BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Air Pods vs wired ear buds

04-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Air Pods vs wired ear buds

So due to covid I've seen more people using AirPods with zoom. This has exposed the fact that air pods mic sounds like crap compared to wired ear pods. It sounds like phone call quality vs much higher fidelity with wired ear pods. Wonder if they fixed this with air pods 2. Makes the high price tag not worth it. I hear the music streaming sound quality isn't all that great either.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

There are plenty of tws ear pods that sound better than Apple iPods for a fraction of the price.

However, most tws ear pods - like 98% - of them are horrible for phone calls. Soundcore Liberty Air 2 was designed for phone call use - it has 4 mics with CvC 8.0 noise cancelling - but is not the best for music.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I have bose wireless ear buds and they sound amazing. But like said above the phone call kind of suck but still ok. Once I went wireless it is really hard for me to use something wired.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #4
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

nope they didnt fix it 1 is 2 the same only latency difference..
i dont think their mic is that bad though.. but pro is better in every way..
      04-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
FahrAndWide
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i '09 4D

I like my Galaxy Buds, their sound quality and microphone quality are also very good for the price. They have the Buds Plus now which are supposedly better, but I just have the originals. They work with iOS if you are open to considering something other than Apple. I am just a Samsung fanboy, haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #6
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahrAndWide View Post
I like my Galaxy Buds, their sound quality and microphone quality are also very good for the price. They have the Buds Plus now which are supposedly better, but I just have the originals. They work with iOS if you are open to considering something other than Apple. I am just a Samsung fanboy, haha.
I'm looking for a decent pair of over ear headphones with mic that are comfortable to wear for a long period of time that I can work out in. I need one of those cellular Apple watches so I can go on a run and not need my phone on me.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I was a bose wireless guy till about 2 months ago when I got a couple pairs of the AirPods pros and they are my new goto. I love them, the noise cancelation works decent as well.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #8
ChanceGavin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sold 16 340i

Pros are amazing, I have had both. Pros noise cancelling is amazing, then also press a button on them and still get music but then are able to hear around you amazingly. I wear them to work all the time. Mic quality still sucks. My wife hates to talk to me when they are in. She gets all of the background noise and little voice. To be fair I am fairly soft spoken. But I also never leave home without them, short conversations I still use them, long calls switch to something else.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 06:30 AM   #9
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceGavin View Post
Pros are amazing, I have had both. Pros noise cancelling is amazing, then also press a button on them and still get music but then are able to hear around you amazingly. I wear them to work all the time. Mic quality still sucks. My wife hates to talk to me when they are in. She gets all of the background noise and little voice. To be fair I am fairly soft spoken. But I also never leave home without them, short conversations I still use them, long calls switch to something else.
I'm not really a fan of earbuds in general since they are uncomfortable to wear for a long time and get ear wax all over them. Can you trade these in for cash? I would not want to buy used ones myself and spending over $100 for them seems out of the question.
Appreciate 0