BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Z4 M40i Design Flaw Uncovered

09-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #89
Mixitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Does the wheel design play a part? As soon as some incentives are throw out we're going to order one.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:00 PM   #90
Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
Update on the stones in M Sport brakes problem on the Z4 G29.

My dealer tells me that following the report and video that he sent over to BMW AG for review. Their response is that it is unlikely that the design of the shields will be carried out as they have not received sufficient complaints from owners to justify this.

Very disappointing response from BMW.
Is there a reference no of any sort to this issue with BMW?

Occurred on one of my rear wheels lat week, was unable to stop immediately so it just lodged further and then would not shift when I tried the back and forth, thought it had so continued my journey only for it to make the awful screeching and scraping approx half a mile later then continued for a dozen miles or so and then eventually dropped out when I next came to a complete stop.

I want to book my car in for them to check for damage
      10-11-2020, 05:12 AM   #91
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladester100 View Post

Occurred on one of my rear wheels lat week, was unable to stop immediately so it just lodged further and then would not shift when I tried the back and forth, thought it had so continued my journey only for it to make the awful screeching and scraping approx half a mile later then continued for a dozen miles or so and then eventually dropped out when I next came to a complete stop.

BMW are well aware of this problem but donít want to do anything about it. I have written to the the UK MD, Graeme Grieve, about this and my dealer sent photographs and a technical report to BMW AG asking them to look into the problem. I published their response earlier in this thread. Several owners have complained about this problem to their local dealer but I have learned that unless you actually book your car in for inspection nothing gets recorded. Very poor show from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #92
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladester100 View Post

It is very difficult to know whether it is the front or rear wheels from inside of the car. My bet is that the problem is on the front brakes as they are the ones that are very much more prone to getting stones trapped due to the poor design of the heat shields.
Appreciate 0