BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #8141
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Honestly, my takeaway from this video is that you are basically saying dating in reality is just a lot of pole / shaft work....
It's not even that exciting for me in 2021........
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #8142
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Honestly, my takeaway from this video is that you are basically saying dating in reality is just a lot of pole / shaft work....
My takeaway is that it's not worth the effort.
Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00
      02-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #8143
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

My takeaway is that it could be pretty fun(ny), but you might not get what you came for.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #8144
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
my takeway is that squirrel is dumb, repeatedly try climbing. just chop it down
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615140.50
      02-25-2021, 10:03 AM   #8145
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I was going to say sliding on poles in order to get a free meal.
Appreciate 2
FizzyElf133.00
Joekerr7929.00
      02-25-2021, 10:58 AM   #8146
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I was going to say sliding on poles in order to get a free meal.
No putting out on the first date. Don't take her out again if she offers the goods that easily. You'll just be a hotdog in a hallway.
Appreciate 4
FizzyElf133.00
Lady Jane70313.50
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #8147
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliiin View Post
Just ended a 4 month relationship.

Cliffs:
She had a pyscho mom and was not very independent. I would rant if anyone is interested.

Story 1: She is a pharmacist and her mom lives with her. She lies to her mom about working 5 days a week when she works 4 to "get away from her mom." It's called her ME day and she dresses up like she's going to work and leaves the house so her mom doesn't know and thinks she's going to work but she does other shit on this fake day off. The kicker: she's 38. This was mind blowing to me. Like... what in the actual fuck?
Quoting for background info

A little about me: I'm 32, really chill, laid back, have lots of patience, and am very easy to get along with.

Story 2: The Texas Polar Vortex Conundrum

She books a hotel very near her work in case of icy roads for 4 days during the winter storm last week. She tells me on day 2 of staying at the hotel that she's checking out of the hotel, coming over and staying with me. Of course, mom doesn't know she is coming over. Mom doesn't even know about me (lol?). She has to hide things from her mom and make sure "there's no suspicion" when she makes up lies to her. She's 38 years old, not 15, like wtf?

I've been using a generator at my house because there might be rolling blackouts and turn off my main breaker. I also don't want to pay $9000 per megawatt hour when it's usually $30 per megawatt hour. I tell her the situation and that she might not like it if she comes here. It might be cold and there are a lot of uncertainties. She acknowledges it, says she wants to see me, checks out of her hotel and decides to come stay with me for the next 2 days.

She gets here, complains it's cold, gets upset and cries. I ask her why she's upset at me when I told her before she came here what the situation was. She could have just stayed at her hotel. She says she's upset at the situation and not at me. I told her she knew the situation beforehand, so why are you upset at all?

Then, she says I'm never emotionally supportive and I don't understand her feelings. I also told her I would put my foot down with controlling, manipulative mom and tell her to fuck off because she's an adult and financially independent from mom. She should be living her life as an adult, not as a 15 year old kid. She says I'm judging her mom and not being supportive. It's like I'm her therapist and raising a child at the same time.

Am I out of line here with my logical thinking?
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #8148
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Fucking run. What have I said about irrational/crazy, this woman nothing but issues.
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15685.00
FizzyElf133.00
rebekahb3130.00
aliiin707.00
      02-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #8149
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
RUN - as fast as you can......And don't look back.
FizzyElf133.00
rebekahb3130.00
aliiin707.00
      02-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #8150
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep

I'll type up some more stories later, but yes red flags all around!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #8151
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
No putting out on the first date. Don't take her out again if she offers the goods that easily. You'll just be a hotdog in a hallway.
My comment was only a joke, but this is wildly inaccurate. Most all women say this. Most all women end up offering at least part of the goods on the first date. Most all women say, "I never do this on a first date." Almost 30 years of experience in this area. There have been some that I have dated for long periods of time, there was two that I married and then there were some that I called the next day because it was in my best interest to......then there were many who left directly after that I never saw or spoke to again.

Also, the hotdog in a hallway comment....inaccurate as well. In my experiences, these women do exist, but these conditions were not created by excessive use of that area; more so born this way.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 12:02 PM   #8152
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
My comment was only a joke, but this is wildly inaccurate. Most all women say this. Most all women end up offering at least part of the goods on the first date. Most all women say, "I never do this on a first date." Almost 30 years of experience in this area. There have been some that I have dated for long periods of time, there was two that I married and then there were some that I called the next day because it was in my best interest to......then there were many who left directly after that I never saw or spoke to again.

Also, the hotdog in a hallway comment....inaccurate as well. In my experiences, these women do exist, but these conditions were not created by excessive use of that area; more so born this way.
The hotdog in a hallway comment was a joke! Stop being so serious in OT
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615140.50
FizzyElf133.00
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #8153
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quoting for background info

A little about me: I'm 32, really chill, laid back, have lots of patience, and am very easy to get along with.

Story 2: The Texas Polar Vortex Conundrum

She books a hotel very near her work in case of icy roads for 4 days during the winter storm last week. She tells me on day 2 of staying at the hotel that she's checking out of the hotel, coming over and staying with me. Of course, mom doesn't know she is coming over. Mom doesn't even know about me (lol?). She has to hide things from her mom and make sure "there's no suspicion" when she makes up lies to her. She's 38 years old, not 15, like wtf?

I've been using a generator at my house because there might be rolling blackouts and turn off my main breaker. I also don't want to pay $9000 per megawatt hour when it's usually $30 per megawatt hour. I tell her the situation and that she might not like it if she comes here. It might be cold and there are a lot of uncertainties. She acknowledges it, says she wants to see me, checks out of her hotel and decides to come stay with me for the next 2 days.

She gets here, complains it's cold, gets upset and cries. I ask her why she's upset at me when I told her before she came here what the situation was. She could have just stayed at her hotel. She says she's upset at the situation and not at me. I told her she knew the situation beforehand, so why are you upset at all?

Then, she says I'm never emotionally supportive and I don't understand her feelings. I also told her I would put my foot down with controlling, manipulative mom and tell her to fuck off because she's an adult and financially independent from mom. She should be living her life as an adult, not as a 15 year old kid. She says I'm judging her mom and not being supportive. It's like I'm her therapist and raising a child at the same time.

You should have unprotected sex with this one, then marry her after the baby is born without a prenup.
Appreciate 1
aliiin707.00
      02-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #8154
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The hotdog in a hallway comment was a joke! Stop being so serious in OT
Well, I made a joke and you told me not to date women who put out on the first date.

Women are funny in this regard. Women will literally sleep with a guy on the first date, then tell other men not to date women who sleep with men on the first date. If a woman tells a man to stay away from another women because she is easy...guess what, we are not going to avoid them. Basically the same thing as telling a dog not to eat a steak, that was dropped on the floor, because it isn't prepared sous vide. That dog doesn't give a shit and thinks the steak is delicious.
Appreciate 2
      02-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #8155
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Well, I made a joke and you told me not to date women who put out on the first date.

Women are funny in this regard. Women will literally sleep with a guy on the first date, then tell other men not to date women who sleep with men on the first date. If a woman tells a man to stay away from another women because she is easy...guess what, we are not going to avoid them. Basically the same thing as telling a dog not to eat a steak, that was dropped on the floor, because it isn't prepared sous vide. That dog doesn't give a shit and thinks the steak is delicious.
Yes, I did quote you directly but my comment was more of a catch all intended for everyone, not specifically you.

I need to get off this forum and pack Too stressed to think straight ATM. I hate moving.

Last edited by Sara; 02-25-2021 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #8156
FizzyElf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X30e on order

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #8157
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyElf View Post
redheads
Appreciate 2
FizzyElf133.00
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #8158
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Ever had a women with 3 or more naturally born kids? Take off your shoes and hop in. Thats maybe a reason why many women decide to get the Caesarean section?

Quote:
redheads
I have a question for you out of curiosity: When you are on the hunt, at which point you tell your next upcoming exfriend that you have 6yo? Or is that written in your profile?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #8159
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Ever had a women with 3 or more naturally born kids? Take off your shoes and hop in. Thats maybe a reason why many women decide to get the Caesarean section?

I have a question for you out of curiosity: When you are on the hunt, at which point you tell your next upcoming exfriend that you have 6yo? Or is that written in your profile?
It's not written in my profile. I have very little personal information about me on my profile as I don't want all the looneys on there to see it and have my information. If we are a match, I'll provide more information at that point.

Before I meet with someone, I try to vet them as much as I can that's appropriate. As a small female, it's different as a girl meeting a 6'0"+ guy, etc...you get the point. Anyways, I will more often than not exchange social media platforms before any first encounter. My daughter is always posted throughout my instagram. They can 99% of the time figure it out for themselves if they read the captions, etc. There's photos of me pregnant on there.

I've had one guy not pick up on it. I told him during our first date that I have a daughter. I'll never forget that he said "well that's not ideal" and then proceeded to continue the date, which up until that point was going really well. I couldn't shake the comment he said about my daughter and I declined his request for a second date.

Last edited by Sara; 02-25-2021 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
Dang3r12508.50
M5Rick59589.50
      02-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #8160
FizzyElf
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X30e on order

What is love? baby don't hurt me...
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907423.50
      02-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #8161
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep

The Car Conundrum

She sold her to carvana, and she was supposed to drop her car off there. Mom has to drive 5 minutes to pick her up after drop off, but won't citing "it's too dark and I can't really see." Her mom is able to see and is fully able to drive. What kind of selfish fuckery is that?

Then, she wants to look for a new car. She asks for my help and I loosely told her I'll help her. We go look at various brands and models. She says she can take her time because her mom's car is available to drive. A few weeks pass by, she gets upset the there has been no car progress and that I said I'd help her but really haven't.

I told her she has to decide what her budget is and what options/packcages are deal breakers for her so we can narrow it down. Do you want a Lamborghini Urus or Toyota RAV4? She can't decide and says it just depends on what she sees and if "it's a good deal."

Feels like I have to make all the decisions for her? She has 0 independence and I think it manifests from her mom. I mean it's your car... you're going to be driving it? Why am I deciding if you should have a heated steering wheel or not?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:44 PM   #8162
aliiin
I use my turn signal
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not written in my profile. I have very little personal information about me on my profile as I don't want all the looneys on there to see it and have my information. If we are a match, I'll provide more information at that point.
Don't you want to describe yourself as much as possible and paint a picture of yourself as accurately as possible to the other person? That way if something is a deal breaker for the other person, he can move on and not waste your time or his? Or if he sees an incapability issue?

For example, if someone has a kid that is a deal breaker for me. I'm out.
Appreciate 0