04-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
f136661
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650ix Gran Coupe

Garage List
No Email function

I just picked up my new Z4 m40. I was very disappointed to find out that there is no email even though I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. The Genius was not able to figure it out at the dealership and online. I see that in Europe they have Office 365 link but not in the USA. I have texts but no email.

I have had more than 10 BMW's in the last 10 years as well as a few Jaguars. All of which linked via Bluetooth to my phones with email.

How is everyone else dealing with this issue? Do you know if BMW will be adding this link soon? I have heard that they will be adding Android Auto in July but that will not make email on the Idrive screen a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
blaird03
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M40i, TTS, Abarth

I have worked in technology / software for decades
The last thing i want in any car is emails !!
Appreciate 5
      04-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
Keithark
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by f136661 View Post
I just picked up my new Z4 m40. I was very disappointed to find out that there is no email even though I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. The Genius was not able to figure it out at the dealership and online. I see that in Europe they have Office 365 link but not in the USA. I have texts but no email.

I have had more than 10 BMW's in the last 10 years as well as a few Jaguars. All of which linked via Bluetooth to my phones with email.

How is everyone else dealing with this issue? Do you know if BMW will be adding this link soon? I have heard that they will be adding Android Auto in July but that will not make email on the Idrive screen a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f136661 View Post

They have pulled the 365 office as I didn't work ( I'm in Uk)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 01:29 AM   #4
Amadeo
Skipper
Spain
Rep
Drives: Bmw g29 z4 sdrive 30i

Garage List
Had it booked in Spain since a month ago but not using it.
Attached Images

04-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
You will have to wait for android auto I believe
Appreciate 0