BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Marijuana is good for your health

Closed Thread

09-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #199
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
So Oxygen is a drug? lol
technically speaking it is within the definition. however, I do not agree, even an 02 tank is not a drug per say.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #200
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
So Oxygen is a drug? lol
Yes as well as water. You can die from too much, drowning or hypervolemia.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #201
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

bimmerpost flagged this thread as one that i'd posted in before, despite me having no recollection of doing so.

must have been high.
Appreciate 3
      09-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #202
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Are you a pothead, Focker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
bimmerpost flagged this thread as one that i'd posted in before, despite me having no recollection of doing so.

must have been high.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #203
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i would have used the search function....but was too high
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      09-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #204
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I saw this thread on my way to work this morning and then I totally forgot what I was going to write when I got back. Maybe it was because something came up at work and I had to leave my position earlier than expected. I was hoping to stick around for a few months but I got let go..

now what was I going to post?

Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00
      09-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #205
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Marijuana is a drug, regardless what some say it is.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #206
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Name:  Bob Saget.jpg
Views: 8446
Size:  107.2 KB

Everything is a drug, does it REALLY matter the semantics of what we call it? It shouldn't, only the effects matter... but the perception of the effects gets convoluted by the semantics then it just gets to be a whirlwind of shit that we can't escape. Like Shitnado, the ugly cousin of Sharknado
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #207
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

I burn all the time, but i'm not gonna pretend its not mainly for getting baked and watching martial arts movies after i put the kids to bed.

that being said, i have PTSD from combat, and while its not bad, smoking weed certainly helps me sleep a lot better than the pills do. i hate all the meds they throw at us vets, and it really makes you feel like a different person. so i decided to just try smoking weed, and its helped with sleep and just not being/feeling stressed out all the time.

however, im not gonna pretend like its just some miracle drug. smoking is still bad for your lungs no matter what you are smoking. it might not have the high cancer risk associated with smoking like cigarettes do, but we do need a lot more research that studies long term impacts with moderate to heavy smokers.

BUT, thats also due to the fact that a lot of people smoke weed mixed with tobacco a lot, like blunts. i smoke out of straight glass, or Raw paper cones. i don't smoke tobacco at all, never have in my life, other than trying it when i was a teen.

i will say that it also doesn't impact anything else i do. im still go beast mode in the gym, active with the family, walks with the dogs, blah blah blah. hasn't made me lazy whatsoever, unless im actively baked of course.

but its not a one size fits all so i understand why some rather not touch it.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 4
PA135ii236.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #208
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
I burn all the time, but i'm not gonna pretend its not mainly for getting baked and watching martial arts movies after i put the kids to bed.

that being said, i have PTSD from combat, and while its not bad, smoking weed certainly helps me sleep a lot better than the pills do. i hate all the meds they throw at us vets, and it really makes you feel like a different person. so i decided to just try smoking weed, and its helped with sleep and just not being/feeling stressed out all the time.

however, im not gonna pretend like its just some miracle drug. smoking is still bad for your lungs no matter what you are smoking. it might not have the high cancer risk associated with smoking like cigarettes do, but we do need a lot more research that studies long term impacts with moderate to heavy smokers.

BUT, thats also due to the fact that a lot of people smoke weed mixed with tobacco a lot, like blunts. i smoke out of straight glass, or Raw paper cones. i don't smoke tobacco at all, never have in my life, other than trying it when i was a teen.

i will say that it also doesn't impact anything else i do. im still go beast mode in the gym, active with the family, walks with the dogs, blah blah blah. hasn't made me lazy whatsoever, unless im actively baked of course.

Just grab a few of the wax cartridges and a vap pen if you're worried about the smoke/your lungs. Don't have to worry about smelling like pot around the kids or in the house then.
Appreciate 2
sspade2460.00
      11-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #209
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

I have PTSD from rather traumatic experience that occurred a few years ago. Went to therapy and the nut jobs there tried to tell me I was bipolar, not the case at all. They put me on all kinds of meds and they seriously fucked me up mentally. The last therapy session I went to, the counselor mentioned off record that she has patients that have experimented with marijuana with great results so I started smoking....again. The difference was night and day. I stopped the anti-depressants cold turkey (not advised, this is sketchy as hell) and went to just smoking pot. Everything turned around with in a just a few weeks but I believe that most of that time frame was allowing my brain to get back to normal functioning mode from the constant changing of my meds that they prescribed.

Currently I am not smoking because work has started doing random testing and medical use has not been set forth in the state that reside in. I'm back to having breakdowns in the middle of the day at work and nightmares on average 3-5 times a week. The nightmares are no joke. There have been times that I have woke up in the floor punching the floor with everything I have, luckily I haven't broken any bones in my hand yet. Thankfully the current girlfriend understands what I deal with and doesn't judge me or freaks out when I have episodes late at night while she is staying the night, but I can imagine how unnerving it is.

I really wish there was a way that I could smoke without the fear of losing my job as I am a highly functioning user. It actually makes me focus more and I feel like I am more productive with it than without; not to mention I am able to sleep.
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #210
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I have PTSD from rather traumatic experience that occurred a few years ago. Went to therapy and the nut jobs there tried to tell me I was bipolar, not the case at all. They put me on all kinds of meds and they seriously fucked me up mentally. The last therapy session I went to, the counselor mentioned off record that she has patients that have experimented with marijuana with great results so I started smoking....again. The difference was night and day. I stopped the anti-depressants cold turkey (not advised, this is sketchy as hell) and went to just smoking pot. Everything turned around with in a just a few weeks but I believe that most of that time frame was allowing my brain to get back to normal functioning mode from the constant changing of my meds that they prescribed.

Currently I am not smoking because work has started doing random testing and medical use has not been set forth in the state that reside in. I'm back to having breakdowns in the middle of the day at work and nightmares on average 3-5 times a week. The nightmares are no joke. There have been times that I have woke up in the floor punching the floor with everything I have, luckily I haven't broken any bones in my hand yet. Thankfully the current girlfriend understands what I deal with and doesn't judge me or freaks out when I have episodes late at night while she is staying the night, but I can imagine how unnerving it is.

I really wish there was a way that I could smoke without the fear of losing my job as I am a highly functioning user. It actually makes me focus more and I feel like I am more productive with it than without; not to mention I am able to sleep.
yea cold turkey off of AD's is rough. i'm glad you pulled through it though. thats mental toughness right there, straight up.

that being said, yea with regards to employment, its such a complex thing. its like on one hand, companies should have the right to set their own drug policies with their employees. on the other, its time the country acknowledge the clear and obvious medical benefits for people who use it for specific reasons.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #211
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
yea cold turkey off of AD's is rough. i'm glad you pulled through it though. thats mental toughness right there, straight up.

that being said, yea with regards to employment, its such a complex thing. its like on one hand, companies should have the right to set their own drug policies with their employees. on the other, its time the country acknowledge the clear and obvious medical benefits for people who use it for specific reasons.
Exactly! It's not like I'm smoking crack or shooting up. As a former employer myself, I can completely understand not wanting an employee being under the influence of anything while at work for a multitude of reasons, mostly safety of that employee and the safety of those working in proximity. At the same time I also have a hard time dealing with the mentality of trading my personal freedom at home for financial gain. Clearly monetary gain has won in the deciding factor here, but trading peace of mind for financial stability is just something that most have to succumb to.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #212
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:

Consider a CBD tincture before bed. This should really work wonders for you and it has no or very little THC
      11-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #213
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Consider a CBD tincture before bed. This should really work wonders for you and it has no or very little THC
I have a friend who is a pharmacist who has recommended this also. I've considered it but just can't justify the implications at this point. Any level of THC detectable isn't worth the risk. It would be nice to be able to reduce some of the stress levels but at the same time I'm mentally astute enough to where I can deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #214
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Exactly! It's not like I'm smoking crack or shooting up. As a former employer myself, I can completely understand not wanting an employee being under the influence of anything while at work for a multitude of reasons, mostly safety of that employee and the safety of those working in proximity. At the same time I also have a hard time dealing with the mentality of trading my personal freedom at home for financial gain. Clearly monetary gain has won in the deciding factor here, but trading peace of mind for financial stability is just something that most have to succumb to.
Sounds awful...Can you get a prescription from your Doctor and talk to HR about your medical needs before you are drug-tested?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #215
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Sounds awful...Can you get a prescription from your Doctor and talk to HR about your medical needs before you are drug-tested?
It's not full on medicinal here yet so it wouldn't do me any good. Once it's full on medicinal here, I can get a prescription for it and should have no problems. I would imagine that it would be no different than pain medication. If it is found in your system and you have a prescription for it they can't do anything about; however, if you don't have a script it's immediate termination.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #216
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's a gateway and soon, if not already, you will be giving bjs for coke like saget.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
      11-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #217
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

What kind of test do they do? If it's oral it is supposed to leave your saliva in 4hrs or so
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #218
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Anybody who has done an ounce of research and doesn't have an agenda knows that marijuana is not "good for your health." There is evidence of some benefits for specific types of patients but overall there is no data of its long-term consequences on human beings.

In mice there is evidence of deleterious health effects including on offspring. And traffic crashes have increased as a result of legalization.

Just speaking based on my medical background but there are good reasons supporting legalization...but this false notion that it is "healthy" is false and dangerous. At the end of the day [like caffeine, alcohol, etc.] it is a drug that alters one's mind and should not be actively encouraged.
Appreciate 2
Harpinc94.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
      11-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #219
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

But its green
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #220
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
I definitely rely on THC/CBD oil cartridges throughout the week. Ultra discreet and effective. 1ML cartridge is $73 and lasts me usually two weeks.

My oh my... how times have changed from just a few years ago when you had to meet some shady dude to score some stank ass dope and risk getting yourself busted. Now its completely legal and virtually no smell during use and absolutely no smell after use. Definitely eases the mind!
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread