0